|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Aatrox was designed by Classick.
- Aatrox's voice over is provided by Erik Ireland.
- Aatrox's name comes from the Latin word atrox, meaning fierce, savage and cruel. The English word atrocity comes from the word atrox.
- The word atrox is also derived from ater meaning dark, which may be an influencing factor in naming his species Darkin.
- Darius' classic splash art, as well as an updated version of Jax's classic splash art found on the beta version of LeagueOfLegends.com. While both shadowy figures resemble each other, there are enough differences between the figure and Aatrox that it could be another of the five darkin.
- Riot has stated the Aatrox was in some ways inspired by the  and from franchise, including his walk animation.
- Aatrox's lore is similar to , the God of War in .
- An Ancient Mystery In Runeterra, Aatrox's sneak peek, was posted under the name of Ezreal, in a similar fashion to how Journey Into The Freljord, Lissandra's sneak peek, was posted by Quinn.
- Aatrox is one of the five remaining Darkin, an ancient race. Of the five, he is currently the only known Darkin. However, only three members of the Darkin race are known to history (including Aatrox).
- Aatrox seems to view the wars he causes as a form of art, as several of his quotes refer to the fights as "work" "masterpieces" and other synonyms for art.
- Aatrox or another darkin has fought for almost every faction or city-state. He was praised as well, being depicted as a great hero. There is proof because each faction or city-state made statuettes after him, or painted him in windows or placed his face on an urn, depicting him as a god as well.
- The nature of his blade bears a resemblance to the
from the series. Both appear to be living weapons and can consume the life force of their wielder and drain the life force of their enemies.
- Additionally, the charged sound effect on his Blood Thirst ability, closely resembles the sound made by the Spirit Reaver form of the Soul Reaver.
- Aatrox is the fifth champion who uses health as a primary resource for casting abilities. The other four champions are Dr. Mundo, Mordekaiser, Vladimir, and Zac.
- Aatrox is the fifteenth champion that can increase their attack range. Aatrox's attacks remain melee.
- When reaching a certain amount of movement speed, Aatrox's movement animation shows him gliding instead of running.
- Enemies hit by Aatrox's Massacre will make a blood trail from themselves to Aatrox that he will rapidly absorb. This comes because when Aatrox was in early development on the PBE he would gain more attack speed based in how many enemies he had hit with Massacre. After his release, it was never changed and remained this way until today.
- Since Patch 5.6, each enemy champions hit by Massacre would increase Aatrox's Blood Well by 20% of the maximun amount, making the skill visual more acurate to the effect.
- When Aatrox uses his ultimate, you can faintly hear it no matter where you are on the map.
- Aatrox is the third dark themed champion with a light themed skin, the first being Varus and the second being Syndra.
- Of these three, Aatrox is the only one not from Ionia.
- Aatrox's quote "Rage against the dying of the light." is a direct reference to the poem " " by . An audio clip can be found here .
- His quote "I know what lurks in the hearts of man" is a reference to the character The Shadow created by - "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows..."
- His quote "Peace is the greatest lie of all" could reference from - "Peace is a lie, there is only passion...".
- He has two special quotes for Tryndamere, as a reference to his presence and influence in Tryndamere's lore.
- Aatrox's quote "Even those who have nothing can give their lives." is likely a reference to a similar line in Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War.
- His quote "Pain is temporary, victory is forever" is a reference to the famous quote "pain is temporary, pride is forever" which is an inspirational quote used in sports.
- He shares the Justicar theme with Justicar Syndra.
- This skin is meant to resemble Aatrox through the depictions of him by the people whom he saved.
- His appearance may be a direct reference to , specifically the main Jaeger - Gipsy Danger.
- Rumble can be seen in the background of the skins splash art, possibly the one that created the "Jaeger" Aatrox.
- When he recalls he transforms into a jet plane, which resembles / from the series.
- He shares this theme with Kha'Zix and Malphite. This being referred to as Prototype 13 by Heimerdinger is probably a reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion Series.
- In the art he is holding his blade with his right hand but in game he is left handed.
- Aatrox is the dark figure alluded to in Tryndamere's new lore, who possessed a living weapon and inspired unhinged bloodlust into those who fought alongside him using unearthly magic. The information surrounding the Freljordian bone dagger and his quotes seems to also support this.
- Aatrox may be an enemy of Bard because Aatrox has been in many bloody battles that Bard may have intervened and Bard couldn't do anything.
- Main Theme