With the Freljord event coming to a close, this edition of the Champion Spotlight focuses on one of the leaders of the three tribes. Take aim withand your enemies into frigid oblivion as , the Frost Archer.
With her full suite of crowd-control and utility, Ashe has the ability to harass in lane and deliver high-impact damage complemented by one of the strongestin the game. Ashe demonstrates natural kiting power with , while provides efficient wave clear and 's active effect allows her to spot a sneaky gank attempt. Use to start a fight, or pick off an opponent with a cross-map snipe to end one.
Check out the video for tips, tricks, and sample runes and masteries for Ashe, an ADC with a chilly disposition.
- Playing As
- Try to fire in the same direction enemies are moving, so it is more likely to hit.
- arrows are blocked by the first enemy they hit, so keep your distance to avoid having them all absorbed by enemy frontliners.
- reveals units in brush. If a team fight is occurring in the jungle it can give you a significant advantage.
- Playing Against
- Ashe has very few defensive options, and she's a good target to gank.
- Be wary of moving around the map alone if Ashe has not recently cast her .
- Ability Usage
- is good for sticking to enemies who try to get away. Autoattacking and using abilities refreshes the debuff.
makes last hitting easier. Since autoattacks against enemies who are affected by her passive's slow deal bonus damage, it's much easier to land killing blows on minions.
- Try autoattacking once when the minion is about less than half health, and once immediately after.
- is a great ability to keep enemies from getting away. The bonus attack speed and flurry of autoattacks quickly and continuously refreshes , making sticking to targets much easier.
can be used to push turrets quickly. This is even more deadly if there are minions around to help build up stacks of .
- Attacking turrets does not generate stacks, so will need to rely on nearby enemy minions for her to be able to cast nonstop.
- is the safest and most reliable way to spread to multiple targets.
- can be used as a sort of autoattack reset. Firing it immediately after a basic attack will allow to fire off another attack faster than if she were to wait between attacks.
is a scouting tool that is much safer to use than wards, given that it has a global range and holds charges. It can be used to scout brush and the fog of war without having to overextend.
- Cooldown reduction does not lower the time between casts, but it does affect the recharge time.
- Be conservative of charges during the early levels.
is a global stun that can be used to save allies or yourself from a long distance, initiate teamfights, or execute enemy champions (although the damage is not very good). It is quite difficult to aim, however. The arrow also does not gain speed as it travels, unlike
- When you are about to use , try to guess where your target will go and aim there, instead of aiming directly over where they are standing. Doing so increases the chances of landing a hit.
- The closer you are to the enemy, the less effective is.
- Mastery Usage
- works well on for the extra lifesteal, especially at low health. It also allows her to stay in lane and rely less on s.
- is good if is able to consistently attack enemy champions.
- requires to continuously autoattack enemy champions in order to gain the most bonus physical damage out of it.
- Item Usage
is a marksman, she benefits greatly from stacking attack damage, attack speed, and critical strike chance.
- Building critical strike chance will not give autoattacks a chance to crit. Instead, they buff her damage against targets affected by .
- Your starting item should either be a
or a .
- is for early game durability, while is for early gold advantage.
- Boots of choice for is almost always , as it grants a good amount of attack speed.
- is a core build because it not only increases attack damage, but it also buffs the bonus damage against targets affected by .
- is good for pushing down turrets faster, while is good for applying to mulptiple enemies at once.
- Depending on the enemy team's composition, can either build or . is more useful against teams with tanks that stack a lot of health; if not, then works just as well.
works well because of the high amount of lifesteal and the shield passive.
- is the alternative to this for the damage reduction, cooldown reduction, and bleed effect.
- Defensive items include for the cleanse active, for the protection against enemy abilities, and for the revive.
- is a very squishy champion with very little mobility. Focus her down as quickly as possible.
- is very dangerous, especially since the slow scales into the late game. Try as much as possible to avoid being hit by any of autoattacks or abilities.
- is a very strong pushing tool, and if is left unattended, she can take down turrets with almost no problems. However, using this ability requires her to stand still, similar to when he uses . Catch her as soon as possible and kill her before she can push.
- There are spaces between the arrows. If it is not possible for you to escape the arrows, try to hide behind minions or duck into those spaces.
- is deadly if you get caught in it, but it is quite easy to avoid. Do not walk in a straight path, as it gives a much easier time to land it. Instead, make erratic movement patterns to make it harder for her to predict where you'll go.
- Since relies on autoattacks for most of her damage output, tanks who can build a should itemize for it if possible.