- For the summoner spell formerly known as Boost, see .
A boost temporarily increases the amount of summoner experience points gained at the conclusion of each match. There are two kinds of boosts: duration boosts and win boosts. Each of them can be bought from the Riot Store using Riot Points or received from Riot, often compensatorily.
The Riot Store sells boosts for a specified number of wins and for specified durations.
- Per win boosts are only applied if you win a game: they will only expire after winning a certain number of games.
- Duration boosts are active for a certain amount of time (e.g. 1 day). Examples of those other bonuses which is not affected include the first win of the day bonus, the match-made game bonus, or a bonus from another boost.
- If you combine a duration boost and a per win boost, you will receive both bonuses as long as both are active.
- Any XP boost you purchase is automatically extended when there's planned server downtime.
Per win boosts gave you a flat amount of IP equivalent to the max base IP you can earn from a game (values were different for each game mode). This change was made to ensure players were getting the most out of their boost for extremely short games, but Riot hasn't updated the explanations of how per win boosts work. Because of how per win boosts work, they gave much less IP for Custom, Twisted Treeline, and Co-op vs. AI games.
|Map||Normal||Ranked||Custom||Beginner bot||Intermediate bot|