Aatrox’s combination of mobility and survivability enables a hyper-aggressive playstyle, punctuated by brazen dives and daring escapes. He excels at relentlessly pushing lanes, relying on his Dark Flight and Blood Well to evade incoming ganks. In team fights, Aatrox’s mobility takes on a more offensive bent, allowing him to dive past tanks onto valuable back line targets.
Learn how to Massacre your enemies with Aatrox in the Champion Spotlight, where we’ll sample the Darkin Blade’s tactics, masteries and more.
- Playing As Aatrox
- Avoid engaging in a fight with low health unless your Blood Well is full so that you regain enough health to continue fighting.
- Building Life Steal can be very potent on Aatrox to help compensate for his health costs.
- Massacre is great at turning the tide of a battle. Make sure to use it at the right moment to maximize its benefits.
- Playing Against Aatrox
- When Aatrox takes fatal damage he is healed for the amount currently in his resource bar, landing a fatal blow on him while the resource bar is low will result in him reviving with a lower amount of Health.
- When Aatrox casts Dark Flight towards your location, avoid being knocked up by moving away from the center of impact.
- Aatrox is auto attack reliant for most of his damage and survivability, reducing his attack speed by purchasing or can help reduce both of those components greatly.
- Ability Usage
- When it is safe to do so, Blood Price increases clear speed greatly by sacrificing health. Then Blood Thirst will quickly refund that health when you are low.
- This is more useful in the jungle than it is in lane, as intentionally lowering your health makes you vulnerable, especially to being bursted.
- Mastery Usage
- Aatrox can in fact have enough life steal at the beginning of the game to completely negate Blood Price. This requires the use of Vampirism and life steal runes.
- Item Usage
- To counteract the effects of Blood Price, Aatrox needs at least .
- The more AD Aatrox acquires, the more life steal too, but this effect is practically marginal as it never realistically increases enough to require more than one life steal item.
- Attack speed is a significant stat on Aatrox. It will benefit not only his damage, but also his healing from both life steal and Blood Thirst.
- Grievous Wounds reduces healing from Blood Thirst. This is essential to executing any Aatrox that can't be bursted down.