|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Alistar was designed by Guinsoo.
- Alistar is voiced by Harlan Hogan.
- The word alistar in old English means "protector".
- The icon for Triumphant Roar is used to show the stun debuff for some abilities.
- Alistar is featured in the Summoner spell interface.
- In the U.R.F game mode (available in April 2014), Alistar was deemed overpowered/obnoxious, and was ultimately disabled in non-custom games.
- Alistar's quote "Mess with the bull and you get the horns!" may be a reference to the Breakfast Club. Said by principal Richard Vernon: Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns.  A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- Alistar shares a quote with Sejuani: "Stampede!".
- Black Alistar is one of the four Collector's Edition skins, the other skins with this distinction are Goth Annie, Silver Kayle and Human Ryze. It could only be obtained by pre-ordering the game.
- Matador Alistar is a tribute to the tale of , who would rather smell flowers than participate in bullfights.
- Longhorn Alistar may be a reference to the series .
- Golden Alistar, Assassin Master Yi, and White Mage Veigar are the only skins priced at 390 , making them the cheapest available skins (excluding sale prices and free/promotional skins).
- Golden Alistar may be a reference to the .
- In his Chinese artwork, Alistar has four fingers despite his model only having three. It also shows him having three knuckles (suggesting four fingers) in his classic, black and golden artwork. This mistake is corrected in the Matador Alistar, Unchained Alistar, Longhorn Alistar and Chinese Golden Alistar artworks.
- There was originally a bug that the Longhorn Alistar texture would all turn blue, this was however later fixed.
- Unchained Alistar skin is free and obtainable by visiting the Riotgamesinc channel on Youtube and then syncing with the appropriate LoL website. If you do not have the champion, Alistar will be given to you for free along with the said skin.
- Further instructions for attaining this skin can be reached here: Unchained Alistar Instructions.
- In early 2012, Alistar's Classic artwork was replaced by the Chinese Classic skin artwork, as well as those of Fiddlesticks, Galio, and Malzahar. These were the first in a long line of many champions to get new artworks on future patches.
- However, Alistar's Classic skin artwork is recolored a bit.
- Infernal Alistar shares the Infernal theme with Infernal Nasus.
- Both Alistar and Xin Zhao had been captured by Noxus and have participated in the Fleshing.
- When Renekton broke into the Institute of War, Alistar was one of the three defenders who attempted to stop Renekton from getting to his brother, Nasus.