+60 ability power
+50% base mana regen
Unique Passive – Insight: Gain ability power equal to 3% of your maximum mana.
Magic > Ability Power|
Magic > Mana
Magic > Mana Regen
|Item cost||2700g (1120g)|
- 250 mana = 500g
- 60 + 7.5 ability power = 1468g
- 50% base mana regeneration = 360g
- Total Gold Value = 2328g
Total Gold Value (Fully Stacked) = 4318g
- The base stats are gold efficient.
- The item is 100% gold efficient when the champion has 285 mana from base stats and other Items/Runes/Masteries. The item is gold efficient when fully stacked.
- automatically transforms into when the Mana Charge passive reaches 750 bonus mana.
- ability power scaling champions. These two items together can effectively eliminate any champion's mana problems and the early and are useful in lane for not only the mana regen but also the healing sustain and increased mana pool. The only downside to this build is / as well as take considerable time to stack.
is commonly paired with for many
- Keep in mind that isn't the only mana item that synergizes with . , , and can all replace or be added to depending on one's champion and one's team's needs, for more burst and or for each's own armor and utility.
- By building a full set of items giving mana, (fully stacked , maxed , , and ) you will acquire total bonus 3150 mana, which will grant total 94.5 bonus ability power, not counting for champion's base mana rating and other stats given by those items indefinitely.
- has great synergy with a , as it increases ability power by 30%. This means that whenever your mana is increased, the will increase your ability power, and then the will increase it again due to the 30% ability power passive.
- To gain more AP from the than a single (which gives 156 ability power if alone) a champion would need more than 3200 mana. However, a champion would only need 2000 mana for the to provide more ability power than a second .
- An early upgrade is comparable to buying a ; the latter is somewhat more expensive (1980 as opposed to 1600) but you will usually gain slightly more ability power with , more mana regen and faster maximum mana building.
- With the passive of this item, each 100 gold spent on mana at base efficiency will grant additional ability power worth 32.625 gold.
- Note that most champions have around 800-1000 base mana at level 18.
- Not counting manaless champions, Vayne and Ashe have 208 mana at level one, the lowest in the game, which combined with the staff's own 250 mana already equals 458. Taking into account the time (and therefore level) it takes to get the gold to buy it, it is practically impossible for this item to be gold inefficient.
- 67.5 ability power at zero stacks. It gives as much ability power per gold as a at 2500 mana. grants 1 ability power per ~33 mana, giving a total of
- The bonus mana does not stack with multiple , or . However, once an upgrades into , the mana counter resets back to 0 and you can start charging another or . The 1000 bonus mana from the upgrade will remain.
- Assuming a charge is gained every 4 seconds, the 750 mana Unique Passive takes 6 minutes and 16 seconds to max. (The
takes 12 minutes and 32 seconds).
- There is a 3 charge banking system to help burst casters.
- Rammus's Powerball adds one stack upon cast and another stack if ended early without a collision. Similarly, Janna's Howling Gale adds one stack upon activation, and a second if activated early.
- Singed's Poison Trail adds one stack whenever the ability's toggle is active and the Tear/Archangel's Staff stack is not cooling down (i.e. continuously).
- Manaless champions may charge the , and to get and . However, they won't get any bonuses of Awe and toggle, as well as 's Insight and Mana Shield.
- This and Viktor's Perfect Hex Core are the only items that can give more than +163.8 AP to a champion who already has Rabadon's Deathcap and 3/3 Archmage.