|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Cho'Gath was designed by Ezreal and Guinsoo.
- Cho'Gath's name is likely derived from "Shoggoth," an otherworldly monster from the works of Ku'Gath" a daemon in the Warhammer 40K universe. Cho'Gath and Ku'Gath share similar names, both come from an other worldly dimension (the Void and the Warp respectively), and both are large, monstrous beings. . The two are similar in that they are alien to the world they reside in (Valoran/Earth), but otherwise they do not share much similarities. Another possibility is that it is derived from "
- Cho'Gath is the first champion to receive a second legendary skin, though Corki has two skins priced 1820 one is only a limited skin.
- Cho'Gath's dance is the same as Mickey Mouse's dance in Disney's Fantasmic! show at Disneyland.
- Cho'Gath ties for highest base damage at level 18 with Skarner (130).
- Before season 3, the icon used to indicate the Tenacity stat on champions is the same icon of his Vorpal Spikes icon.
- Cho'Gath's icon for Feast shows an inner maw, similar to that of the from the film franchise.
- Cho'Gath may be inspired by the popular Japanese movies series, Godzilla, as Cho'Gath bears similarities to Destroyah's first form.
- Cho'Gath bears a resemblance to Malebogia and Violator from the Spawn franchise.
- Riot created a flash minigame called Cho'Gath Eats the World for April Fool's Day.
- Cho'Gath is the only Voidborn with a name containing seven letters instead of six.
- "Ah, the tangled webs we weave..." is a reference to a similar line from the epic poem Marmion, written by the Scottish poet and author
- Cho'Gath shares this quote with Elise.
- When Cho'Gath uses his Feast, he will sometimes exclaim, "Omnomnomnom." This is a direct reference to the , a character from the kids' show, .
- Gentlemen Cho'Gath possesses many quotes that are different from the regular Cho'gath.
- The line, "I'll bite your legs off!" is a reference to British comedy group Monty Python's movie, after being defeated and dismembered by King Arthur. , where the Black Knight yells the same line
- The line, "It's funny isn't it? How your best friend can just blow up like that." is a quote from the sketch "Mrs. Niggerbaiter Explodes" from . It could also be a reference to Kog'Maw's Icathian Surprise.
- "I like a man who grins when he fights!" is a reference to a quote spoken by .
- "One can survive everything, nowadays, except death," is a quote from 19th century author and poet, .
- "Cake or death?" is a question asked by British comedian Eddie Izzard in his DVD. The answer given was, "Uh, death, please. No, cake! Cake! Cake, sorry. Sorry..."
- "Anything less would be uncivilized." may be a reference to Right Guard deodorant commercials.
- Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath's quote, "Maximum Cho'Gath," is likely a reference to the series.
- Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath and Hecarim share a quote, "Crush them underfoot."
- This skin is a reference to the infamous .
- He shares this theme with Kog'Maw.
- His clothing and voice are supposed to represent gentlemen from the 19th century.
- This skin was the first champion skin ever to feature a voice-over change.
- Gentleman Cho'Gath has a personal section on the Latin America server, where he discusses -- in extremely old-fashonied and correct Spanish -- the use of proper words in League of Legends. He warns players away from slang derived from rough English-Spanish translations. For example, "ganking" is referred to as the slangy "gankear" and Gentleman Cho'Gath indicates that the correct term should be "emboscar".
- Battlecast Cho'Gath skin has some body parts similar to from series.
- Cho'Gath is currently the only champion in the game to possess two Legendary skins available in the store, Battlecast Cho'Gath and Gentleman Cho'Gath
- Corki was the first to have 2 Legendary skins, however, both are currently unavailable for purchase.
- In the spoiler for Battlecast Cho'Gath, in the top right are the names XER, URG, SKA, MAW and ANV. This is likely a hint at the other Battlecast skins to come.
- Battlecast Cho'Gath appears as a miniboss in Tokyo, Japan in the flash mini-game, Cho'Gath Eats the World.
- In Battlecast Cho'gath' wallpaper in the top left there can be seen a mechanical tentacle, most likeley being Battlecast Vel'koz's, and right above that there is a very dark figure emanating flames which remains a mystery.
- Under a forum thread that discussed the cancellation of Omen, Zileas noted that, in a skins meeting, someone once suggested a "Japanese Schoolgirl" or "Magical Girl" skin for Cho'Gath, and that he supports its creation.
- On the schematic for Battlecast Cho'Gath, his Feral Scream is emitted by "451 Exawatt Omnisonic Speakers"; 1 Exawatt equals 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 watts. For reference, 451 Exawatts is almost 2600 times the power Earth receives from the Sun. In 1 second, it releases more energy than 2000 Tsar Bombas, the most powerful nuclear device in history, or 100 gigatons of TNT.
- Battlecast Urgot can be seen in the splash art of Battlecast Cho'Gath.
- The in-game model does not actually have the painted insignia that are shown in the splash art on his head and rocket covers.
- Kassadin seeks to prevent Voidborns such as Cho'Gath from invading Valoran, and therefore opposes him.
- On the other hand, Malzahar seeks to release the void to the world, and therefore has allied with Cho'Gath for natural reasons.
|Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath's Theme|