|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Take advantage of Headshot for harassing enemy champions.
- Caitlyn is superior in side lanes as the brush makes her passive, Headshot, more effective.
- It is not recommended to harass enemies with Piltover Peacemaker since it drains mana too quickly and has a distinct channeling animation, allowing it to be dodged.
- It is easier to hit with Piltover Peacemaker when inside brush because enemies cannot see the one-second warning before the shot.
- Piltover Peacemaker will push the lane and leveling it early increases the pressure on your lane.
- During the laning phase, place a Yordle Snap Trap in side routes and bushes to deny the enemy team the use of those bushes.
- It is also a good idea to set up Yordle Snap Trap by placing all 3 in a straight line within the lane to limit your opponent's mobility.
- If any enemies were to step into them by mistake or they walk through the small passages between the Yordle Snap Trap, this allows an easy setup with Piltover Peacemaker or Headshot.
- If you place a Yordle Snap Trap on top of an enemy ward, then the ward will become visible once again for a short period when the enemy champ steps on that trap.
- Yordle Snap Trap is better than Piltover Peacemaker as a first skill due to its utility, and allows for Caitlyn to dominate her lane. Piltover Peacemaker is easy to juke, but if an enemy steps on a trap, you can get off some free damage on them.
- By starting off with Yordle Snap Trap you can assist your jungler by placing Yordle Snap Traps at common jungle locations; this can be used to help your jungler counter-jungle.
- When in team fights, placing a Yordle Snap Trap in front of enemies or behind them can help your team escape if losing or capture fleeing enemies.
- When fighting against Sivir, your Yordle Snap Trap will be less effective due to her Spell Shield. She will often run into the trap with her Spell Shield activated to give her mana, but that will make her vulnerable to Ace in the Hole since Spell Shield will be on cooldown.
- To counter an enemy Pantheon or Twisted Fate using their ultimate, place a Yordle Snap Trap in the center of the circle where he will land, snaring and effectively crippling him.
- This is also effective against targets that are re-spawning with the buff, placing Yordle Snap Trap under them helps to secure the kill.
- You can fire 90 Caliber Net away from opponents to close the gap when chasing.
- Inversely, it can be used as an escaping tool as well, slowing the opponent and propelling you away.
- 90 Caliber Net's recoil will immediately stop you when you hit terrain that is too thick to move through.
- Caitlyn can use 90 Caliber Net to hop over thin walls in the jungle, creating a quick escape route out of dangerous situations. She also can use this functionality to pursue enemies effectively. As it uses a bit of mana and has a long cooldown, it should be used with caution.
- When you rapidly use 90 Caliber Net and activate Piltover Peacemaker right afterward before moving (helps to use smartcast), you move away as usual but your Q also goes off from where you were standing before moving with no animation.
- Avoid using Ace in the Hole in large team clashes as it might be blocked by another enemy champion. The cast also cancels if the target dies prematurely.
- Using Ace in the Hole at an angle that the enemy team would not expect makes it more difficult for it to be blocked.
- When an enemy flees at low health, you can finish them off with Ace in the Hole. However, remember that it can be intercepted, so try to find a clear shot first.
- Ace in the Hole requires vision of the enemy to cast. Having an ally with Clairvoyance can help finish off low-health enemies.
- Because Yordle Snap Trap grants vision of an enemy who steps on it, be sure to place them strategically and keep an eye on them. You may be able to get a surprise Ace in the Hole off of someone who triggers it in the bush or jungle, allowing you to either hurt them to prevent a gank or finish them off if they fled to the jungle.
- Building one or two items that focus on attack speed, such as or , will charge Headshot faster, improving her damage in the later part of the game.
- is especially useful as Caitlyn, as with most physical DPS champions.
- gives her inferior stats, but greater waveclear and at a lower price.
- enables Caitlyn to get Headshot procs three times faster, but gives few useful stats.
- gives Caitlyn increased dueling and chasing capability, as well as higher damage to health tanks such as Dr. Mundo.
- The auto-attack part of Headshot calculates with critical strikes, so items that offer critical chance also add greatly to her damage capacity; however the on-hit added damage of Headshot does not crit.
- is an excellent item on Caitlyn as she can easily farm stacks with Piltover Peacemaker. It grants a massive amount of attack damage, and the life steal greatly improves your sustainability and improves your abilities as they scale greatly with AD.
- Building Caitlyn with and will allow her to do high damage in team fights before she gets focused.
|The Howling Abyss|
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Twisted Treeline|
- Unlike most carries, Caitlyn has very high attack damage early-game due to her superior range and Headshot passive, that allows her to harass her enemies, whittling down and possibly forcing them out of lane out of fear of getting killed by Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole.
- Caitlyn can win a lane through denying enemy carries from farming, but does not have a "steroid" ability. Supports that can zone her, such as Alistar, Janna, Lux are an effective counter.
- Caitlyn is well known for being an unusually strong ADC early on and severely shuts down weak starters like Kog'Maw, however in comparison to most of the other ADC she becomes weak by the late-game.
- Be aware of where Caitlyn's traps are as Yordle Snap Trap + Piltover Peacemaker combo is devastating early game.
- Effective for preventing Caitlyn getting kills with Ace in the Hole are supports, such as Alistar, Kayle, Lulu, Soraka, that can interrupt her ultimate or help the targeted ally :
- Alistar, Lulu, Soraka can interrupt it respectively with - Pulverize and Headbutt, Whimsy, Infuse.
- Alistar also can intercept the ultimate even at low health and survive it with his Unbreakable Will.
- Additionally Lulu's Wild Growth and Help, Pix!, Kayle's Divine Blessing, Soraka's Astral Blessing and Wish can provide the target with just enough health to survive.
- Perhaps most effective is Kayle's Intervention as it will completely nullify the damage of Ace in the Hole.