|Champion||Champion Attributes||Champion Updates|
A champion update is a graphical or kit (playstyle) update that occurs after a champion's initial release. Over the years, Riot have been working on updating champions whose visuals or gameplay don't fit with the current state of the game. The goal is to level up any outdated visuals or gameplay to make champions feel fresh while still retaining what makes them unique.
- This scale of rework covers small kit changes to several champions of a specific class or subclass, that aims to give each one their own unique niche in the game, and make them healthier overall. Animations and other visual effects may be updated, but the champions model and core theme are untouched.
|Fighters: Juggernauts||Darius||Nasus||August 20, 2015|
|Marksmen||Caitlyn||Ashe Draven Ezreal||November 11, 2015|
|Kog'Maw||Sivir Tristana Twitch|
|Mages: Traditional Mages||Brand||Anivia Annie||May 4, 2016|
- This scale of rework covers changes to a champions kit beyond number tweaks. Animations and other visual effects may be updated, but the champions model and core theme are untouched. In some cases, the kit rework will 'correct' the kit to match the intended theme.
- This scale of rework covers changes to a champion's model and artwork. This will often include a more up-to-date voiceover and lore and even bugfixes and minor balance changes - but will not change the champion's core theme.
- Visual and Gameplay
- This combines the above two categories. The scale of the kit rework is usually slightly larger than a kit rework alone as the developers can plan for more in-depth visual effects and model changes. The champion's core theme remains intact.
- Full Relaunch
- Unlike the previous classifications, a complete relaunch involves an overhaul to the champion's identity - focusing on some aspects while abandoning others. This affects the champion's lore, personality, art, and model. The degree of the kit rework varies.
Main article: Dev Blog: Champion Updates
This is a list of champions who have received any form of update from visual, to gameplay updates and full relaunches. For a look at smaller Texture Rebalances, visit this page and for a more detailed list of all Champion Reworks, visit this article.