The earliest tale of Aatrox is as old as recorded history. It tells of a war between two great factions remembered only as the Protectorate and the Magelords. Over time, the Magelords won a series of crushing victories, leaving them on the brink of obliterating their sworn enemy forever. On the day of their final confrontation, the Protectorate army found themselves outnumbered, exhausted, and poorly equipped. They braced for inevitable defeat.
Just when all hope seemed lost, Aatrox appeared among the ranks of the Protectorate. With but a few words, he urged the soldiers to fight to the last before throwing himself into battle. His presence inspired the desperate warriors. At first, they could only watch in awe as this unknown hero cleaved through their enemies, his body and blade moving in unison as if one being. Soon, the warriors found themselves imbued with a potent thirst for battle. They followed Aatrox into the fray, each fighting with the furious strength of ten until they had won a most unlikely victory.
Aatrox vanished after that battle, but the Protectorate army's newfound fury did not. Their surprising triumph led to many more until they were able to finally return home victorious. Their countrymen hailed them as heroes, but though they had saved their entire civilization from destruction, darkness lingered in the mind of each warrior. Something within them had changed. Over time, their memories of battle faded, only to be replaced with a grim revelation: their acts of heroism were, in fact, brutal atrocities committed by their own hands.
Tales like these appear among the myths of many cultures. If they are all to be believed, Aatrox's presence has changed the course of some of the most important wars in history. Though these stories remember him as a savior in dark times, Aatrox's true legacy may be a world filled with conflict and strife.
"Some fight for honor, some fight for glory. It matters only that you fight."―Aatrox
- Upon selection
- "This battle will be my masterpiece."
- "Cut the courage from them."
- "Every kill brings victory closer."
- "There will be no retreat."
- "Fight or be forgotten."
- "Honor will not save them."
- "Break and fall."
- "Teach them to fear us."
- "Now we turn the tide!"
- "Sow the seeds of strife."
- "Rage against the dying of the light."
- "Violence is elegance."
- "Pain is temporary, victory is forever!"
- "Peace is the greatest lie of all."
- "War reveals what is within us."
- "Surpass the frailty of your form."
- "They will greet you as heroes."
- "True warriors are born in blood!"
- "I am as timeless as war."
- "Let fear become fury!"
- "I know what lurks in the hearts of men."
- "Hesitation is death."
- "Nobody understands me! They called my work a hack job."
- "This is no mere massacre; this is my masterwork!"
- "Fight and be remembered as a hero, or die and be remembered as a coward."
- "Fight as a hero, or die as a coward."
- "Fight and be remembered, or die and be forgotten."
- "Die with fear in your heart, or win with blood on your hands."
- "Even those who have nothing can give their lives."
- Aatrox laughs.
- Aatrox laughs.
- Upon using Massacre
- "Witness truth!"
- Meeting Tryndamere first time in a match
- "Tryndamere, my greatest creation."
- "This one's rage will shape the world."