Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
With the Freljord event coming to a close, this edition of the Champion Spotlight focuses on one of the leaders of the three tribes. Take aim with a giant frozen arrow and Focus your enemies into frigid oblivion as Ashe, the Frost Archer.
With her full suite of crowd-control and utility, Ashe has the ability to harass in lane and deliver high-impact damage complemented by one of the strongest initiates in the game. Ashe demonstrates natural kiting power with Frost Shot, while Volley provides efficient wave clear and Hawkshot's active effect allows her to spot a sneaky gank attempt. Use Enchanted Crystal Arrow to start a fight, or pick off an opponent with a cross-map snipe to end one.
Check out the video for tips, tricks, and sample runes and masteries for Ashe, an ADC with a chilly disposition.
- Playing As Ashe
- Try to fire Enchanted Crystal Arrow in the same direction enemies are moving, so it is more likely to hit.
- Volley arrows are blocked by the first enemy they hit, so keep your distance to avoid having them all absorbed by enemy frontliners.
- Hawkshot reveals units in brush. If a team fight is occurring in the jungle it can give you a significant advantage.
- Playing Against Ashe
- Ashe has very few defensive options, and she's a good target to gank.
- Be wary of moving around the map alone if Ashe has not recently cast her Enchanted Crystal Arrow.
- Ability Usage
- Frost Shot is good for sticking to enemies who try to get away. Autoattacking and using abilities refreshes the debuff.
- Frost Shot makes last hitting easier. Since Ashe's autoattacks against enemies who are affected by her passive's slow deal bonus damage, it's much easier to land killing blows on minions.
- Try autoattacking once when the minion is about less than half health, and once immediately after.
- Ranger's Focus is a great ability to keep enemies from getting away. The bonus attack speed and flurry of autoattacks quickly and continuously refreshes Frost, making sticking to targets much easier.
- Ranger's Focus can be used to push turrets quickly. This is even more deadly if there are minions around to help Ashe build up stacks of Focus.
- Volley is the safest and most reliable way to spread Frost to multiple targets.
- Volley can be used as a sort of autoattack reset. Firing it immediately after a basic attack will allow Ashe to fire off another attack faster than if she were to wait between attacks.
- Hawkshot is a scouting tool that is much safer to use than wards, given that it has a global range and holds charges. It can be used to scout brush and the fog of war without having to overextend.
- Cooldown reduction does not lower the time between Hawkshot casts, but it does affect the recharge time.
- Be conservative of charges during the early levels.
- Enchanted Crystal Arrow is a global stun that can be used to save allies or yourself from a long distance, initiate teamfights, or execute enemy champions (although the damage is not very good). It is quite difficult to aim, however. The arrow also does not gain speed as it travels, unlike Super Mega Death Rocket!
- Mastery Usage
- Ashe for the extra lifesteal, especially at low health. It also allows her to stay in lane and rely less on s. works well on
- Ashe is able to consistently attack enemy champions. is good if
- Ashe to continuously autoattack enemy champions in order to gain the most bonus physical damage out of it. requires
- Item Usage
- Since Ashe is a marksman, she benefits greatly from stacking attack damage, attack speed, and critical strike chance.
- Your starting item should either be a
or a .
- is for early game durability, while is for early gold advantage.
- Boots of choice for Ashe is almost always , as it grants a good amount of attack speed.
- Ashe's attack damage, but it also buffs the bonus damage against targets affected by Frost. is a core build because it not only increases
- Frost Shot to mulptiple enemies at once. is good for pushing down turrets faster, while is good for applying
- Depending on the enemy team's composition, Ashe can either build or . is more useful against teams with tanks that stack a lot of health; if not, then works just as well.
works well because of the high amount of lifesteal and the shield passive.
- is the alternative to this for the damage reduction, cooldown reduction, and bleed effect.
- Defensive items include for the cleanse active, for the protection against enemy abilities, and for the revive.
- Ashe is a very squishy champion with very little mobility. Focus her down as quickly as possible.
- Frost Shot is very dangerous, especially since the slow scales into the late game. Try as much as possible to avoid being hit by any of Ashe's autoattacks or abilities.
- Ranger's Focus is a very strong pushing tool, and if Ashe is left unattended, she can take down turrets with almost no problems. However, using this ability requires her to stand still, similar to Kog'Maw when he uses Bio-Arcane Barrage. Catch her as soon as possible and kill her before she can push.
- There are spaces between the Volley arrows. If it is not possible for you to escape the arrows, try to hide behind minions or duck into those spaces.
- Enchanted Crystal Arrow is deadly if you get caught in it, but it is quite easy to avoid. Do not walk in a straight path, as it gives Ashe a much easier time to land it. Instead, make erratic movement patterns to make it harder for her to predict where you'll go.
- Since Ashe relies on autoattacks for most of her damage output, tanks who can build a should itemize for it if possible.