|"Listen close- urgh, I have important- urgh! This is why I can't take you nice places!"
In V4.20, the base statistics of all champions changed. Please be wary that the information displayed below may be out-dated.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Annie's strength as a mage comes from her decent laning phase from Disintegrate allowing her to farm without mana problems, and her exceptional AoE damage potential from Incinerate and Summon: Tibbers. Her Pyromania allows her to lock up multiple targets in an area for a decent duration with her Molten Shield giving her a convenient way to charge it and a slight defensive boost.
- During the laning phase, try to find a good balance between storing your stun for use and continuing to use your spells to maintain a strong farming game.
- A good tactic at the start of a game is to use Incinerate 4 times to get a stun ready before you leave the fountain. This can help turn the tide of an enemy invade or supplement a team one to get you first blood.
- Sometimes it is smarter to approach an enemy with 3 Pyromania charges instead of 4 to appear vulnerable. You can then quickly charge the stun with Molten Shield. It can also allow you to break with a weaker spell before using a spell (especially Summon: Tibbers) that stuns them.
- This can also be an effective strategy to lure enemies into a false sense of security.
- During the laning phase, use Disintegrate to last hit minions since it refunds its mana cost and halves its cooldown when it kills a unit. Use this to quickly stack Pyromania.
- Disintegrate can be used once Pyromania is available to lock down a single target, as it is a targeted ability, saving more powerful abilities for follow up.
- While Incinerate can take down groups of low health minions early game, positioning the cone so that it also routinely damages the enemy champion can be very useful. Dropping their health like this can be followed up with a big Summon: Tibbers+ Pyromania burst for the kill.
- Don't rely on Molten Shield to keep you alive. Its damage isn't great for countering AD carries with life steal, and early game its defensive properties are minimal at best. It is mainly used to charge up a stun.
- When you have 3 Pyromania charges you can cast Molten Shield while Disintegrate is in mid-flight to prime the stun and land it when your Q hits.
- Annie's Summon: Tibbers can be controlled, like most pet units, by holding Alt or activating the ability again before moving.
- Summon: Tibbers or Incinerate used in combination with Pyromania results in Annie having an AoE stun effect.
- Disintegrate can quickly build up mana in items like or .
- is a great item for Annie, as the health and area of effect slow allows Tibbers' AoE damage aura to constantly apply the slow debuff, making Tibbers excellent for chasing and kiting.
- works well for Annie in particular because of her high ratios.
- is a good option for Annie when the enemy team has lots of magic damage. It provides magic resistance, but still contributes to her burst potential with AP and a magic resistance reduction aura and since none of her abilities exceed the 700 range, she can capitalize the aura to its full potential.
- can be an excellent choice for Annie given her potential to kill targets in a single rotation. The 20% increased Magic Damage from the "Doom" debuff can help Summon: Tibbers's aura and benefit other teammates that deal primarily Magic Damage. The cooldown reduction is a nice bonus as well.
- As Annie's ranges are very short compared to other mages, can be an excellent choice for roaming to other lanes or closing the distance on key targets.
- can be a good choice in giving Annie a bit of extra durability to accommodate her abilities forcing her to be relatively close.
- and its build paths, and can be viable options for providing a slight increase in mobility and an extra burst on autos or chasing potential respectively.
- can supplement the Flash and Summon: Tibbers initiation combo that Annie is feared for by decreasing the cooldown on the spell and providing a small boost in mobility.
- All of Annie's spells deal magic damage, therefore any form of magic resistance will mitigate her damage significantly.
- offers a spell shield to negate 1 spell from Annie. Its magic resistance and health will help tremendously in surviving Annie's burst, while possibly blocking Annie's initiation.
- is a cheaper alternative that allows you to cleanse her stun specifically instead of just one ability; however, it does not prevent the damage.
- Do not underestimate the damaging aura from Annie's Summon: Tibbers. The longer the fight lasts, the more damage you will take from it.
- Avoid focusing her Tibbers when attacking Annie. Tibbers has a lot of health and damage, and killing Annie kills Tibbers as well. Focusing Tibbers allows Annie to finish you off with her spells if she is ignored.
- Alternatively, use ranged attacks and abilities to kill Tibbers while keeping out of range of Annie's spells, the advantage to this being that Tibbers will most likely be easier to kill.
- Tibbers is considered a minion therefore Smite and champion abilities that work on minions and monsters only (such as Syndra's Force of Will Nunu's Consume), will work on him as well.
- At lower levels, a Cho'Gath that uses Smite and Feast can kill Tibbers immediately, and gain a stack of health.
- Be alert for the visual effect that appears when the stun from Pyromania is ready.
- Molten Shield acts similarly to . Be careful when engaging her if you are using a champion that relies on auto-attacks.
- Despite Annie long basic attack range, a powerful stun, and her powerful burst in spells, Annie's spells are short-ranged. As such, popular long range mages such as Lux, Morgana, Ziggs, and Xerath can easily zone Annie out and prevent her from using her spells effectively.