|"Claw or spear, your end's the same."
It has been suggested that this article or section be merged into Cooldown Reduction.
- Were you looking for information about cooldown reduction?
See Cooldown reduction for more detailed information.
Summoner spell cooldown
All summoner spells have long cooldowns. The shortest is Smite with 15 seconds and the longest is Revive with 540 seconds. Because of their strength and high cooldowns, strategic and tactical decisions can be made based on whether or not summoner spells are on cooldown. As such, it's important to carefully measure the best-case uses for your summoner spells.
Items with passive effects with cooldowns, such as or , are not reduced by cooldown reduction.
Items of the same name shares a global cooldown among them. This means using an active ability of an item will send all the same items to cooldown, in both your inventory and shop. For example, if a champion with 3 uses the activate ability of , all three will go to a 60 second cooldown. In addition, buying a new within the 45 second cooldown, the new will also be in cooldown until the remaining cooldown has refreshed.
Static cooldowns cannot be reduced by cooldown reduction. These include:
- Sona's stance abilities (static global cooldown)
- Udyr's stance abilities (static global cooldown)
- Corki's Missile Barrage
- Yasuo's Sweeping Blade, and Steel Tempest
Innate Passive Cooldown
Some champion's innate passive have cooldowns. These passive cannot activate while on cooldown. Innate passive cooldown cannot be reduced by cooldown reduction. These include:
- Aatrox's Blood Well
- Ashe's Focus (Goes on cooldown when performing a basic attack)
- Anivia's Rebirth
- Blitzcrank's Mana Barrier
- Evelynn's Shadow Walk (Goes on cooldown when performing any basic attacks or abilities)
- Garen's Perseverance (Goes on cooldown when taking damage from any source excluding minions)
- LeBlanc's Mirror Image
- Lissandra's Iceborn
- Malphite's Granite Shield (Goes on cooldown when taking damage from any source)
- Miss Fortune's Strut (Goes on cooldown when taking damage from any source)
- Nocturne's Umbra Blades
- Shen's Ki Strike
- Teemo's Camouflage (Goes on cooldown when performing any action)
- Vi's Blast Shield
- Volibear's Chosen of the Storm
- Xerath's Mana Surge
- Zac's Cell Division
- Ziggs's Short Fuse
Ammo cooldowns is the ammo's recharge time. Ammo cooldowns can be reduced by cooldown reduction. Abilities that requires ammo can only be used while the champion has ammo and the ability is not on cooldown.
Note: Only the ammo's recharge time of these abilities is shown here, to read more information on each of these abilities, follow the link on each of them.
- Akali's Shadow Dance gains one Essence of Shadow every 30 / 22.5 / 15 seconds.
- Corki's Missile Barrage stores one missile every 12 / 10 / 8 seconds.
- Heimerdinger's H-28G Evolution Turret stores one turret every 25 seconds.
- Teemo's Noxious Trap stores one trap every 35 / 31 / 27 seconds.
- Vel'Koz's Void Rift stores one charge every 19 / 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 seconds.
- Vi's Excessive Force stores one charge every 14 / 12.5 / 11 / 9.5 / 8 seconds.
- Zyra's Rampant Growth stores seeds every 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 / 13 seconds.
Delay Cooldown are when the ability will go on cooldown once the champion has finished casting all parts of the spell, or the period of casting the spell has finished. For example, Ahri's Spirit Rush will go on to cooldown once all three dash has been perform or the time period of which to cast all three dashes have ended. These include:
- Damage Modifiers:
- Blitzcrank's Power Fist
- Garen's Decisive Strike
- Jax's Empower
- Jayce's Hyper Charge
- Leona's Shield of Daybreak
- Mordekaiser's Mace of Spades
- Nasus's Siphoning Strike
- Nidalee's Takedown
- Poppy's Devastating Blow
- Renekton's Ruthless Predator
- Rengar's Savagery
- Shaco's Deceive
- Shyvana's Twin Bite
- Sivir's Ricochet
- Talon's Noxian Diplomacy
- Trundle's Chomp
- Twisted Fate's Pick a Card
- Vayne's Tumble
- Vi's Excessive Force
- Volibear's Rolling Thunder
- Wukong's Crushing Blow
- Xin Zhao's Three Talon Strike
- Yorick's Omen of War
- Multiple Dashes like:
- Multiple Attacks like:
- Some Self-Buffs like: