|Effect||Removes all disables (excluding Suppression) and summoner spells debuffs affecting your champion and grants 65% crowd control reduction for 3 seconds.|
Cleanse is a 'non-targeted' summoner spell. Its primary function is to remove active crowd control effects, allowing the summoner to continue pursuit or escape.
- Cleanse will remove any and all of the following effects: Blind, Charm, Fear (or Flee), Slow (that affect Movement), Polymorph, Silence, Root (sometimes called Entangle, Snare or Immobilize), Stun and Taunt.
- Cleanse will provide 3 seconds of 65% crowd control reduction after activation (or 4 with Summoner's Resolve). This stacks multiplicatively with other sources, such as Tenacity and champion abilities.
- Cleanse has no effect on Suppression, knock-ups, knock-backs, grabs and flings. This is true for both the removal and reduction effects.
- Cleanse will remove all effects contained within the crowd control debuff.
- For example, it will remove the following attack speed slows: Glacial Storm, Crippling Strike, Cripple, Wither, Ice Blast, Absolute Zero, and .
- Tryndamere's Mocking Shout is an example of an ability where the two parts are separate debuffs.
- Interestingly, Ground Slam and Barrel Roll are the only attack speed slows in the game not connected to a movement speed slow and so are the only attack speed slows that Cleanse will not remove.
- Previously the tool tip stated that Cleanse was able to remove the Sleep debuff, although no such effect existed in the game.
- Cleanse was named Boost up until V0.9.22.15.