|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Caitlyn was designed by Ezreal.
- Caitlyn was the first champion released in 2011.
- Caitlyn's crime-fighting partner is Vi. When the two of them are in an game together as allies they get a cosmetic buff: "On The Case: Piltover's finest ". Where both get an additional gold for every kill/assist they make together.
- When playing against an enemy Jinx:
- Causes Caitlyn, also to an allied Vi if she is present, to get a debuff "Catch me if you can!".
- The debuff reads "Jinx is causing chaos again. How obnoxious... Criminals Apprehended:" followed by a counter that represents the number of Jinx kills/assists.
- +1 bonus gold for every criminal they apprehend.
- Caitlyn's rifle can be seen in the Mac Version Launch Video for League of Legends.
- One of Caitlyn's Yordle Snap Trap can also be seen shortly after.
- Both the icon for Yordle Snap Trap and the actual placed traps appear to be bear traps baited with a cupcake. Because of this, many players refer to her traps simply as "cupcakes."
- Likely as a reference to this, Vi uses "Cupcake" as a nickname for Caitlyn in some of her special quotes.
- Caitlyn has the longest Base Attack Range out of all Champions; 650.
- IronStylus has stated when Caitlyn gets a visual update, she will probably have a traditional skin. He hints her look may end up being consistent with Vi, Jayce and Jinx and shows this artwork as a good example of how they might portray her afterwards. The whole article can be found here & here.
- Caitlyn's dance resembles the basic movements found in modern military drill team performances.
- Caitlyn's "Meet the long gun of the law" quote is a pun on the phrase "Long Arm of the Law".
- Caitlyn's quote "Wanna see a hat trick?" is a referring to the magic which is producing an object out of an seemingly empty top hat (similar to the one Caitlyn wears) and the sports term - doing a triple-feat in any sport e.g. triple-kill in League of Legends, three touchdowns, three goals, etc.
- Caitlyn's "Boom. Headshot." quote is a reference to the mockumentary Pure Pwnage episode "M8's," which is also referenced by the Team Fortress 2 "Meet the Sniper" video, in which the eponymous class/character says it while tapping a bobblehead. This quote could also be derived from the classic N64 game "Conker's Bad Fur Day"
- In Polish client, Caitlyn's "Bądź czujny jak pies podwójny" ("Be open-eyed, as the doubledog") is a reference to stand-up of Kabaret Moralnego Niepokoju - Wyrywanie Lachonów.
- Caitlyn's "So many bad guys, so little time" quote is a reference to a Frank Zappa quote "So many books, so little time"
- Her skin resembles Mad Moxxi from the Borderlands series.
- This skin is a reference to not only to (African) Explorer Ezreal, Chrome Rammus, and Foxfire Ahri. , but also to the web browser . She shares the internet browsers theme with
- This skin looks similar to , a soviet commando from the video game.
- She also shares theme with Gangplank.
- This skin might be a reference to the Arctic Warfare series of sniper rifles by Accuracy International.
- The skin was a special gift for those who bought the PC Gamer US November 2011 Issue in September 2011. The skin was later made available for everyone to purchase on December 29, 2011.
- More clearly, this skin is an homage to the legendary Finnish sniper Simo Häyhä, who killed 505 Russian soldiers and officers over a span of 100 days during the Russian invasion of Finland in the winter of 1939-1940. Simo has the highest number of confirmed kills of any sniper in any major war in history.
- This skin is inspired by American police officer's uniform.
- She also shares this theme with Vi.
- The Hermit of the Howling Abyss knew Caitlyn's mother.
- Caitlyn is partners with Vi in the Piltover Sheriff's Department.
- Caitlyn is also close friends with Jayce and Ezreal.