Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Playing As Ahri
- Use Charm to set up your combos, it will make landing Orb of Deception and Fox-Fire dramatically easier.
- Initiate team fights using Charm, and chase down stragglers with Spirit Rush.
- Spirit Rush enables Ahri's abilities, it opens up paths for Charm, helps double hitting with Orb of Deception, and closes to make use of Fox-Fire.
- It is wise to use Fox-Fire when you are chasing down enemies with Spirit Rush.
- Harass enemies with Orb of Deception as they do massive damage.
- Playing Against Ahri
- Ahri's survivability is significantly reduced when her Ultimate, Spirit Rush, is down.
- Stay behind minions to make Charm difficult to land, this will reduce Ahri's damage potential significantly.
- Ability Usage
- Orb of Deception is Ahri's main farming and harassing tool during the laning phase. The massive movement speed it grants can help Ahri avoid enemies' skillshots when trading skills.
- An ideal early game harassment would be Orb of Deception + an autoattack (which will proc ). This can deal quite a large amount of damage, especially on those who don't have much Magic Resist.
- Throw Orb of Deception backward when running to maximize the duration of the movement speed. This can help when running away or chasing an enemy.
- Orb of Deception's's mana cost is quite high during early game, with a relatively low cooldown of 7 seconds, so it can be tempting to spam this ability which will burn out Ahri's's mana very quickly. Therefore, it is advised not to spam it recklessly.
- Use the movement speed bonus to steer the Orb on its way back should the enemy attempt to sidestep it.
- The movement speed is also useful in escaping ganks when her ultimate Spirit Rush is not available.
- It is best to aim Orb of Deception at its maximum range to ensure both parts of the ability will hit the enemy.
- When your opponent moves forward to harass you, launch Orb of Deception at them and use the movement speed to dodge their skillshot.
- Maxing Orb of Deception is generally best, as it increases the unmitigatible damage in Ahri's kit.
- Essence Theft will heal Ahri for its maximum potential when used with Orb of Deception on a minion wave. The passive helps Ahri stay in lane longer than other mid laners.
- Fox-Fire is Ahri's's single target nuke that is best used when at close range to an enemy champion.
- At rank 1 and 2, Fox-Fire's damage is negligible and has a long cooldown. However, beyond rank 3 it will start to put a hurt on those who dare to charge into Ahri.
- Fox-Fire will proc immediately should the 3 spectral flames hit the target, thus making this ability a low-mana cost harassment.
- Maxing out Fox-Fire first before Orb of Deception is not a bad idea when it comes to extreme melee matchups (e.g.: Yasuo, Fizz, Akali). The secure single-targeted damage (as the ability is auto-targeted) helps Ahri retaliate should they try to engage or juke.
- Be wary that using Fox-Fire at close range also puts Ahri into risk of being disabled or worse, bursted down, as she is a squishy champion.
- Fox-Fire can also be used to charge up Essence Theft due to its low mana cost or to quickly kill 3 low-health minions (the flame will split automatically if the damage is sufficient to kill the target)
- When using your E-Q-W combo, ensure you land an autoattack before casting Fox-Fire to ensure that it targets your opponent and not the nearest minions.
- Charm is Ahri's's trademark skill and only form of disable. It will only affect the first enemy hit; enemy minions can block it.
- Charm has a long cooldown and a high mana cost early game. Take great care when using this ability to trade with your opponent as it will burn out Ahri's mana quickly.
- Setting up a perfect Charm for a gank will devastate your opponent,usually resulting in a kill or at the very least force them to use .
- Use Charm's casting animation will result in the projectile fired in the position that you are flashing into. Use this technique will more likely to catch your enemy off-guard than Charm, especially on higher elo. during
- Charm can lure the enemy into your turret's range, thus favoring you in a trade.
- Although Charm can no longer disrupt dashes, it can still stop Sweeping Blade.
- During teamfights, try to Charm the enemies' carries, which will likely result in their death. Alternatively, you can use Charm to save your marksman(s) from diving assassins such as Zed and Talon.
- Charm has a decently long range and the projectile is small. Practice hitting your opponent with it through gaps in their minion waves.
