|Champion||Ability Details||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Amumu was designed by Ezreal.
- Amumu is voiced by Cristina Ulloa, Who also voices Annie and Nunu.
- The icon for Bandage Toss is a reference to Spiderman from Marvel Comics.
- Amumu was one of the champions available for the Ionian pool during the Ionia vs. Noxus match, and was one of the selected champions.
- Amumu is the third champion to have 7 skins.
- Amumu's dance is a reference to the television show South Park, in which the Gothic kids would dance by shuffling from side to side, and take a smoke from their cigarette every second time they turned. A side-by-side comparison can be viewed here.
- Both dances are, in turn, parodies of the classic "Peanut's Dance", which is the bizarre shuffling dance performed by the characters of the Peanuts comic.
- His name is a pun on "A mummy".
- In his classic skin Amumu is creating a magical image of his parents , which look human, despite he is clearly a yordle.
- It could be that he's just replicating what "parents" might look like, as he has no memory of his own.
- In the Emumu skin, the background posters are a parody of several well-known bands: "Death Cab for Corki" for Death Cab for Cutie, "Cho'Gath Eat World" for Jimmy Eat World and "Anivinescence" for Evanescence. The sad-face poster is a parody of Nirvana's symbol, which is a happy face.
- The Classic Amumu artwork is used by The Tribunal to indicate an error.
- Vancouver Amumu is a reference to the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games.
- Almost-Prom King Amumu and Prom Queen Annie share a Prom skin theme.
- Little Knight Amumu is a reference to The Sword in the Stone from Arthurian legend, only instead of removing the sword from the stone, Amumu breaks it.
- The skin was an idea from the Riot staffer Nikasaur, her first skin idea, as revealed here
- In the Chinese artwork, Amumu is shown with the sword in one piece, and he wields it against Warwick. If you look closely behind him, you can see a passed out girl that bears a strong resemblance to Annie, one of his close friends.
- Sad Robot Amumu might be a reference to Marvin the Paranoid Android of the novel: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It also bears a striking resemblence to Robot Jones off the show "Whatever Happenned To Robot Jones". It might also be a reference to Chibi Robo, due to the outlet that he drags along
- Amumu joined the League as a champion, which has given him the thing he desired: a home. With his present (un)life secured, he now hopes the friends he has made will help him discover his past.
- Amumu is a good friend of Annie.
- Regarding Amumu, Ezreal states, "Things are bad when Amumu is crying, but they're much worse when he's angry."
- During a contagion outbreak at the Institute of War, Amumu can be seen being administered a mandatory shot from Akali.