+55 magic resistance
|Passive||health regen for up to 10 seconds after taking damage from an enemy champion or when the spell shield breaks.|
Defense > Health|
Defense > Magic Resist
|Item cost||2750g (950g)|
2750 gold (950 gold)
- 45 health regeneration = 1620g
Complete Combined Gold Value: 3920g
- is gold efficient when its healing buff is active. Otherwise, the spell shield must have at least a value of 450g.
- is a strong item against magic damage but is most valued for its ability to prevent crowd control or counter poke damage. As such it is highly recommended to build when you are being focused by crowd control effects, or when the enemy has initiation or pulling abilities like Enchanted Crystal Arrow and Rocket Grab. Combined with , will make you very resilient to both magic and physical damage.
- During the late game, Banshee's Veil is a great addition for AD carries because it can block important crowd control abilities (e.g. Impale, Bandage Toss, Rocket Grab), or in other words, it can prevent the enemy from initiating on you.
- If Banshee's Veil is up and you activate Spell Shield or Shroud of Darkness, both shields will pop when hit by an ability. This is intended.
- Banshee's Veil's passive will block the vision-based components of Nocturne's Paranoia or Twisted Fate's Destiny.
- Banshee's Veil can negate effects from active items such as and .
- Banshee's Veil does not negate summoner spells Ignite and Exhaust.
- Banshee's Veil will not block damage from persistent AoE spells such as: Anivia's Glacial Storm or Nasus's Spirit Fire.
- Banshee's Veil will not block passive damage over time effects from abilities such as Brand's Blaze or Gangplank's Grog Soaked Blade.
- Banshee's Veil's passive carries over to clones, like Shaco's Hallucinate or Mordekaiser's Children of the Grave.
- Banshee's Veil's Dominion counterpart is .
- Some of Baron Nashor's abilities will pop the shield.