- Playing as
- Make use of her s by placing them pre-emptively to ensure that you'll have one off of cooldown during combat.
- Avoid using in large team melees as it might be blocked by the wrong target.
- Fire away from the opponent to close the gap or hop over walls.
- Playing Against
- Keep behind allied minions if Caitlyn is harassing you with (it deals less damage with each subsequent target).
- You can intercept from hitting an ally if you stand in its path.
- Caitlyn roots herself when using Piltover Peacemaker and Ace in the Hole, take advantage of this window if she sits in a vulnerable position.
- Ability Usage
- If an enemy is teleporting nearby, you can place a on the unit that they are teleporting to. Keep in mind that if they're teleporting to a turret, they will always arrive behind that turret (the part that faces their nexus). This ensures that the enemy will be ensnared upon arrival.
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage
- Buying an and a Critical Chance/Attack Speed item such as can increase your DPS dramatically by allowing you to proc Caitlyn's passive very quickly with properly timed auto attacks and combos.