Make sure to stock up on some Poro-snax as we vote, discuss and recap all the things that happened this year in League.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Blitzcrank was designed by Colt 'Ezreal' Hallam.
- Blitzcrank's voice over is provided by Duncan Watt, who also voices Rammus.
- If Rocket Grab is cast and Blitzcrank moves, his hand will disappear as it has not been retracted yet.
- Blitzcrank's style of play bears a resemblance to the DotA character, Pudge. This is mostly due to Blitzcrank's Rocket Grab skill and Pudge's Meat Hook having similar mechanics.
- Though Blitzcrank uses his right arm for Rocket Grab, the picture used for it displays his left hand.
- In the lore Blitzcrank runs a dating service called "Blitzcrank's Fleshling Compatibility Services."
- His dance is a reference to the , a popular Spanish song.
- Blitzcrank's lore is similar to that of the Bicentennial Man, a movie based on a short story by Isaac Asimov, where the main character is a sentient robot played by Robin Williams.
- Blitzcrank's name consists of 'Blitz', a German word for lightning, and 'crank', an English word denoting turning parts of machinery, starting-levers in particular.
- Blitzcrank has been jokingly called a girl by Zileas.
- Blitzcrank's quote, "Exterminate" is a reference to the popular villains in
, The Daleks.
- This may also be a reference to Evil Robots in movies, who have a tendency to say "Exterminate".
- The quote: "A rolling golem gathers no rust" is derived from the adage "A rolling stone gathers no moss".
- Blitzcrank's quote: "The magic calls to me" is almost exactly like a quote from Veigar: "The magic, it calls to me!".
- It is the only non-limited edition event skins to be removed from the store, ostensibly because of low quality, as it was almost identical to his basic skin.
- It was the first skin presented by GANK Industries, though that information was classified until April 2.
- His license plate reads "BLITZY1".
- The boxing gloves for Boom Boom Blitzcrank have the acronym "LOL" on one and the word "PWN" on the other.
- The Goalkeeper Blitzcrank skin, along with the soccer skins for other champions, appeared just before the 2010 World Cup started, and were removed from the store on October 31, 2010. It later came back to the store for the 2014 World Cup,
- He shares this theme with Maokai.
- This skin is a reference to the company Apple and their brand of "iTech" (iPhone, iPad, etc.). This is likely due the League of Legends Mac client being released at the same time when the iBlitzcrank skin became available.
- In his skin splash art, Riot Graves can be seen in the background.
- Lucians attacks can also be seen in this artwork.
- His back animation includes an helicopter getting out of his hat. This is very similar to the iconic Inspector Gadget's heli-hat, who also happens to be a crime-fighting police robot.
- He can be seen in Riot Kayle's splash art.
- Blitzcrank shares this theme with Graves, Nasus, Singed, and Kayle.
- Blitzcrank was originally created by Viktor, but the credit for his work was stolen by Professor Stanwick.
- Despite this, he still retains a connection with Viktor, however. They are in good terms as well.
- In the Journal of Justice, it was stated that Rammus is close friends with Blitzcrank, having a similar good nature to them.
- Blitzcrank and Singed are on unfriendly terms.