|"I could help you do that better."|
| This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.
Brush is the tall grassy terrain on a map that provides a champion (or minion/monster) a form of stealth. Upon entering the brush, the unit immediately turns invisible to enemies outside of that particular patch of brush. The unit will remain invisible until it has either left the brush or was scouted by an ability, item or an enemy unit.
- This stealth does not make your champion invisible, but hides you from units outside of that brush. You will not be revealed by stealth detections that are not placed in the brush.
Visually, this effect manifests when your champion's avatar takes on a partially transparent quality. Opposing units in different patches of brush will not be able to see each other even if they are within normal sight range.
Brush can be used in several ways to create a tactical advantage on the battlefield. First, and perhaps most apparently, one can utilize the brush to set an ambush for an enemy champion, emerging once they have passed by to cut off their escape. Brush can also be used, while fleeing, to break the line of sight and force pursuing champions to guess which direction you have gone. It can also be used to dodge passing minion waves, to hide your champion while he channels recall, or to force a ranged champion too close to melee range to continue their attack.
Wards are subject to the same limitations surrounding brush as other units. A ward placed inside a patch of brush can reveal the area inside the brush, as well as the area surrounding it. A placed outside of a brush will not be able to see enemies inside. Because of this, it is often preferable to place wards within a brush.
- Brush in a lane can be used to find out if the enemy has sight into a particular patch of brush. If you are in the brush, not attacking, and minions begin to attack you, then they have sight into that brush.
If an attack skill that is not a skillshot is used while in the brush, the champion using that skill will be revealed for a short time. Your champion will also be revealed when you auto-attack from within a brush. If an ally attacks from a brush, you will also be seen. Brush is subject to line of sight. For example, on Summoner's Rift, opposing units on both ends of the brush at blue buff will not be able to see each other due to a wall in between the edges of that brush.
Ways to reveal areas in the Brush
There are several ways to reveal an area in brush:
- An allied unit moves into the brush. This also includes pets such as:
- A placed in the brush will reveal within and around it for 3 minutes.
- A placed in the brush will reveal the same area as a normal sight ward, but will also reveal stealthed units.
Some champions possess abilities that directly, or more often, indirectly let you see into an area that is usually subject to the Fog of War or units within them, such as Brush. Almost every AoE ability can reveal an opponent in its range.
Reveal targeted area
- Anivia's Crystallize reveals the area around the wall.
- Ashe's Hawkshot reveals the area it passes over, and the area it detonates over for several seconds, and Enchanted Crystal Arrow reveals the area it passes over.
- Cho'Gath's Rupture
- Corki's Phosphorus Bomb grants vision on impact and for a few seconds after that.
- Cassiopeia's Miasma reveals the area within and slightly around the cloud.
- Draven's Whirling Death reveals the area it passes over.
- Elise's Rappel and Volatile Spiderling
- Ezreal's Trueshot Barrage reveals the area it passes over.
- Fizz's Chum the Waters reveals the area around the fish.
- Gangplank's Cannon Barrage reveals the area within the circle if cast in the fog of war.
- Gragas's Barrel Roll
- Gragas's Explosive Cask
- Heimerdinger's CH-1 Concussion Grenade temporarily grants vision while on its flight path, and H-28G Evolution Turret will reveal the area surrounding them, not to mention target any units within range.
- Jarvan IV's Demacian Standard
- Jarvan IV's Cataclysm
- Jayce's Shock Blast reveals the area of detonation, and Acceleration Gate
- Jinx's Flame Chompers! and Super Mega Death Rocket!
- Karthus's Lay Waste and Wall of Pain
- Kog'Maw's Living Artillery
- Leona's Solar Flare
- Lucian's Ardent Blaze grants brief vision when landing on affected area.
- Lux's Lucent Singularity grants vision of the affected area until detonation.
- Malzahar's Call of the Void reveals the area casted for a short time.
- Maokai's Sapling Toss will reveal the area around the sapling, even as it chases down a target, until it detonates.
- Miss Fortune's Make It Rain reveals the area within the circle if cast in the fog of war.
- Nami's Tidal Wave
- Nasus's Spirit Fire briefly reveals the area in which it is cast in.
- Olaf's Undertow briefly reveals the area in which it is cast
- Orianna's Command: Attack will reveal the area around The Ball.
- Pantheon's Grand Skyfall reveals the area within the circle if cast in the fog of war.
- Quinn's Heightened Senses reveals a large area surrounding her when using the active.
- Soraka's Starcall reveals the area it is cast in. If Starcall hits an enemy champion, a particle travels slowly from the champion to Soraka.
- Shaco's Jack In The Box will reveal the area around the box.
- Syndra's Force of Will
- Teemo's Noxious Trap will reveal the surrounding area around his mushrooms, and also continue to give sight on units poisoned by their detonation.
- Thresh's Dark Passage and The Box
- Trundle's Pillar of Ice reveals the area around the pillar.
