|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Amumu was designed by Ezreal.
- Amumu is voiced by Cristina Ulloa, Who also voices Annie and Nunu.
- His name is a pun on "A mummy".
- Amumu in his lore is portrayed ether as a undead human boy or yordle. It is purposely left ambiguous.
- As shown in "The Curse of the Sad Mummy", Amumu has traveled trough Shurima, Bilgewater and possibly the Kumungu jungles, The Glades and Voodoo Lands.
- The icon for Bandage Toss is a reference to from .
- Amumu was one of the champions available for the Ionian pool during the Ionia vs. Noxus match, and was one of the selected champions.
- Amumu is seen on a caution sign in the Mac Version of League of Legends preview video.
- Amumu is the third champion to have 7 skins.
- Amumu's dance is a reference to the television show here.
, in which the Gothic kids would dance by shuffling from side to side, and take a smoke from their cigarette every second time they turned. A side-by-side comparison can be viewed
- Both dances are, in turn, parodies of the classic "Peanut's Dance", which is the bizarre shuffling dance performed by the characters of the comic.
- When Amumu dies, his pose is that of an Egyptian mummy with the arms crossed right over left. Him having his arms crossed this way might mean he is from royal descent.
- Amumu's price range was lowered from 1350 to 450 in accordance with the release of his music video, Curse of the Sad Mummy.
- The Classic Amumu artwork is used by The Tribunal to indicate an error.
- The background posters are a parody of several well-known bands: "Death Cab for Corki" for , "Cho'Gath Eat World" for and "Anivinescence" for . The sad-face poster is a parody of Nirvana's symbol, which is a happy face.
- In the background of the Chinese Emumu skin, a ghost Tristana is playing a bass and a ghost Poppy is playing drums.
- Riot created a flash minigame called Cho'Gath Eats the World.
- He shares this theme with Annie.
- It is a reference to the .
- He shares this theme with Annie.
- It is a reference to from Arthurian legend, only instead of removing the sword from the stone, Amumu breaks it.
- The skin was an idea from the Riot staffer Nikasaur, her first skin idea, as revealed here
- In the Chinese artwork, Amumu is shown with the sword in one piece, and he wields it against Warwick. If you look closely behind him, you can see a passed out girl that bears a strong resemblance to Annie, one of his close friends.
- It might be a reference to of the novel: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It also bears a striking resemblance to Robot Jones off the show "Whatever Happenned To Robot Jones". It might also be a reference to , due to the outlet that he drags along
- The skin's laugh was bugged upon release and could be heard globally by both allies and enemies. This however has been fixed.
- The skin replaces the glyphs along the rim of Curse of the Sad Mummy with various sad face such as DX, T_T, Q_Q, :\, Ò_Ó, etc.
- This skin is a tribute to April Fools Day 2015.
- He shares this theme with Fiddlesticks.
- When using his ultimate skill, The area of effect shape will show a smiley or a sad face and a party horn can be heard with a high or low pitch, depending on whether enemy champions are caught on range.
- When recalling he will hang by a floating balloon that resembles Teemo.
- Amumu joined the League as a champion, which has given him the thing he desired: a home. With his present (un)life secured, he now hopes the friends he has made will help him discover his past.
- Amumu is a good friend of Annie.
- Regarding Amumu, Ezreal states, "Things are bad when Amumu is crying, but they're much worse when he's angry."
- During a contagion outbreak at the Institute of War, Amumu can be seen being administered a mandatory shot from Akali.
- Main Theme
|Amumu's Theme - "Curse of the Sad Mummy"|
|Every child in Valoran has heard the tale before,|
About the cursed mummy boy who felt his heart no more.
For many years, young Amumu traveled through the lands,
But then the curse began to whisper in his ear,
The sorrow and despair,
The moment when Amumu realized what he had done,
- Related Themes