|This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.|
|Gold: 72 (+0.332 per minute after spawn)||Experience: 231 (+2.5 per minute after spawn)|
|Health||1372 (+90 per minute after spawn)|
|Attack damage||65 (+1.825 per minute after spawn)|
|Critical strike chance||0%|
|Initial spawn time||1:55|
The Ancient Golem is a neutral monster in League of Legends described in game as "A tough monster that attacks with slow but punishing blows. Slaying this foe greatly increases mana regeneration and reduces cooldowns." It only appears on Summoner's Rift, where it spawns with two Young Lizards .
Imbued by the power of the Nexus, the planet itself rises up to bring forth a protector of its lands. The Stone Golems roam the forests of Summoner's Rift, imbued with the strength of the Nexus and acting against any who disturb the peaceful wake of this isolated battleground.
- Clearing the Ancient Golem camp at level 1 will grant a level up.
- Many jungling paths kill the Golem first due to the large boost in overall speed it gives.
- Shaco can kill the Golem without Smite by placing many Jack in the Boxes and whittling down the remaining health. This gives a very large boost during the laning phase, and so it is often a good idea to grab it. However, it's not such a good idea since your jungler will probably need it.
- A dedicated Jungle Shaco can kill the Golem at level 1 without hitting it, so long as he has four Jack in the Boxes and at least 15 AP at level 1 (from runes/masteries). This allows a jungling Shaco to acquire both buffs very early in the game, since he can leave the blue buff to gank, or take his/his enemy's red.
- Starting at the Golem is not recommended for new junglers, or junglers that lack runes. It has very high health and good damage. Asking for leashing assistance(3-4 hits and walking away) can prove helpful in such a case.
- Ganking at the Golem is common in mid-level or higher play if only the jungler is present. It's recommended to wait until the enemy team has arrived in their lane, or start somewhere else if you're unsure.
- Controlling the Golem buffs can give your team an advantage in the match. Most junglers will attempt to control not only their own but also the opposing team's golem buff.
- The golem spawn is indicated by a gold marker on the minimap. If your team has vision when or after the golem is killed, the marker will reappear when the camp respawns.
- The golem respawns despite the buff still being around, so there can be more than two buffs around. The same applies for the Lizard.
- The golem buff's duration resets upon transfer to a new champion.
- The golem does not respawn if the little lizards are not killed. Use this knowledge to your advantage when determining whether or not to kill the little lizards in the enemy jungle.