Most of these shields are granted by champion abilities.
Shields are classified by the type of damage they absorb. Most of them absorb all types of damage, including true damage. Magic shields absorb only magic damage. They appear purple instead of the normal white, and champions with magic shields take direct damage to their health from physical and true damage.
All Shields take the champion's resistances into account when receiving damage to the temporary health.
Spell shields, which allow you to completely block the effect of one single ability, are not considered a type of shield.
- : Unique Active: Shield yourself and nearby allied champions for 5 seconds, absorbing up to 50 + (10 × level) damage. 60 second cooldown. +300 health, +20 armor, +10% cooldown reduction. Unique Aura - Legion: Nearby allies gain +20 magic resist and +10[health regeneration seconds. (1100 range) 2500 gold.
- : Unique Active: Mana Shield: Drains 20% of your current mana to shield yourself for an equal amount plus 150 for 3 seconds (120 second cooldown). +1000 mana, +60 ability power, +10 mana regen seconds. Unique Passive - Insight: Gain ability power equal to 3% of your maximum mana. 2800 gold.
- : Unique Passive: Grants a shield that absorbs up to 30 + (10 × level) damage. This shield refreshes after no damage is taken from enemy champions for 9 seconds. +70 magic resistance, +20 health regeneration seconds. 2080 gold.
- : Unique Active: Deadly Phalanx: Consumes 20% of your current Health to shield target ally for 10% of your maximum Health for 4 seconds. After 4 seconds, an explosion originates from the target dealing 10% of your maximum health as magic damage in an area. The shield does not need to persist for the explosion to occur. (60 second cooldown). +375 health +25 health regeneration
+10% cooldown reduction. Unique Passive - Spoils of War: Melee basic attacks execute minions below 200 (+100% AD) health. This effect requires a nearby allied champion to trigger. Recharges every 30 seconds, up to a maximum of 4 charges. Killing a minion while Spoils of War is available heals the nearest allied champion for 2% of your maximum health and grants them gold equal to the kill plus 10. Unique - Gold Income: You may only be in possession of 1 Gold Income item. 2000 gold.
Note: Only the shield effect of these abilities is shown here, to read more information on each of these abilities, follow the link on each of them.
- Blitzcrank's Mana Barrier creates a shield to protect him for damage equal to 50% of his current mana for up to 10 seconds. This happens when his health falls below 20% and has a cooldown of 90 seconds after it activates for it to be available again.
- Diana's Pale Cascade shields herself from up to 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 / 100 (+30% AP) damage or for 5 seconds. If all three spheres are triggered, the shield is reapplied. The second shield stacks with the first.
- Evelynn's Agony's Embrace shields herself from up to 150 / 225 / 300 per enemy champion that is hit and lasts up to 6 seconds.
- Janna's Eye Of The Storm shields her target from up to 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+70% AP) damage for up to 5 seconds.
- Jarvan IV's Golden Aegis shields himself from up to 50 / 90 / 130 / 170 / 210 damage plus 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 damage per nearby enemy champion for up to 5 seconds.
- Karma's Inspire summons a protective shield on an ally or herself that absorbs 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+50% AP) damage for up to 4 seconds. Karma's Defiance grants surrounding allies the half the shield value for 4 seconds.
- Lee Sin's Safeguard rushes him towards a target ally unit, shielding him from 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 (+80% AP) damage for the next 5 seconds. If the target ally was a champion, they also receive this shield.
- Lulu's Help, Pix! summons Pix and a Shield that absorbs 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+60% AP) for 6 seconds to targeted ally champion.
- Lux's Prismatic Barrier throws her wand to a target location and back protecting herself and any champions it touches them from 80 / 105 / 130 / 155 / 180 (+35% AP) damage for up to 3 seconds. The shield refreshes if the champion is touched again by the wand.
- Malphite's Granite Shield passively shields him with a layer of rock which absorbs damage equal to 10% of his maximum health. If Malphite has not been hit for 10 seconds, this effect recharges.
- Mordekaiser's Iron Man passively gives him a temporary shield equal to 35% of the damage dealt from his abilities, absorbing incoming damage. Shield strength is capped at 90 + (30 × level) and shield generation is half effective against minions and monster. Shield decays at 3% per second.
- Nautilus's Titan's Wrath shields himself from 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 (+10% of bonus health) damage for up to 10 seconds.
- Orianna's Command: Protect commands her ball to fly to and attach onto an allied champion shielding it from 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+40% AP) damage when it arrives for up to 4 seconds.
- Riven's Valor dashes her towards the cursor and grants her a shield protecting her from 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 / 210 (+100% bonus AD) damage for up to 1.5 seconds.
- Rumble's Scrap Shield creates a shield protecting from 50 / 80 / 110 / 140 / 170 (+40% AP) damage for up to 2 seconds. If he has 50 or more heat when casting it, the shield is 25% stronger.
- Shen's Feint protects him from 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 (+60% AP) for up to 3 seconds.
- Shen's Stand United places a shield on an allied champion that will protect them from 250 / 550 / 850 (+150% AP) for up to 5 seconds.
- Sion's Death's Caress surrounds himself with a shield which absorbs 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 (+90% AP) damage for up to 10 seconds. You can deactivate it after 4 seconds or it will destroy by itself after 10 seconds if not destroyed before hand. It deals damage when deactivated.
- Skarner's Crystalline Exoskeleton shields himself from 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 300 (+80% AP) damage for up to 6 seconds.
- Thresh's Dark Passage tosses his lantern towards the target location for up to 6 seconds. Allies who come near the lantern gain a shield lasting 4 seconds that that absorbs up to 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+40% AP) damage.
- Udyr's Turtle Stance upon activation it gives himself a shield that will protect him from 60 / 95 / 130 / 165 / 200 (+50% AP) for up to 5 seconds.
- Urgot's Terror Capacitor gives him a shield that absorbs 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280 (+80% AP) damage for 7 seconds.
- Vi's Blast Shield gives her a shield equal to 10% of her maximum health when she hits an enemy with one of her activated abilities. This effect has a / / second cooldown.
- Viktor's Power Transfer grants him a shield that absorbs up to 32 / 50 / 68 / 86 / 104 (+26% AP) for 3 seconds.
- Yasuo's Way of the Wanderer at maximum Flow, grants him a shield that absorbs up to when he is damaged by a champion or monster.
- The summoner spell Barrier shields your champion for 95 + (20 × level) for 2 seconds.
- Runic Shield grants a 50 health shield at the start of the game. This shield regenerates each time you respawn.
- Storm Shield: grants a 212.5 + (12.5 × level) health shield for 50 seconds which recharges if the bearer is not hit for ten consecutive seconds.
- : Unique Passive - Lifeline: If you would take magic damage which would leave you at less than 30% of your maximum health, you first gain a shield which absorbs 250 magic damage for 5 seconds. 60 second cooldown. +25 attack damage, +25 magic resistance. 1350 gold..
- : Unique Passive - Lifeline: If you would take magic damage which would leave you at less than 30% of your maximum health, you gain a shield which absorbs 400 magic damage for 5 seconds. 60 second cooldown. +60 attack damage, +40 magic resistance. Unique Passive: +1 Attack Damage for every 2% health missing, capping at +35 attack damage. 3200 gold..
- Morgana's Black Shield places a shield around herself or a friendly champion, absorbing 95 / 160 / 225 / 290 / 355 (+70% AP) magic damage and prevents the application of crowd control effects while the shield holds. Lasts 5 seconds or until the shield has been depleted.