Cooldown reduction (abbreviated as CDR) is a champion statistic that reduces the cooldown of abilities, or the amount of time you must wait before an ability can be used again once you activated it, by a percentage.
Cooldown reduction is granted by items, buffs, runes and masteries, as well as some passive abilities.
Cooldown reduction stacks additively. For example, if you have 5% cooldown reduction from masteries and 10% cooldown reduction from, you will have 15% cooldown reduction.
- Cooldown reduction cannot be increased beyond 40%.
Cooldown reduction is determined at the moment an ability is activated. Increasing/decreasing your cooldown reduction while the skill is on cooldown will not affect the cooldown.
Cooldown reduction does not apply on item active abilities such as that of summoner spells unless specifically stated, e.g. the unique enchantment effect of for boots. Cooldown Reduction does not apply to an Innate Ability of any kind.or item passive effects with cooldowns such as that of . Most sources of cooldown reduction also do not apply on
Increasing cooldown reduction
| This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.
- +10% cooldown reduction, +40 ability power, +100% base mana regeneration. Unique Passive: +8% movement speed. Unique Passive: Your heals and shields on another unit grant them 15% attack speed and 30 magic damage on-hit for 6 seconds. 2100 . :
- +20% cooldown reduction, +60 ability power, +25 magic resist, +100% base mana regeneration. Unique Passive: Restores 30% of your maximum mana on kill or assist. Unique Passive – Mana Font: Restores 2% of missing mana every 5 seconds. 2700 . :
- +10% cooldown reduction, +200 health, +60 ability power, +20 magic resist. Unique Aura – Legion: Grants nearby allies +20 magic resist and +75% base health regen. Unique Active – Promote: Greatly increases the power of a lane minion and grants it immunity to magic damage (120 second cooldown) (1200 range). 3000 . :
- 10% cooldown reduction, +80 attack damage, +10% life steal. Unique Passive: Basic attacks restore between 2% and 8% of the physical damage dealt as mana, based on your missing mana. 3200 . :
- +10% cooldown reduction, +500 health, +100% base health regeneration. Unique Passive – Spoils of War: Melee basic attacks execute minions below 400 + (100% AD) health. Killing a minion by any means heals yourself and the nearest allied champion for 50 + (1% of your maximum health) health and grants them kill gold. These effects require a nearby allied champion and consume a charge. Recharges every 30 seconds for a maximum of 4 charges. Unique Active: Shield target ally for 10% of your maximum health for 4 seconds. After 4 seconds, the shield explodes, dealing (100% of the target's AD) + (30% of the target's AP) magic damage, regardless of if the shield remained intact (60 second cooldown). You may only be in possession of 1 Gold Income item. 2200 . :
- Unique Passive: +10% cooldown reduction. +30 ability power. 820 . :
- Unique Passive: +10% cooldown reduction, +50% base mana regeneration. 600 . :
- +10% cooldown reduction, +50 ability power, +50% base mana regeneration, +2 gold per 10 seconds. Unique Passive – Tribute: Spells and basic attacks against champions or buildings deal 15 additional damage and grant 10 gold. This can occur up to 3 times every 30 seconds. Unique Active: Fires an ice lance that explodes dealing 50 + (5 × level) magic damage to nearby enemies and slowing their movement speed by 80%, decaying over 2 seconds (850 range) (225 radius) (60 second cooldown). You may only be in possession of 1 Gold Income item. 2200 . :
- +20% cooldown reduction, +100 armor, +400 mana. Unique Aura: Reduces the attack speed of nearby enemies by 15% (700 range). 2450 . :
- Unique Passive: +10% cooldown reduction, +20 armor, +250 mana. 950 . :
- +10% cooldown reduction, +60 armor, +30 ability power, +500 mana. Unique Passive – Spellblade: After using an ability, the next basic attack (on hit) deals 125% base AD bonus physical damage to enemies near the target, and creates a field around the target for 2 seconds that slows enemy movement speed by 30% (1.5 second cooldown) (half-sized field if ranged). 2900 . :
- Unique Passive: +15% cooldown reduction. Unique Passive – Enhanced Movement: +45 movement speed. 1000 . :
- Unique Passive: +10% cooldown reduction. +200 health. 850 . :
- +10% cooldown reduction, +400 health, +20 magic resistance. Unique Aura – Legion: Grants nearby allies +20 magic resist and +75% base health regeneration. Unique Active: Shield yourself and nearby allies for 5 seconds, absorbing up to 50 + (10 × level) damage (60 second cooldown). 2800 . :
- +10% cooldown reduction, +40 magic resist, +100% base mana regeneration. Unique Passive – Mana Font: Restores 2% of missing mana every 5 seconds. Unique Active: Removes all stuns, roots, taunts, fears, silences and slows on an allied champion and heals that champion for 150 + (10% of the targetmaximum health) (180 second cooldown). 2450 . :
