- Playing As Amumu
- Amumu is highly dependent on teammates, so try laning with your friends for maximum effectiveness.
- Cooldown Recution on Amumu is very strong, but it's often difficult to itemize for it. Grab the Sentinel buff whenever possible to gain Cooldown Reduction without sacrificing stats.
- Despair is very effective against other tanks, so make sure you're in range of opponents with the highest Health.
- Playing Against Amumu
- Avoid bunching up with other allies when Amumu has his ultimate available.
- Erratic movement, or hiding behind creep waves can make it difficult for Amumu to instigate a fight with Bandage Toss.
- Amumu's Despair makes purchasing primarily Health items a risky proposition.
- Ability Usage
- Mastery Usage
- Thunderlord's Decree combined with Cursed Touch provides a good deal of additional damage for early game. Come late game, and with good use of both his full ability rotation and Cursed Touch, this mastery makes Amumu a terrifying initiator capable of 100-0'ing most squishies, especially if he chooses to build AP and/or magic penetration.
- Strength of the Ages is commonly seen on competitive jungle play. The additional health provided by the mastery allows a lot of flexibility in both items built and risks taken. It also solves Amumu's weakness to poke/siege by late game as he can sustain himself by being close to a large minion/jungle monster as it dies.
- Item Usage