An assist is the action of helping an allied champion kill someone. You can either score an assist by hitting (without killing) the champion in the last 10 seconds before their death, or by contributing passively during this period of time.
- Champions also gain assists on kills if they:
- Applied any type of crowd control, except Blind, Reveal, or attack speed slow, whether or not it damaged the enemy champion.
- Debuffed an enemy, even if that enemy was immune to the damage.
- Supporting a champion that contributed to the kill (e.g. healing, shielding or buffing an allied champion).
- Hit an enemy champion with , or .
- Champions will not gain assists if they:
Triggering effects with assists
- Champion abilities, items and runes that trigger an effect with an assist can be seen on the takedown page.