- +20% cooldown reduction, +80 ability power, +100% base mana regeneration. nique Passive: Dealing magic damage to an enemy champion below 40% health inflicts Grievous Wounds to them for 4 seconds. 2300 . :
- Unique Passive: +20% cooldown reduction. +40% attack speed, +80 ability power. Unique Passive: Basic attacks deal 15 + (15% AP) bonus magic damage on hit. 3000 . :
- +10% cooldown reduction, +400 health, +55 magic resistance, +100% base health regen. Unique Passive: Increases effectiveness of all sources of healing including self-healing, health regen, life steal and spell vamp by 20%. 2750 . :
- Unique Passive: +10% cooldown reduction. +40% attack speed. 1250 . :
- +10% cooldown reduction, +100% base health regeneration, +100% base mana regeneration, +20 movement speed, +2 gold per 10 seconds. Unique Passive – Favor: Grants 4 gold and restores 10 health each time a nearby enemy minion dies that you didn't kill (1400 range). Unique Active: Grants nearby allies +40% movement speed for 3 seconds (40 second cooldown) (600 range). You may only be in possession of 1 Gold Income item. 2200 . :
- +20% cooldown reduction, +400 health, +40 attack damage. Unique Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion Cleaves them, reducing their armor by 5% for 6 seconds (stacks up to 6 times, up to 30%). Unique Passive – Rage: Dealing physical damage grants 20 movement speed for 2 seconds. Assists on Cleaved enemy champions or kills on any unit grant 60 movement speed for 2 seconds instead. This movement speed bonus is halved for ranged champions. 3000 . :
- Unique Passive: +10% cooldown reduction. +25 attack damage. Unique Passive: +10 armor penetration. 1337 . :
- +10% cooldown reduction, +80 ability power, +6% movement speed. Unique Active – Hunt: Summons up to 2 invulnerable ghosts that seek out the 2 nearest enemy champions for 6 seconds. If a ghost reaches its target, it reveals the target and reduces their movement speed by 40% for 2.5 seconds. If a ghost cannot find a target, it tries to return to the caster. Ghosts that successfully return in this way reduce the item's cooldown by / seconds ( / second cooldown). 2400 . :
- +10% cooldown reduction, +80 ability power. Unique Passive: Your abilites heal you for 15% of the damage dealt (calculated before your opponent's resistances) (33% effect for AoE). 2500 . :
- +10% cooldown reduction, +30 attack damage, +15% critical strike chance. Unique Passive: +20 armor penetration. Unique Active: Grants +20% movement speed and +40% attack speed for 6 seconds (45 second cooldown). 2700 . :
- +20% cooldown reduction, +250 health. Unique Aura: Grants nearby allied champions +10% life steal and +20 attack damage. 2450 . :
- +10% cooldown reduction, +25 attack damage, +50% attack speed, +10% movement speed. Unique Passive – Tenacity: Reduces the duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, silences, blinds and immobilizes by 35%. 2850 . :
- +20% cooldown reduction, +225 health, +250 mana, +25 armor. Unique Passive – Trap Detection: Nearby stealthed enemy traps are revealed. Unique Active – Hunter's Sight: A stealth-detecting mist grants vision in the target area for 5 seconds, revealing enemy champions that enter for 3 seconds (60 second cooldown). 2130 . :
- At 20 stacks, grants +15% cooldown reduction. +20 ability power. Unique Passive: Grants +8 ability power per stack and 5 stacks upon first purchase. Grants 2 stacks for a kill or 1 stack for an assist (max 20 stacks). Half of the stacks are lost upon death. 1400 . :
- Cassiopeia's Aspect of the Serpent increases cooldown reduction by 25% at 250 stacks.
- Ryze's Desperate Power increases cooldown reduction by 10 / 20 / 30%.
- Zyra's Rampant Growth increases cooldown reduction by 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10%.
- Sorcery increases cooldown reduction by 1.25 / 2.5 / 3.75 / 5%.
- Intelligence increases cooldown reduction by 2 / 3.5 / 5%.
|Name||Type||Tier 1 (Lesser)||Tier 2 (Normal)||Tier 3 (Greater)|
|Cooldown reduction||Mark||X||X||0.2 %|
|Glyph||0.47 %||0.67 %||0.83 %|
|Quintessence||1.4 %||1.95 %||2.5 %|
|Cooldown Reduction, Scaling
(Cooldown Reduction per level)
|Glyph||X||X||0.09 % per level (1.67 %)|
|Quintessence||X||X||0.28 % per level (5 %)|
- The Crest of Insight buff increases cooldown reduction by 10%.
Some champions have abilities that decrease their cooldowns by a flat amount, either their base cooldown or current cooldown, or entirely refresh their cooldown. Base reduction occurs before cooldown reduction takes effect while flat reduction occurs after cooldown reduction takes effect. By using those, a champion can disregard the 40% cooldown reduction cap.
