Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A champion statistic is a number indicating how well a champion can do a certain thing. These help define the assets of a champion. There are 17 official statistics and 2 unofficial statistics, divided into 4 categories: Offensive, Defensive, Magic, and Movement.
- Armor penetration: How much the armor values of targets are reduced during physical damage calculations.
- Attack damage: Provides the initial damage value of basic attacks and scaling on some abilities.
- Attack speed: The rate at which a champion uses their basic attack.
- Critical strike chance: The percent chance that a basic attack will critically strike to deal increased damage.
- Critical strike damage: The percentage damage increase provided by critical strike chance.
- Life steal: The percentage of the damage done by a champion's basic attacks that is returned to them as health.
- Range: Unofficial statistic, however still displayed among player statistics in game. Measurement used to determine how far an autoattack or ability can reach (referred to as attack range or ability range respectively).
- Armor: Used to calculate the reduced damage (in percentage) taken from basic attacks and abilities that deal physical damage. Calculated by armor ÷ (armor + 100)
- Health: The total damage a champion may take before dying.
- Health regeneration: The rate at which a champion's health is naturally restored.
- Magic resistance: Used to calculate the reduced damage (in percentage) taken from abilities that deal magic damage. Calculated by MR ÷ (MR + 100).
- Tenacity: Unofficial statistic, however still displayed among player statistics in game. Measured in percentages of how much the duration of most disables will be reduced.
- Ability power: Provides scaling on some abilities.
- Cooldown reduction: The percent reduction in the time after an ability is used by a champion before it can be used again.
- Magic penetration: How much the magic resistance values of targets are reduced during magic damage calculations.
- Mana: The maximum mana available to a champion for casting abilities.
- Mana regeneration: The rate at which a champion's mana is naturally restored.
- Spell vamp: The percentage of the damage done by a champion's abilities that is returned to them as health.
- Movement speed: The speed at which a champion moves around the map.
All champions begin the game with a certain amount of attack damage, attack speed, armor, health, health regeneration, resource or mana, and resource or mana regeneration. This is called the base value of that statistic. All champions naturally increase these stats by a non-linear amount every time they gain a level.
All champions have the same formula for calculating their statistics (see below). Obviously, all champions go through the same 18 levels during the game. However, each champion and skill has a different growth statistic (or per level coefficient). For example, the AD growth statistic for Singed is 3.375, but his mana growth statistic is 45. Kog'Maw has AD and mana growth statistics of 2.41 and 40, which are different than Singed. Currently, Gnar is the only champion who can modify his growth statistics. All other champions have fixed growth statistics.
- b = base
- g = growth statistic
- n = champion level
For example, Alistar starts level 1 with 613.36 health (health base statistic), and his health growth statistic is 106. At level 2, the equation shows that his total health is 689.68 displayed in game as a rounded value 690 (n = 2, g = 106, and b= 613.36).
Importantly, each champion's base statistics and growth statistics are unique. This makes a big difference on the battlefield. If a champion has low base statistics but high growth statistics, they will be weak at the game's beginning but strong at the game's end.
Four statistics that deviate from this pattern are critical strike damage, range, movement speed and magic resistance. All champions start with 200% base critical damage (even Ashe, Jhin and Yasuo despite their innate passives). Every champion has unique base range and movement speed that do not increase naturally. Natural increase is meant to be as from leveling up itself, innate passives as Tristana's Draw a Bead or Cassiopeia's Serpentine Grace, despite being per-level innates, are not considered to be natural stat increases. Every champion begins the game with exactly 30 or 32.1 MR. Magic resistance is the only statistic that increases for some champions and not for others. In general, if a champion is ranged or has a ranged form, they will not gain magic resistance per level.
All other statistics have a natural value of zero and must be increased by other sources. The ways a champion may increase their statistics are varied and include runes, masteries, items, and auras. Some champion abilities increase that champion's statistics, either as a passive effect ( Nasus' Soul Eater passively increases his life steal) or as an active effect ( Jax's Grandmaster's Might briefly increases his armor and MR) or as an effect that follows another action ( Nocturne's Shroud of Darkness, for example, passively increases his attack speed and doubles this bonus when he absorbs a spell).
Growth statistic per level
A champion does not increase his stats in a linear way. Instead, their increase in strength becomes faster and faster as they get into higher levels. The above equation can be rearranged to show this. The only thing required is the champion's new level and his growth statistic.
- g = growth statistic
Kalista's growth statistic for health is 83. When leveling-up from level 1 to level 2, the number in the brackets becomes 0.72 (or 72%) and her total health will increase by 59.76 (g = 83 and NewLevel = 2). To explain it another way, her growth statistic (83) was multiplied by 72% giving 59.76 health. However, when leveling-up from 15 to 16, the percent increase is 121% and the health increase is much higher at 100.43 health (g = 83 and NewLevel = 16).
At level 18, the champion will have accumulated 1700% of the growth stats (17 × growth stats), so he ends with 17 × growth stats + base stats.
- As of patch V4.20, champion statistics such as health, attack damage, etc. are listed as having a given base value. This is the value at Level 1. (You can also verify this yourself by entering a game with no runes or masteries and viewing your champion statistics).
- Any unit's attack damage, ability power, armor, magic resistance, attack speed, movement speed, cooldown reduction and critical strike chance, can be seen by selecting that unit in game, along with two bars indicating their current and maximum health and mana (or equivalent resource).
- Player's health regeneration, mana regeneration, armor penetration, magic penetration, life steal, spell vamp, attack range, and Tenacity can be additionally seen by opening advanced player stats (default binding to C).
- If the value is written in white, that unit has only the base amount of that statistic. If the value is written in bold yellow, that statistic has been increased from the base amount through external means. By hovering the cursor over almost any stat the base amount is displayed in tooltip in blue plus bonus amount in green. The total of stat is either blue if there is no bonus amount, or green. This applies to all visible stats with exception of penetrations, health and resource bar.
- If the total value of stat is written in bold yellow, but in blue in tooltip, then the stat has not been really increased, just displayed as rounded up. This also doesn't apply to penetration stats, health and resource bar.
- Hovering the cursor over health and resource bar additionally displays values of health and resource regeneration in respective base units per second while hovering over regeneration stats themselves in the stat table displays values in traditional base units per 5 seconds.
- Armor penetration and magic penetration use own unique format 'F | P%', where F shows flat penetration and P percentage penetration in percent. All four values are always written in blue regardless of being externally modified or not (as all champions have base penetration values of 0, the color exception is purely aesthetical).
- Tenacity is displayed in percent but without '%' symbol.
- Armor and magic resistance also include the resulting damage reduction in own tooltips.
- On the champion statistic screen of old client, magic penetration was listed as Spell Penetration. In the advanced player stats, critical strike chance is listed simply as Critical Strike and mana regeneration is for unification purposes listed as Resource Regeneration.
- Total critical damage is not shown in the player stats in game. However, base critical damage is misleadingly displayed as base critical damage bonus in tooltip of Critical Strike with literal value of 200%. Conversely, attack range and Tenacity are shown in the advanced stats, although they are not the official statistics.
- On the champion statistic screen of spectator mode, dodge is still listed, despite having been removed from the game. Only the total stat values are displayed in spectator mode, in-game tooltip information is absent and both critical strike damage and Tenacity are missing.