|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Blitzcrank was designed by Colt 'Ezreal' Hallam.
- Blitzcrank's voice over is provided by Duncan Watt, who also voices Rammus.
- If Rocket Grab is cast and Blitzcrank moves, his hand will disappear as it has not been retracted yet.
- Blitzcrank's name consists of 'Blitz', a German word for lightning, and 'crank', an English word denoting turning parts of machinery, starting-levers in particular.
- In the old lore, Blitzcrank ran a dating service called "Blitzcrank's Fleshling Compatibility Services."
- Blitzcrank's lore is similar to that of the Bicentennial Man, a movie based on a short story by Isaac Asimov, where the main character is a sentient robot played by Robin Williams.
- Blitzcrank has a loving fascination about Poros. He would also protect them from dangerous predators that would often harm them.
- Though Blitzcrank uses his right arm for Rocket Grab, the picture used for it displays his left hand.
- His dance is a reference to the , a popular Spanish song.
- Blitzcrank has been jokingly called a girl by Zileas.
- He resembles ZOG from .
- His feet are close to resembling duck feet, this is Riot's love for ducks.
- Blitzcrank's quote, "Exterminate" is a reference to the popular villains in , The Daleks.
- This may also be a reference to Evil Robots in movies, who have a tendency to say "Exterminate".
- The quote: "A rolling golem gathers no rust" is derived from the adage "A rolling stone gathers no moss".
- Blitzcrank's quote: "The magic calls to me" is almost exactly the same as a quote from Veigar: "The magic, it calls to me!".
- It is the only non-limited edition event skins to be removed from the store, ostensibly because of low quality, as it was almost identical to his basic skin.
- It was the first skin presented by GANK Industries, though that information was classified until April 2.
- His license plate reads "BLITZY1".
- This may be a reference to Dreamwork's Real Steel
- The boxing gloves for Boom Boom Blitzcrank have the acronym "LOL" on one and the word "PWN" on the other.
- The Goalkeeper Blitzcrank skin, along with the soccer skins for other champions, appeared just before the 2010 World Cup started, and were removed from the store on October 31, 2010. It later came back to the store for the 2014 World Cup,
- He shares this theme with Maokai.
- In his splash art Blitzcrank is depicted with 4 digit hands, where as the in-game model only spouts 3 digits.
- This skin is a reference to the company Apple and their brand of "iTech" (iPhone, iPad, etc.). This is likely due the League of Legends Mac client being released at the same time when the iBlitzcrank skin became available.
- Amusingly, the iBlitzcrank skin features the "Red Ring of Death" when he dies, which is a notorious hardware failure notifier of Apple's main competitor's game console, Microsoft's Xbox 360.
- In his skin splash art, Riot Graves can be seen in the background.
- Lucians attacks can also be seen in this artwork.
- His back animation includes an helicopter getting out of his hat. This is very similar to the iconic Inspector Gadget's heli-hat, who also happens to be a crime-fighting police robot.
- He can be seen in Riot Kayle's splash art.
- Blitzcrank shares this theme with Graves, Nasus, Singed, and Kayle.
- His splash art is a reference to classic fighter loading screens.
- In his recall animation, Blitzcrank withdraws the cartridge on his back and blows into it before putting it back, hearkening back to when video games used cartridges and players often blew into them if they didn't work.
- This skin bears some resemblance to the Mechawfuls from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, specifically the Dark Mechawful.
- His attack effect is a reference to Megaman X(1,2,3), when boss (maverick) dies. Same when he dies too.
- In addition, he looks a bit like Infinity Mijinion, one of the bosses from the Megaman X6 game.
- He shares this theme with Hecarim, Miss Fortune, Riven, Sona, and Veigar.
- Blitzcrank was originally created by Viktor, but the credit for his work was stolen by Professor Stanwick.
- Despite this, he still retains a connection with Viktor, however. They are in good terms as well.
- In the Journal of Justice, it was stated that Rammus is close friends with Blitzcrank, having a similar good nature to them.
- Blitzcrank and Singed are on unfriendly terms.
- Related Themes
- ↑ Blitzcrank's Poro Roundup
- ↑ Zileas post about Blitzcrank
- ↑ Viktor as Blitzcrank's friend
- ↑ The Journal of Justice: Volume 1, Issue 3