- Rocket Grab's icon displays Blitzcrank's left hand even though he uses his right one in-game.
- His dance references the .
- Blitzcrank has been jokingly referred to as a girl by Tom 'Zileas' Cadwell.
- He resembles Zog from
- Riot's love of ducks has made it so Blitzcrank's feet resemble theirs.
- Blitzcrank's hand will disappear if he moves after using Rocket Grab, given he is yet to retract it.
- Blitzcrank is the amalgamation of two words.
- Blitz is German for 'lightning'
- A is an arm attached to a rotating shaft in turn attached to a circular piece that is to be rotated.
- Blitzcrank used to run a dating service called Blitzcrank's Fleshling Compatibility Services. He determined the likelihood of a successful couple by way of an algorithm he devised.
- Blitzcrank's story seems to be based on by .
- Blitzcrank has a loving fascination for Poros, going so far as to protect them from dangerous predators stalking them.
- "Exterminate" references the from as well as the tendency for movie evil robots to say the same.
- "A rolling golem gathers no rust" references the adage "A rolling stone gathers no moss".
- "The magic calls to me" is nearly identical to "The magic, it calls to me!"
- Rusty Blitzcrank [ |
- It is so far the only non-legacy skin to be removed from the store, most likely due to being a texture away from looking like Classic Blitzcrank [ | .
- His license plate reads BLITZY1.
- He shares this theme with Hot Rod Corki [ | and Piltover Customs Heimerdinger [ | .
- This skin might be referencing .
- His boxing gloves read LOL ('League of Legends') and PWN (a popularized typo for 'OWN', commonly 'pwned')
- He celebrates the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- He shares this theme with All-Star Akali [ | , Sweeper Alistar [ | , Striker Ezreal [ | , Superfan Gragas [ | , Red Card Katarina [ | , Goalkeeper Maokai [ | , Striker Lucian [ | , and Red Card Twisted Fate [ | .
- iBlitzcrank [ |
- He has 4 fingers in the artwork but 3 in-game.
- This skin references
'iTech' (iPhone, iPad, and so on) and became available around the same time the game's Mac version did.
- Amusingly enough, when Blitzcrank dies he displays the , red lights that indicate a technical failure in Microsoft's (Apple's main competitor) Xbox 360 game console.
- He resembles from .
- He can be seen in Program Lissandra [ | splash art. That means he is a product of the program skins series.
- Riot Blitzcrank [ |
- Mana Barrier is shielding him from Lucian's shots.
- Riot Graves [ | can be seen in the background.
- He appears in Riot Kayle [ | 's artwork.
- His might be referencing 's .
- Blitzcrank shares this theme with Riot Graves [ | , Riot Kayle [ | , Riot K-9 Nasus [ | , and Riot Squad Singed [ | .
- The artwork references classic fighting game loading screens.
- His has Blitzcrank withdrawing the cartridge on his back and blowing into it before putting it back in, referencing what was done to video game cartridges when they wouldn't work.
- He resembles a Dark Mechawful from and from .
- Static Field references when either Mega Man himself or a boss die in .
- He shares this theme with Arcade Ahri [ | , Arcade Corki [ | , Arcade Ezreal [ | , Arcade Hecarim [ | , Arcade Miss Fortune [ | , Arcade Riven [ | , Arcade Sona [ | , and Final Boss Veigar [ | .
- Blitzcrank was originally created by Viktor but Professor Stanwick Pididly took all the credit.
- Considering it wasn't Blitzcrank's fault, he and Viktor are in good terms.
- The Journal of Justice mentions Rammus as a close friend of Blitzcrank's (probably due to both being good-natured individuals) and Singed as a rival of his.