Banshee's Veil is a legendary item in League of Legends.
+45 magic resistance
|Passive||Unique: Grants a spell shield that blocks the next enemy ability. This shield refreshes after no damage is taken from enemy champions for 25 seconds.|
Defense > Health|
Defense > Magic Resist
Magic > Mana
|Item cost||2520g (600g)|
Cost Analysis Edit
- is a strong item against magic damage but is most valued for its ability to prevent crowd control. As such it is highly recommended to build when you are being focused by crowd control effects, or when the enemy has initiation or pulling abilities like Enchanted Crystal Arrow and Rocket Grab. Combined with , will make you very resilient to both magic and physical damage.
- At late game, is a great addition for AD carries because it can block important crowd control abilities (e.g. Impale, Bandage Toss, Rocket Grab), or in other words, it can prevent the enemy from initiating on you.
- In most cases, when enemy team doesn't have important crowd control abilities, should be substituted by .
- If is up and you activate Spell Shield or Shroud of Darkness, both shields will pop when hit by an ability. This is intended.
- passive will prevent Nocturne's Paranoia or Twisted Fate's Destiny regardless of location. Only the vision component of these spells get blocked.
- can negate effects from active items such as and .
- does not negate summoner spells Ignite and Exhaust.
- will not block damage from persistent AoE spells such as: Anivia's Glacial Storm or Nasus's Spirit Fire.
- will not block passive damage over time effects from abilities such as Brand's Blaze or Gangplank's Grog Soaked Blade.
- passive carries over to clones, like Shaco's Hallucinate or Mordekaiser's Children of the Grave.
- Dominion counterpart is .