Roon is from New Zealand, where he worked as a transportation engineer before joining Riot in August 2011 at 31 years old.  He had initially entered as an associate designer, and was later promoted to the position of Lead Champion Designer. He later became the Lead Gameplay Designer, working with the four teams who focus on game balance, new champions, champion updates and game systems. Roon was eventually promoted to the position of Design Director after the Greg 'Ghostcrawler' Street had moved off of League of Legends and became the Head of Creative Development at Riot Games Inc.
- Champion Design
- David 'Volty' Abecassis)  (partly with
- Steven 'Coronach' DeRose) (Partly with
- August 'jinxylord' Browning)  (Partly with
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Zileas on Meddler
- ↑ Riot hires Meddler
- ↑ What's your age?
- ↑ INTRO Andrei “Meddler” van Roon - Lead Gameplay Designer
- ↑ Ghostcrawler Lane Swap / Queue Dodge / Whatever
- ↑ Meddler confirms designing Ziggs
- ↑ Meddler discussing Varus' design
- ↑ I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA
- ↑ Morello confirms Meddler designed Lissandra
- ↑ Promo for new champion? Gnar