- champions. Whether used on a squishy mid-laner or a tanky top-laner, a well-timed will help escape from tough situations. is great for absorbing the burst of enemy
- can be used despite any Crowd Control with the exception of suppression.
- Many consider Grievous Wounds, has a shorter cooldown, blocks more damage (against a single target), and can be used while you're still at full health (good against 100-to-0 burst).
to be vastly inferior to , because it only affects one person, offers no speed boost, and the shield is temporary. However, is not affected by
- For this reason, is often used instead of at mid lane, where there are many champions using . The lowered cooldown of also helps against assassins which are common at mid lane. At bot lane, is more common as is used more; is generally only used by supports which want to all-in. Also, with two champions, the healing from is more useful since it can affect two champions at once. The extra movement speed is also more helpful for marksman that want to kite.
The following table compares the effectiveness ofvs on a target affected by .
|Level||Total damage||Damage per second||Absorbed damage||Absorbed damage in 2 seconds||Received Damage||Percentage of Damage Negated||Healing||Reduced healing ( GW)||Received Damage||Percentage of Damage Negated|
will always negate 40% of damage if it is activated while under the effect of for at least 2 seconds. will always negate more damage than . Note that will absorb a larger portion of damage at lower levels.
- The cooldown of this spell can be reduced by summoner spell cooldown reduction.