- 25 attack damage = 900
- 10% life steal = 550
- 40% attack speed = 1200
- 10 on-hit damage = 200
- 6 on-hit damage (for every 100 of the target's current health) = 120
- (Excluding the last 166 of the target's current health, because 10 on-hit damage is the minimum damage done).
is gold efficient, without its active.
- Blade of the Ruined King's gold efficiency is further increased by 100 of the target's current health left (excluding the last 166 of the target's current health, because 10 on-hit damage is the minimum damage done). for every
- For the item to be considered 100% gold efficient, the passive and active would need to have a combined gold value of 550 .
- Champions who are highly dependent on basic attacks ( Master Yi, Kog'Maw, Jax, Teemo, Tristana, etc.) often build this item due to the attack speed, lifesteal, and the passive that helps boost their autoattacks. Champions with an attack speed steroid like Master Yi, Quinn, Xin Zhao, Nocturne or champions with on hit effects skills like Shyvana, Warwick, Renekton, Yasuo can synergize well with , making better use of the passive.
- This item is often built as a form of "anti-tank" item used to counter health-stacking champions (or champions that scales well in health) such as Shen, Dr. Mundo, Volibear, Zac, and Taric.
- and are strong counters to , as both provide armor and an attack speed slow; in the former's case, it also provides health and the two actives mostly mitigate each other. The latter's case has more armor and also has its attack speed slow in the form of an aura.
- The passive damage is not factored into critical strikes, as it is an on-hit effect.
- The passive damage does, however, apply life steal.
- The active's heal is based on the damage dealt after reductions, and so will be mitigated by armor and other forms of damage reduction.
- Although and both have a in their recipe, their item actives are considered distinct from one another and will not put each other on cooldown.
- No actual movement speed is stolen. The active simultaneously slows the target by 25% and applies a 25% movement speed buff to the user that stacks additively with other percentage movement speed buffs.
- Altars on Twisted Treeline as the ruler of the Shadow Isles.
is named after the mysterious "King" mentioned by the
- It is also believed that he was responsible for the current state of the Shadow Isles.
- According to Kalista, the eponymous "King" was described to be "a noble king until grief overcame his reason".
- With the start of the preseason of Season 3 was removed and was replaced by .