- Playing As Bard
- It's important to collect chimes to improve your Meeps' attacks, but don't neglect your lane partner! Try to make a big entrance by bringing an ally into the lane with you with Magical Journey.
- Let your Caretaker's Shrines charge up - they heal for a lot more when at full power.
- Don't forget that enemies can also use your Magical Journey doorways, and that your ultimate can also hit your allies!
- Playing Against Bard
- Bard's opponents can also travel through his Magical Journey doorways. You can follow him, if you think it's safe.
- You can crush Bard's healing shrines just by walking over them. Don't let his allies take them without a fight.
- Bard's ultimate, Tempered Fate, affects allies, enemies, monsters, and turrets alike. Sometimes it can be to your advantage to jump into it!
- Ability Usage
- Communicate with your ADC when you're warding and collecting chimes - it will be easier for him to judge the distance between you two and avoid unfavourable situations.
- Coordinate with the Jungler or Mid, feign collecting chimes and set up gank using Magical Journey.
- Starting Cosmic Binding will allow you to harass your lane opponents really well. You can also start with Caretaker's Shrine to help your Jungler with his first clear.
- Save your Cosmic Binding for enemies which follow you through your Magical Journey.
- If the one of the enemy players engages try using Tempered Fate on other enemies trying to followup.
- You can use Tempered Fate before the fight to catch a high priority target out of position, this is especially effective during late game rotations.
- Be especially wary of ruining your teammates' ultimates when using your Tempered Fate - try to focus on delaying other enemies rushing to the fight or allies with low health.
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage
- Bard is commonly played as an lane bully support who utilizes massive amounts of cooldown reduction and tanky items in order to take advantage of his ability to setup teamfights from afar.
- Bard can also utilize magic penetration due to the nature of his Meeps gaining large amounts of magic damage as he collects Chimes. This allows items such as and to compliment the tanky nature of his build.
- Bard as he succeeds in his lane bullying endeavors. As this allows him to extend farther to collect more chimes and return to lane in a timely manner. is a valuable item for
- Bard's really mobile and can set up good ganks with his Magical Journey and Cosmic Binding. Be careful when he's missing!
- Note the position of his chimes. At some point he will try to collect them and might be an easy picking.