An Assist is the action of helping an allied champion kill someone. You can either score an assist by hitting the champion in the last 10 seconds before their death, or by contributing passively during this period of time.
Scoring an assist will grant a certain amount of gold. Gold equal to 50% of the amount the killer receives is put in a pot which is split equally among all champions who scored an assist. This percentage (50%) applies before 20 minutes and then linearly increase up to 80% at 35 minutes.
If players have 2 more assists than kills they earn 30 additional gold per assist. Additional assists increase this bonus by 15 Gold, capping at 60 gold. This gold cannot be more than the original value of the kill.
Secondary system Edit
Champions also gain assists on kills if they:
- contributed to the battle via active abilities but did not deal damage e.g. CC
- debuffed an enemy but they were immune to the damage.
- supporting a champion that contributed to the kill , e.g. healing an allied champion.
Champions will not gain assists if they:
- use blind, reveal or attack speed slow
Items benefiting from assists Edit
- - Restores 12% of your max mana on kill or assist. 2800 Gold.
- Unique passive - Your champion gains +5 damage per stack, receiving 2 stacks for a kill or 1 stack for an assist. This effect can stack 20 times; you lose a third of your stacks if you die. At 20 stacks, your champion's movement speed is increased 15%. 1369 Gold.
- Unique passive - Your champion gains 8 ability power per stack, receiving 2 stacks for a kill or 1 stack for an assist. This effect can stack 20 times; you lose a third of your stacks if you die. At 20 stacks, your champion's cooldowns are reduced by 15%. 1235 Gold.
- Unique Passive - Rengar collects trophies when killing Champions, and gains bonus effects based on how many trophies he has. Kills and assists grant 1 trophy, and 1 trophy is lost on death.
- 3 Trophies: +10 armor penetration
+5% cooldown reduction
- 6 Trophies: +25 movement speed
- 9 Trophies: Rengar's leap gains 150 bonus range.
- 14 Trophies: Thrill of the Hunt's duration is increased by 3 seconds. Additionally, Rengar's next ability used after activating Thrill of the Hunt generates 1 bonus Ferocity. 800 Gold.
- 3 Trophies: +10 armor penetration
Skills benefiting from assists Edit
- Akali's Shadow Dance (Active): Akali moves through the shadows to quickly strike her target and deal magic damage. Akali gains an Essence of Shadow once every few seconds up to a total of 3, affected by cooldown reduction. The time to gain a charge doesn't count when at maximum charges. Additionally, Akali gains an Essence of Shadow for a kill or an assist.
- Katarina's Voracity (Innate): After a kill or an assist, Katarina's cooldowns on all her abilities are reduced by 15 seconds.
- Kha'Zix's Evolved Leap (Active): Kha'Zix leaps to an area, dealing physical damage to enemies in the area. Kills and assists refreshes Leap's cooldown.
- Master Yi's Highlander (Active): For 10 seconds, Master Yi gains increased movement speed and attack speed, and becomes immune to movement speed slows. While active, champion kills and assists extend the duration of Highlander by 4 seconds. Champion kills and assists reduce the remaining cooldown of Master Yi's other abilities by 70%.
- Tristana's Rocket Jump (Active): Tristana fires at the ground to propel herself to a target location, dealing magic damage and slowing surrounding units by 60% for 2.5 seconds when she lands. On kills or assists, Rocket Jump's cooldown resets.
- Fiora's Burst of Speed (Active): Fiora gains additional attack speed for 3 seconds. Each autoattack or Lunge she lands during this time increases her movement speed for 3 seconds, stacking up to 3 times. Killing a champion refreshes the cooldown on Burst of Speed. Assists reduce the cooldown by half of the base amount.
- Varus's Living Vengeance (Innate): On champion kill or assist, Varus gains 40% attack speed for 6 seconds. On minion kill, Varus gains 20% attack speed for 3 seconds.