- 25 attack damage = 900
- 10% life steal = 550
- 40% attack speed = 1200
- 10 on-hit damage = 200
- 8 on-hit damage (for every 100 of the target's current health) = 160
- (Excluding the last 125 of the target's current health, because 10 on-hit damage is the minimum damage done).
is gold efficient, without its active.
- Blade of the Ruined King's gold efficiency is further increased by 100 of the target's current health left (excluding the last 125 of the target's current health, because 10 on-hit damage is the minimum damage done). for every
- For the item to be considered 100% gold efficient, the passive and active would need to have a combined gold value of 350 .
- Champions who are highly dependent on basic attacks ( Master Yi, Kog'Maw, Jax, Teemo, Tristana, etc.) often build this item due to the attack speed, lifesteal, moderate amount of attack damage, and the passive that helps boost their autoattacks. Champions with an attack speed steroids like Graves, Lee Sin, or Nocturne can synergize well with , making better use of the passive.
- Kog'Maw, Fizz, Gnar, Kalista and Vayne.
is also a strong item choice for champions that deal percent health damage on autoattack, such as
- It also useful for any champion that has some of on-hit effect on their basic attacks (such as Lulu, Orianna, Irelia, Fiora, Corki, Akali, Aatrox, Twitch, and Varus), abilities that apply on-hit effects (such as Gangplank, Ezreal, Warwick, Shyvana, and Yasuo), champions that apply a trigger effect on every consecutive basic attack ( Kennen, Gnar, Varus, Vayne, Miss Fortune, Shen), or champions that can apply on-hit effects mutliple times in a single ability or next basic attack (such as Master Yi, Fiora, Shyvana, Renekton, Warwick, Miss Fortune, and Lucian).
- This item is often built as a form of "anti-tank" item used to counter health-stacking champions (or champions that scales well in health) such as Shen, Dr. Mundo, Volibear, Zac, and Taric.
- is a strong counter to , as it provides armor, health, an attack speed slow; and the two actives mostly mitigate each other.
- The passive damage is not factored into critical strikes, as it is an on-hit effect.
- The passive damage does, however, apply life steal.
- The active's heal is based on the damage dealt after reductions, and so will be mitigated by armor and other forms of damage reduction.
- Although and both have a in their recipe, their item actives are considered distinct from one another and will not put each other on cooldown.
- No actual movement speed is stolen. The active simultaneously slows the target by 25% and applies a 25% movement speed buff to the user that stacks additively with other percentage movement speed buffs.
- Altars on Twisted Treeline as the ruler of the Shadow Isles.
is named after the mysterious "King" mentioned by the
- It is also believed that he was responsible for the current state of the Shadow Isles.
- According to Kalista, the eponymous "King" was described to be "a noble king until grief overcame his reason".
- With the start of the preseason of Season 3 was removed and was replaced by .