Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Playing As Amumu
- Amumu is highly dependent on teammates, so try laning with your friends for maximum effectiveness.
- Cooldown Reduction on Amumu is very strong, but it's often difficult to itemize for it. Grab the Crest of Insight whenever possible to gain Cooldown Reduction without sacrificing stats.
- Despair is very effective against other tanks, so make sure you're in range of opponents with the highest Health.
- Playing Against Amumu
- Avoid bunching up with other allies when Amumu has his ultimate available.
- Erratic movement, or hiding behind creep waves can make it difficult for Amumu to instigate a fight with Bandage Toss.
- Amumu's Despair makes purchasing primarily Health items a risky proposition.
- Ability Usage
- Cursed Touch debuffs enemies from their magic resistance, giving more damage potential for his skills.
- Bandage Toss is Amumu's main initiative skill, with excellent aim he can latch to enemies for ganking or pass through walls whilst attaching to a champion or neutral monster.
- Despair can be used to clear minion waves or jungle camps.
- Despair has a stable mana cost and cooldown no matter the skill levels. The more mana capacity he has, the better.
- Tantrum might be a point blank hit but it can hit multiple targets beside Amumu.
- Curse of the Sad Mummy is the best peeling tool either when ganking or escaping a situation and teamfights, so use good positioning when engaging a full squad.
- Using the previously mentioned tactic, after the whole ensemble, Curse of the Sad Mummy can be added as a finisher or somewhere among the process to freeze targets with ease.
- Mastery Usage
- Amumu is a tank-ish loner who works proficiently in the jungle, attempting to find friends only to farm for levels and gank those who are in need of company. Therefore, he requires more resilience in battle with different choices through the three mastery trees.
- Consider more ability power with and .
- Increase defenses, especially for jungling with and .
- Amumu always needs a helping hand when ganking, therefore creates teamwork.
- Bandage Toss and Cursed Touch basic attack. works with both the stun from
- Cursed Touch provides a good deal of additional damage for early game. Come late game, and with good use of both his full ability rotation and Cursed Touch, this mastery makes Amumu a terrifying initiator capable of 100-0'ing most squishies, especially if he chooses to build AP and/or magic penetration. combined with
- Amumu's weakness to poke/siege by late game as he can sustain himself by being close to a large minion/jungle monster as it dies. is commonly seen on competitive jungle play. The additional health provided by the mastery allows a lot of flexibility in both items built and risks taken. It also solves
- Item Usage
- Amumu's skills become more potent with high ability power, yet his tankiness can let him stand in a fight long enough to finish off opponents. Fortify with armor and magic resistance items and ability power for offence.
- For boots, either use defence, or or swiftness with .
- For Smite uses, purchase as the Chilling smite helps slowing enemies. Complete with either and .
- Despair for extra damage over time. combines with
- Think defense items with
, and .
- works good even when stunned.
- Amumu can play well solo against all odds with high defenses, ability power and mana to consume.
- Ensure there is plenty of coverage near brushes or behind walls with wards or other vision techniques to avoid potential ganks.
- Bandage Toss can cause major trouble so be on the move to avoid it.
- Avoid standing too close to Amumu whilst Despair is active as it cuts health by the second. Peel him off or excel his speed to escape.
- In teamfights, Amumu will always aim the squishiest with Bandage Toss followed by Curse of the Sad Mummy and all other skills which can cause major damage to all victims.
- Try and build and magic resistance when facing him to ensure lesser stun and ability damage.
- In the jungle, Amumu can engage half attacked neutral monsters to finish them off so pull them away from the camp.