With the Freljord event coming to a close, this edition of the Champion Spotlight focuses on one of the leaders of the three tribes. Take aim withand your enemies into frigid oblivion as , the Frost Archer.
With her full suite of crowd-control and utility, Ashe has the ability to harass in lane and deliver high-impact damage complemented by one of the strongestin the game. Ashe demonstrates natural kiting power with , while provides efficient wave clear and 's active effect allows her to spot a sneaky gank attempt. Use to start a fight, or pick off an opponent with a cross-map snipe to end one.
Check out the video for tips, tricks, and sample runes and masteries for Ashe, an ADC with a chilly disposition.
- Playing As
- Ashe doesn't have any offensive power to succeed independently, so make sure to stick with the team when they start to group up.
- Ashe's kiting ability is her only defense, so be wary of invasions and sudden signs of engagement.
- It's best to focus on one target since becomes very powerful when accumulated.
- Playing Against
- Ashe has very few defensive options, so she's an easy target to attack.
- Ashe has unparalleled kiting ability with ; a fast approach will prevent you from getting .
- Since relies on autoattacks for most of her damage output, tanks who can build a should itemize for it if possible.
- is deadly if you get caught in it, but it is quite easy to avoid. Walking in a straight path makes you easier to target, instead, make erratic movement patterns to make it harder for her to predict where you'll go.
- Be wary of skirmishing when you cannot account for a surprise .
- Playing With
- Ashe's secondary role is support, bringing her along while you're taking objectives will greatly reinforce your advances.
- Protecting Ashe during a fight will enable her to lock down oppressive enemies and lay down some zone control.
is a team-oriented marksman that thrives in asserting control over a fight with her full suite of crowd-control and utility. Where she lacks in dueling power, she excels in kiting her enemies and initiating for her team with . Since she lacks durability or mobility, positioning is key to applying pressure; which comes slowly but surely.
- Ashe is a great champion to learn how to kite and stutter step since it serves as a very important technique to play into her strengths and weaknesses.
makes last hitting easier. Since autoattacks against enemies who are affected by her passive's slow deal bonus damage, it's much easier to land killing blows on minions.
- Try attacking once when the minion is about less than half health, and once immediately after.
- is a great kiting ability, since it applies very quickly.
- can be used to push turrets quickly. This is even more deadly if there are minions around to help build up stacks of .
- is the safest and most reliable way to spread to multiple targets.
- can be used as a sort of autoattack reset. Firing it immediately after a basic attack will allow to fire off another attack faster than if she were to wait between attacks.
is a scouting tool that is much safer to use than wards, given that it has a global range and holds charges. It can be used to scout unsafe territory without having to overextend.
- reveals units in brush. If a team fight is occurring in the jungle it can give you a significant advantage.
- Cooldown reduction does not lower the time between casts, but it does affect the recharge time.
- Be conservative of charges during the early levels, it's best used when you need vision where you otherwise aren't present.
- is a global stun that can be used to save allies or yourself from a long distance, initiate teamfights, or execute enemy champions (although the damage is not very good).
- When you are about to use , try to guess where your target will go and aim there, instead of aiming directly over where they are standing. Doing so increases the chances of landing a hit.
- The closer you are to the enemy, the less effective is.
focuses on frequent basic attacks, the tree provides the greatest supplement to her playstyle.
- will fully benefit Ashe as a supportive fighter and an attack speed lover.
- Allows Ashe to stack quickly upon targeting a champion if she goes on the offensive.
- procs very frequently within Ashe's kiting ability, and helps her survive a fight simultaneously.
- Since Attack Damage, Attack Speed, and Critical Strike Chance (which interacts with her passive).
is a marksman, she benefits greatly from stacking
- Critical Strike Chance buffs damage against targets affected by . It's not as spontaneous as a crit, but the extra damage is guaranteed.
- Your starting item should either for early game durability, or for early gold advantage.
- Boots of choice for is almost always , as it grants a good amount of attack speed.
- is a core build because it not only increases attack damage, but it also buffs the bonus damage against targets affected by .
- is good for pushing down turrets faster, while is good for applying to mulptiple enemies at once.
- Depending on the enemy team's composition, can either build or . is more useful against teams with tanks that stack a lot of health; if not, then works just as well.
works well because of the high amount of lifesteal and the shield passive.
- is the alternative to this for the damage reduction, cooldown reduction, and bleed effect.
- Champions that can get the jump on her such as or can easily capitalize on her lack of defenses.
- Champions with oppressive poke such as and force Ashe out of combat.