- aura can be helpful in a variety of situations, not all of which are immediately obvious. It is especially powerful for melee champions and short-ranged casters, who are exceptional at close combat to the enemy and deal considerable amounts of magic damage. With proper maneuvering, these characters can apply the debuff to the entire enemy team at once, securing kills for longer-ranged champions.
- The debuff also affects minions and monsters, except for the Dragon, Baron Nashor and Vilemaw.
- The icon indicating the debuff aura often appears before the enemy who carries it. If an enemy is standing in a nearby brush or just over a wall, the debuff icon may give them away even if they cannot be seen.
- The aura will remain present even while using .
The following list is a guideline about champions who should consideras a relevant purchase option:
- The following champions are classified as long-ranged or utilize zoning as their primary mechanic, and aren't suited for the item:
- The following champions are classified as mid-ranged casters, or feature core mechanics that place them within a moderate range of the enemy. These are not intended users of the item, but many can easily make use of the item:
- Encouraged (below 650 range): Annie, Ahri, Blitzcrank, Fiddlesticks, Kayle, Kennen, LeBlanc, Lissandra, Morgana, Nunu, Rumble, Swain, Vladimir,
- Discretionary (above 650 range): Anivia, Brand, Cassiopeia, Karma, Malzahar, Tristana, Veigar, Viktor
- Discouraged (despite range): Janna, Lulu, Sona, Teemo, Twisted Fate, Zilean
- The following champions are classified as (or can be played as) low-range or melee casters, assassins, or AP/aura tanks, and are the intended users of the item:
Item effect compatibility
- aoe damage output. - fully fits within aura range, nice item pair to greatly improve one's overall survivability and
- - active part has range of 700 units. For best results, try to make sure that the missile hits a target within the aura radius, an applied slow also helps to keep target in aura range.
- Cho'Gath can compensate the lack of HP from both items with his Feast. - Most auto-attack reliant champions need to be in range of Abyssal Scepter to attack a champion using . this means that both items are very good to use together, especially since passive deals magic damage. Keep in mind that both items do not offer HP, and most champions who want to build those items together are tanks. You need to be able to compensate this fact; for example,