|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Brand was designed by Coronach.
- Brand is the Danish, Dutch, German and Swedish word for "blaze/fire", "burning" and "burned".
- Brand is the second champion to be based around a fire theme, the first being Annie.
- Brand's ability, Sear has a similar in-game animation to Annie's auto-attack.
- Brand's auto-attacks also have the same particle as Morgana's auto-attacks, though changed in color from purple to orange.
- Considering Lokfar's similarities to stereotypical vikings and Norsemen of the past ( Olaf), Brand may have been inspired by the fire giant of Norse mythology. His appearance follows a common description of the character (blackened skin with lava crackling underneath), and Brand claims he is destined to renew the world by burning it, which is Surtr's role in Ragnarök.
- Brand could also have been inspired by , due to both of them being mages basked in flames, burning their enemies, and having lost their humanity to become what they are now.
- Pyroclasm might be a reference to Vaan's Quickening of the same name in Final Fantasy XII, or the made in 2001 with the same name, but could also be referring to the word pyroclastic (derived from the Greek: πῦρ, meaning fire; and κλαστός, meaning broken), which is used to describe fast moving volcanic material.
- The body that Brand is currently occupying once belonged to Kegan Rodhe, a seafaring marauder.
- This concept of possession may be in reference to , a process in which a mark is seared into the skin of a living person, with the intention that the resulting scar will make the mark permanent. This was used as a method to impose ownership over an oppressed person.
- Brand's line "Some say the world will end in fire." might be a reference to the poem by Robert Frost but most likely referring to an archaic but well known concept of the end of the world, namely of Norse mythology, in which the earth is set on fire.
- Brand's joke "Is it hot in here or is it just me?" was once used by Anivia before her current voice.
- Zombie Brand's line "Every day I'm shambling." is a reference to LMFAO Party rock anthem quote "Every day I'm shuffling". It might also be a reference to Rick Ross' song "Everyday I'm Hustling"
- Zombie Brand's line "Not easy being green...and dead" Is a reference to the song "Bein' Green" sung by on .
- Zombie Brand shares a quote "Dead man walking." with Graves.
- The original name of the Vandal Brand skin was Biker Brand as seen in his art spotlight.
- An icon of Gragas can be seen on the Keg Tap Handle behind the bar in Brand's Vandal artwork, along with the words "Graggy Ice" scratched into the cask.
- Vandal Brand shares many similarities with the character , most notably the wrapped chains, the leather jacket with spikes, and the original name 'Biker Brand', which would imply he rode motorcycles.
- Cryocore Brand strongly resembles
from the .
- This skin changes Brand's particles to a blue color, representing ice in place of his normal fire.
- Zombie Brand is his 1st legendary skin. It changes his particles to a greener hue and changes his animations and voice to that of a more traditional zombie.
- Zombie Brand's appearance is based off the normal zombie from the Plants vs. Zombies video game.
- Zombie Brand's suit is also the same as the regular zombie from Plants vs. Zombies.
- Zombie Brand's dance is from Michael Jackson's "Thriller".
- Zombie Ryze also shares this theme.
- Aside from Pulsefire Ezreal, Zombie Brand and Haunted Maokai are the first skins that have respawn animation when their champion did not have one.
- Brand was captured by a summoner, with the aid of Garen and Lux.
- With the revelation that Lokfar is in Freljord, it is speculated that Brand's icy imprisonment many centuries ago was at the hands of The Ice Witch.
- This is supported by the fact that Lissandra has a particular taunt for him.