|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Caitlyn was designed by Ezreal.
- IronStylus has stated when Caitlyn gets a visual update, she will probably have a traditional skin. He hints her look may end up being consistent with Vi, Jayce and Jinx and shows this artwork as a good example of how they might portray her afterwards. The whole article can be found here & here.
- Both the icon for Yordle Snap Trap and the actual placed traps appear to be bear traps baited with a cupcake.
- Likely as a reference to this, Vi uses "Cupcake" as a nickname for Caitlyn in some of her special quotes.
- Caitlyn's crime-fighting partner is Vi. When the two of them are in an game together as allies, they get a cosmetic buff: "On The Case: Piltover's finest" where both get an additional gold for every kill/assist they make together.
- When playing against an enemy Jinx:
- Caitlyn was the first champion released in 2011.
- Caitlyn is, along with Lissandra, Varus, Rumble, Sion, Vi, Xerath,and Ziggs, one of the few champions that can CC themselves.
- Caitlyn's rifle can be seen in the Mac Version Launch Video for League of Legends.
- One of Caitlyn's Yordle Snap Trap can also be seen shortly after.
- Caitlyn has the longest Base Attack Range out of all Champions; 650.
- Caitlyn's dance and taunts resemble several rifle moves in modern color guard bugle corps.
- Caitlyn has a received pronunciation accent. This is the standard accent of Standard English in the United Kingdom.
- Caitlyn is possibly ambidextrous. In the splash arts for the classic and Headhunter skins, she has her left hand on the rifle trigger, whereas she has her right hand on the trigger in the Resistance, Arctic Warfare and Officer splash arts.
- Caitlyn's quote "Wanna see a hat trick?" is a referring to the magic which is producing an object out of an seemingly empty top hat (similar to the one Caitlyn wears) and the sports term - doing a triple-feat in any sport e.g. triple-kill in League of Legends, three touchdowns, three goals, etc.
- This skin is a reference to not only to (African) Explorer Ezreal, Chrome Rammus, and Foxfire Ahri. , but also to the web browser . She shares the internet browsers theme with
- The skin was a special gift for those who bought the PC Gamer US November 2011 Issue in September 2011. The skin was later made available for everyone to purchase on December 29, 2011.
- This skin was released for the 2016 Lunar Revel.
- Her armour design may probably been inspired by Ao Shin.
- Her Yordle Snap Trap instead of a , has a .
- She shares this theme with Morgana.
- The Hermit of the Howling Abyss knew Caitlyn's mother.
- Caitlyn is partners with Vi in the Piltover Sheriff's Department.
- Caitlyn is also close friends with Jayce and Ezreal.
- Related Themes