Note: Only the cooldown reduction of these abilities is shown here, to read more information on each of these abilities, follow the link on each of them.
- Cassiopeia's Twin Fang base cooldown is reduced to 0.5 seconds if the target is poisoned.
- Darius's Crippling Strike base cooldown is reduced by 1 second for every stack of Hemorrhage on the target.
- Hecarim's Rampage base cooldown is reduced by 1 second if it hits a target, stacking up to 2 times.
- Nidalee's Pounce base cooldown is reduced to 1 second while it's currently higher if it kills a unit, or if Swipe hits an enemy marked as Hunted.
- Alistar's Triumphant Roar cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds each time a nearby enemy unit dies.
- Amumu's Tantrum cooldown is reduced by 0.5 seconds each time Amumu is hit by an attack.
- Ezreal's Mystic Shot reduces all of Ezreal's cooldowns by 1 second if it strikes an enemy unit.
- Gragas's Body Slam cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds if it hits an enemy unit.
- Graves's Quickdraw cooldown is reduced by 1 second for every autoattack.
- Karma's Mantra cooldown is reduced by / / seconds every time she damages an enemy champion with an ability, and by / / seconds for a basic attack.
- Katarina's Voracity reduces all her abilities' cooldowns by 15 seconds whenever an enemy champion dies within 3 seconds of Katarina dealing damage to them.
- Lucian's Relentless Pursuit cooldown is reduced by 1 second for each of Lightslinger's strikes, and by 2 seconds against champions.
- Master Yi's Alpha Strike cooldown is reduced by 1 second for every autoattack.
- Nocturne's Umbra Blades innate cooldown is reduced by 1 second for every autoattack.
- Olaf's Reckless Swing cooldown is reduced by 1 second for every autoattack.
- Undertow cooldown is reduced by 4.5 seconds if he manages to pick up his axe after using the ability.
- Ryze's Arcane Mastery reduces his other spells' cooldowns by seconds.
- Shen's Ki Strike cooldown is reduced by 1 second every time Shen autoattacks, or by 2 seconds every time Shen autoattacks while Feint's shield is up.
- Shyvana's Twin Bite cooldown is reduced by 0.5 seconds for every autoattack.
- Skarner's Crystal Slash cooldown is reduced by 0.5 seconds for each successful autoattack, and by 1 second against champions.
- Syndra's Force of Will cooldown is reduced by 1 second if she throws the Blue Sentinel.
- Taric's Gemcraft reduces Taric's cooldowns by 2 seconds on his next autoattack after using an ability.
- Thresh's Death Sentence cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds upon hitting an enemy.
- Tryndamere's Spinning Slash cooldown is reduced by 1 second for every critical strike.
- Xin Zhao's Three Talon Strike reduces his other abilities' cooldowns by 1 second for each strike (for a maximum of 3 seconds reduction).
- Zed's Living Shadow cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds when his Shadow Slash hits an enemy champion.
- Ziggs's Short Fuse innate cooldown is reduced by 4 seconds whenever he uses an ability.
- Zilean's Rewind on activation, reduces all of Zilean's other cooldowns by 10 seconds.
- Gnar's Boomerang Throw cooldown is reduced by 45 / 50 / 55 / 60% if he can catch it when its return (scales with GNAR!'s level).
- Boulder Toss cooldown is reduced by 60% if he picks up his boulder after using the ability.
- Master Yi's Highlander's passive component allows him to reduce the current cooldown on all of his basic abilities by 70% for every kill or assist he scores.
- Yasuo's Steel Tempest's cooldown is reduced by 1% for every 1.72% bonus attack speed he has.
- Cho'Gath's Feast's cooldown is reduced by 50% if it kills a minion or monster.
- Diana's Lunar Rush cooldown is refreshed if the target is afflicted with the Moonlight debuff from Crescent Strike.
- Draven's Blood Rush cooldown is refreshed if Draven catches a Spinning Axe.
- Evelynn's Dark Frenzy cooldown is refreshed if Evelynn gets a champion kill or assist.
- Fiora's Burst of Speed cooldown is refreshed whenever Fiora gets a champion kill, and is reduced by half when she gets an assist.
- Irelia's Bladesurge cooldown is refreshed if it kills a unit.
- Kha'Zix's Evolved Wings cooldown is refreshed if Kha'Zix gets a champion kill or assist.
- Tristana's Rocket Jump cooldown is refreshed whenever Tristana gets a champion kill or assist.
[Last updated 20/7/2015 on patch 5.13]
One cost and efficient way to reach maximum cooldown reduction (40%) is:
- First of all, by maxing out the Sorcery mastery which will provide 5% cooldown reduction.
- Then by buying the which will provide 15% cooldown reduction.
- And finally by purchasing a 20% CDR–item, the cheapeast being the 2300 ). (