|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Amumu was designed by Ezreal.
- Amumu is voiced by Cristina Ulloa, Who also voices Annie and Nunu.
- The icon for Bandage Toss is a reference to from .
- Amumu was one of the champions available for the Ionian pool during the Ionia vs. Noxus match, and was one of the selected champions.
- Amumu is seen on a caution sign in the Mac Version of League of Legends preview video.
- Amumu is the third champion to have 7 skins.
- Amumu's dance is a reference to the television show here.
, in which the Gothic kids would dance by shuffling from side to side, and take a smoke from their cigarette every second time they turned. A side-by-side comparison can be viewed
- Both dances are, in turn, parodies of the classic "Peanut's Dance", which is the bizarre shuffling dance performed by the characters of the comic.
- His name is a pun on "A mummy".
- When Amumu dies, his pose is that of an egiptian mummy with the arms crossed right over left. Him having his arms crossed this way might mean he is from royal descent.
- In his classic skin Amumu is creating a magical image of his parents , which look human, despite he is clearly a yordle.
- It could be that he's just replicating what "parents" might look like, as he has no memory of his own.
- In the Emumu skin, the background posters are a parody of several well-known bands: "Death Cab for Corki" for , "Cho'Gath Eat World" for and "Anivinescence" for . The sad-face poster is a parody of Nirvana's symbol, which is a happy face.
- The Classic Amumu artwork is used by The Tribunal to indicate an error.
- Vancouver Amumu is a reference to the .
- Almost-Prom King Amumu and Prom Queen Annie share a Prom skin theme.
- Little Knight Amumu is a reference to from Arthurian legend, only instead of removing the sword from the stone, Amumu breaks it.
- The skin was an idea from the Riot staffer Nikasaur, her first skin idea, as revealed here
- In the Chinese artwork, Amumu is shown with the sword in one piece, and he wields it against Warwick. If you look closely behind him, you can see a passed out girl that bears a strong resemblance to Annie, one of his close friends.
- Sad Robot Amumu might be a reference to of the novel: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It also bears a striking resemblence to Robot Jones off the show "Whatever Happenned To Robot Jones". It might also be a reference to , due to the outlet that he drags along
- Amumu joined the League as a champion, which has given him the thing he desired: a home. With his present (un)life secured, he now hopes the friends he has made will help him discover his past.
- Amumu is a good friend of Annie.
- Regarding Amumu, Ezreal states, "Things are bad when Amumu is crying, but they're much worse when he's angry."
- During a contagion outbreak at the Institute of War, Amumu can be seen being administered a mandatory shot from Akali.