- Ahri's ultimate- Spirit Rush is what makes her slippery and versatile. Use Spirit Rush in teamfights to re-position yourself if enemies try to lock you down.
- With 3 charges of Spirit Rush and , Ahri can cover massive distance to close or expand the gap with enemies. Often, opponents will burn their own in a futile attempt to escape her; if you know your opponent has , save one charge of your ultimate for it.
- Spirit Rush can dash through most walls. Use this trick to create shortcuts when chasing or escaping.
- Focus on using Spirit Rush to juke any incoming skillshots rather than damage the enemies as the damage of 3 dashes is still somewhat low unless you are very fed.
- Use the 10-second span after your first use of Spirit Rush to wait for your abilities' cooldown then engage your enemies again.
- In rare scenarios however, Spirit Rush's damage can be used to finish off low health champions if other skills are unavailable lest they away.
- Use Spirit Rush right where you stand (hover the mouse over your champion) to deal the immediate damage from Spirit Rush without putting yourself into an unfavorable position. Use this technique when your E-Q-W combo doesn't deal enough damage to kill your target.
- Spirit Rush, simply mid-dash (or and Spirit Rush) will fire the bolts in the new position, thus dealing damage to any outranged enemies. can also be used in the same manner with
- Mastery Usage
- Ahri, as one spell combo in lane will proc the mastery, adding more damage to her mid-late game burst combo as well as giving her more assassination potential. is generally the best Keystone for
- Item Usage
- Ahri, offering mana sustain,high ability power, and cooldown reduction. is a good item to rush on
- Ahri must close the distance to make the most of her damage.The slow from also makes it harder for the enemy to juke your skillshot. is an excellent item for Ahri, as much of her kit involves kiting around enemies and dodging skillshots. The health is also a welcome addition, as
- As an ability power carry, Ahri can clear waves of minions with a single Orb of Deception once she has . The extra AP means more damage on Orb of Deception's true damage. is a must-buy.
- Ahri's burst potential against squishy targets.
and are good against magic and physical damage, respectively. in particular will greatly enhance
- Ahri. The active from the item will likely neutralize all physical (and even magical) burst, namely Zed's Death Mark and Syndra's Unleashed Power. will mitigate any source of physical damage, the extra armor is precious as it complements to the already-low base armor of
- Syndra or Veigar. Its aura also strengthen Ahri's melee burst from Spirit Rush and Fox-Fire. With this in mind, a quick combo of Orb of Deception (first half) and Fox-Fire will be enough to put a hurt to your nearby opponent. on the other hand, is useful for mitigating magic damage from bursty AP champions like
- Both Ahri.
and are good boots for
- The former is useful when the enemy team has lots of sustain or when you need more CDR while the latter may come in handy if the enemy team has squishy carries who are going to build MR to counter you.
- Cooldown reduction is helpful on Ahri, due to her being a combo mage/assassin - having your abilities available more often not only increases her DPS in teamfights, but also her survivability with Spirit Rush.
- Keep in mind that once you have maxed it, Fox-Fire will deal massive damage to squishies. If they build magic resist, counter with a .
- Ahri's mobility even more, while offering more cooldown reduction and health. However do keep in mind that will not help you dash through any wall. boosts
is a great item to get early if you are doing well and roaming, but keep in mind that you will lose some of the early utility gained from a .
- Combining both Ahri. and will gain a massive amount of AP and kiting abilities to burst down carries or to deal with fighters/tanks. However, these 2 items are quite costly and do not provide any mana regen or CDR, which are also important to
- If the enemy team is stacking health to counter your true damage, Ahri a large chunk of extra health and percent health damage. As a bonus, features a nice piece of magic penetration. is an acceptable choice. Combined with , they will grant
- Ahri's burst, provided you can find a moment to land an autoattack. It also offers mana, movement speed, and cooldown reduction, which are all very useful stats for her. can add a surprising amount of damage to
- Ahri does not have a very high burst by herself, so avoiding her skill shot will cut her damage exponentially.
- Charm which is key for Ahri to maximize her damage. can provide protection against