- Urgot's Noxian Corrosive Charge
- Veigar's Dark Matter reveals the targeted area during the delay.
- Viktor's Death Ray and Chaos Storm
- Xerath's Arcane Barrage and Eye of Destruction
- Yasuo's Wind Wall
- Zed's Living Shadow, and Zed's Death Mark reveals the area around Zed's clones.
- Ziggs's Satchel Charge, Hexplosive Minefield and Mega Inferno Bomb
Reveal enemy champions and their immediate surroundings
- Twisted Fate's Destiny reveals all enemy champions.
- Warwick's Blood Scent reveals nearby enemy champions who are at low health.
- It will not reveal stealthed champions, but Warwick will still get the movement speed buff.
- Rengar's Thrill of the Hunt reveals nearby enemy champions.
- Enemies poisoned by Teemo's Noxious Trap.
Reveal enemy champions when hit by the ability
- Akali's Twilight Shroud
- Caitlyn's Yordle Snap Trap, and Ace in the Hole provides vision while locked on to the target.
- Corki's Phosphorus Bomb
- Diana's Crescent Strike
- Elise's Cocoon provides vision shortly after hitting a champion.
- Jinx's Zap! provides vision shortly after hitting a champion.
- Karma's Focused Resolve or Renewal reveals stealthed champions for the duration of the tether.
- Kha'Zix's Evolved Spike Racks
- Kog'Maw's Living Artillery
- Lee Sin's Sonic Wave and Tempest
- Lulu's Help, Pix!
- Lux's Final Spark provides vision shortly after hitting a champion.
- Nami's Aqua Prison provides vision shortly after hitting a champion.
- Nidalee's Bushwhack
- Talon's Noxian Diplomacy
- Zyra's Rampant Growth
Detect enemy champions with skill shots
If a player fires a skill shot into the brush, it won't make them visible even if you hit them. However many of them have a secondary effect or a different sound effect on impact. Here are just a few examples (not a complete list):
- Ahri's Orb of Deception and Charm will add stacks to her passive if they hit and will pull them near her.
- Ashe's Volley arrows will disappear and not travel their full distance if they hit anything.
- Brand's Sear disappears before its full distance is traveled if it hits something.
- Caitlyn's Piltover Peacemaker makes a distinctive sound if it hits.
- Cassiopeia's Noxious Blast gives her a buff if it hits
- Dr. Mundo's Infected Cleaver makes a splattering sound if it hits, and heals Dr. Mundo.
- Ezreal's Mystic Shot makes a distinctive sound if it hits and will trigger lifesteal and other on-hit effects, reduces other cooldowns if it hits and will apply one stack of his innate ability Rising Spell Force.
- Karma's Inner Flame / Soulflare makes a distinctive sound if it hits.
- Kennen's Thundering Shuriken makes a distinctive sound if it hits. The target will also gain a Mark of the Storm which will enable the use of Electrical Surge if you are close enough.
- Mordekaiser's Siphon of Destruction makes a distinctive sound if it hits, and increases the shield of his innate ability, Iron Man.
- Morgana's Dark Binding makes a distinctive sound if it hits.
- Nidalee's Javelin Toss makes a distinctive sound if it hits.
- Nocturne's Duskbringer makes a distinctive sound if it hits, as well as causing a trail to appear.
- Rumble's Electro-Harpoon makes a distinctive sound if it hits.
- Shyvana's Flame Breath makes a distinctive sound if it hits.
- Sivir's Boomerang Blade makes a distinctive sound if it hits. If she hits an enemy champion in the brush, she will gain movement speed from Fleet of Foot.
- Talon's Rake makes a distinctive sound if it hits.
- Varus's Piercing Arrow makes a distinctive sound if it hits.
- Morgana's Tormented Soil will apply spell vamp if a target is in brush due to her innate ability Soul Siphon.
- Vladimir's Tides of Blood will shoot to all enemies near him.
- Zyra's Grasping Roots makes a distinctive sound if it hits.
- Any skill shot that does not proc on hit effects will trigger spell vamp if it hits a target in Brush.
Buffs for being in Brush
- Rengar's Unseen Predator grants him bonus attack range and his attacks cause him to leap at his target.
- Nidalee's Prowl grants her 15% extra movement speed for two seconds when in the brush.
- Caitlyn's Headshot adds 2 charges when attacking from the brushes instead of 1.
- Kha'Zix's Unseen Threat causes his next basic attack to deal bonus magic damage and slow the target by 25% for 2 seconds.
Buff detection by skill proximity
- Twitch's Expunge will be available if an enemy affected by Deadly Venom is within range, in brush or not.
- Jarvan IV's Golden Aegis will increase in shield strength if it hits an enemy in brush.
- Tryndamere's Mocking Shout will be castable if an enemy champion is within its range, in brush or not.
- Katarina's Death Lotus will be castable if an enemy champion is within its range, in brush or not.
- Morgana's Soul Shackles will be castable if an enemy champion is within its range, in brush or not.