- Braum is the first champion to feature a unique attack animation against turrets.
- He is also the second to feature two joke animations, the first being Heimerdinger.
- Braum's dance resembles the Ukrainian Cossack one.
- Braum is likely an amalgamation of slant-rhyme brawn ('strength') and an anagram of bruma (Latin: 'winter'; derived poetry: 'ice', 'frost', which is also Italian for "mist").
- Brawn is also British slang for
- There is a fast-food and grocery stores chain in the US called .
- Brawn is also British slang for
- Braum strongly resembles the figure in the old Juggernaut mastery.
- When Braum feeds a Poro a they will grow a mustache, with the color being determined by which skin he is using.
- Braum is Jordan 'Wrekz' Anton's first champion ever designed.
- He started off as CeeCee the Hextech Engineer. She was a mechanic from Piltover who used a Hextech-powered shield. This incarnation suffered from gameplay complications and, slowly but surely, became Braum.
- Braum himself was at first a Demacian but this Braum was deemed to serious for his jolly defender theme, so he was moved to the Freljord.
- The fan-made champion Angus was one of the inspirations for Braum, with similarities including a manly personality, the ability to intercept projectiles, and the ability to empower his allies with facial hair.
- 'Trials of the Poro' was released during the Zodiac period of Aries ( Ram)
- At one point in development Unbreakable was called 'Immovable Object' and incidentally shipped to the PBE named as such.
- Braum's legendary status through the (at least over five) generations as well as the lack of significant aging (if the former is accurate) give way to the theory of him being an Iceborn.
- The other theory is that he is not a flesh-and-blood individual. Instead, he is the embodiment of the less cruel side of the Freljord, whose 'existence' is tied to the people's fascination with him and his feats.
- Braum's speech is unusual in that his has a heavy accent compared to other Freljordians as well occasionally referring to himself in the third person.
- Braum features a lot more champion interactions directed at people he's actually to meet down in bottom lane (Marksmen and Supports) compared to ones directed at lore-related people.
- "The darker the night, the brighter the stars" is an extract from by .
- "Mother always said: 'Float like iceberg, sting like thrown iceberg!'" references 's catchphrase "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
- Braum and Poppy share the quote "Not so fast!"
- Braum is the first champion to have lines for a successful .
- In the Latin American server Braum references "That's a paddlin'" from . He says "Si te portas mal, hay puerta!" ('If you misbehave, that's a doorin'!')
- Classic Braum [ |
- The titular 'Trials of the Poro' will occasionally walk on his shield when he's moving as well as join Braum in his jokes.
- A non-mustached Poro will also occasionally feature.
- The Poros he feeds a will grow an orange mustache.
- When joking he will place his head inside his dragon-shield's mouth, referencing lion tamers.
- His shield resembles from (albeit with an altered jaw and different color scheme) as well as the from .
- He shares this theme with Dragonslayer Jarvan IV [ | , Dragonslayer Pantheon [ | , and Dragonslayer Vayne [ | .
- El Tigre Braum [ |
- He resembles the Japanese wrestler
- In the Latin American server his voiceover slightly changes to reference .
- This skin was preceded by a fan concept complete with a folding chair for a shield.
- He shares this theme with Gnar, Dr. Mundo, and Volibear.
- Braum Lionheart [ |
- He references the traditional
and even (also known as 'the Lionheart')
- Coincidentally, Braum resembles his Demacian self from development.
- He is wearing the around his waist and filling the with wine.
- The 'Lionheart' concept was originally created a few years ago for Leona.
- He shares this theme with Gragas Caskbreaker [ | , Ryze Whitebeard [ | , Varus Swiftbolt [ | , and Veigar Greybeard [ | .