- magic damage but is most valued for its ability to prevent crowd control or counter poke damage. As such it is highly recommended to build when you are being focused by crowd control effects, or when the enemy has initiation or pulling abilities like Enchanted Crystal Arrow and Rocket Grab. Combined with , will make you very resilient to both magic and physical damage. is a strong item against
- During the late game, crowd control abilities (e.g. Impale, Bandage Toss, Rocket Grab), or in other words, it can prevent the enemy from initiating on you. is a great addition for AD carries because it can block important
- If Spell Shield or Shroud of Darkness, both shields will pop when hit by an ability. This is intended. is up and you activate
- Nocturne's Paranoia or Twisted Fate's Destiny. passive will block the vision-based components of
- can negate effects from items such as and .
- summoner spells Ignite and Exhaust. does not negate
- Anivia's Glacial Storm or Nasus's Spirit Fire. will not block damage from persistent AoE spells such as:
- Brand's Blaze or Gangplank's Trial by Fire. will not block passive damage over time effects from abilities such as
- Shaco's Hallucinate or Mordekaiser's Children of the Grave. passive carries over to clones, like
- Dominion counterpart is .
- Some of Baron Nashor's abilities and the Dragon's attacks will pop the shield.