|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Darius was designed by CertainlyT.
- He was in production long before the Journal of Justice Issue was released with a character of similar looks. 
- Darius is voiced by Chuck Kourouklis.
- Darius' name derives from the Persian word "dariush", which means "kingly".
- Darius was the name of a Persian king who was also called "Darius the Great".
- Darius is the first champion to have a special animation while using Recall or Teleport in which he lifts his axe upward and looks up.
- Darius and his brother Draven are the first related champions to be released back to back. Coincidentally, they both have the same level of attack speed to indicate their brotherhood.
- Darius is one of the 8 champions who do not have a single skill that scales off ability power; along with Zed, Draven, Garen, Olaf, Riven, Talon and Vayne.
- His Axe is just a Noxian-forged battle axe. He had it custom crafted for himself, but Darius doesn't need any silly runes or magics to slay in battle.
- He doesn't really care for title or privilege - he just believes in using his power in the service of Noxus 
- Darius not a crazed, bloodthirsty maniac, or so would people believe. He's more of a cold-blooded killer, moving through the battlefield with powerful, but precise, movements, striking with deadly force where it matters most. He takes pride in combat, but there's no primal bloodlust that he constantly needs to sate. Unpredictable sadists don't always make the best commanders .
- When his ultimate, Noxian Guillotine, is used, the model of his classic skin will change to be spattered with blood.
- Darius' Noxian Guillotine is referred to as "Sudden Death" within the game's files.
- Darius' Crippling Strike is referred to as "Hamstring" or "Noxian Tactics" in some cases within the game's files.
- There used to be a buff icon when Darius' movement speed was increased through Hemorrhage, with the following text: "Aggression - The carnage of war enlivens Darius, increasing his movement speed."
- Both of Darius' jokes have him trying to spin while shouting "Noxus!" as a reference to Garen and the popular "Spin-To-Win" joke. However, Darius has difficulty performing the move and, in one of said jokes, wonders how Garen does it.
- Darius shares a quote with Quinn. "Stay alert."
- In his splash art, Beatrice ( Swain's raven) appears in the battlefield.
- In Darius' classic splash art, a shadowy figure can be seen who resembles Aatrox.
- Though this can also be a regular Noxian soldier, as the ones illustrated in the Journal of Justice look very similar to the figure.
- This skin gives off a green glow whenever he uses an ability.
- In the splash art, Darius can be seen fighting Frost serpents, feared beasts originating from Lokfar and who are mentioned in Olaf's lore.
- He bears a striking resemblance to Norse King Darius". as from . It was formerly known as"
- He shares this theme with Woad Ashe and Woad Scout Quinn.
- Darius has formed an alliance with Jericho Swain, seeing him as a leader with the mind and determination to bring Noxus to glory. With Swain, Darius works to unite the nation behind his vision of true Noxian strength.
- Darius's view of Swain is almost entirely pragmatic. He will loyally follow Swain's orders, but it's more chain-of-command than father-son relationship.
- Darius is somewhat suspicious of the Black Rose. He understands that they've used deception and trickery to help in Swain's rise, but he's concerned that he doesn't know the depths of their conspiracies. So long as they're aiding Swain, he won't move against them - he thinks they're currently beneficial to Noxus as a whole. But he's certainly going to watch them closely.
- Darius doesn't have much respect for Necromancy, if you died in battle, you didn't deserve to survive .
- Darius would have no problem with enlisting a necromancer if it would help him win a battle. He might see Sion and Urgot as useful tools in war, but I still believe that he considers death in battle a failure. 
- He has no personal beef with Garen - he thinks the man is a fool, following a meaningless code of "honor", but he doesn't have a burning hatred for him. He would relish killing Garen in battle though, proving Noxian strength triumphs over the most iconic image of Demacian values .
- It's more likely that he fought alongside Riven, however. Darius would perceive Riven as a traitor and a coward. His solution to Noxian problems was to take action to solve them, while Riven's was to flee. That's how Darius sees it, and Darius doesn't take kindly to Noxian traitors.
- Darius is Draven's older brother. The two together were known as "The Blood Brothers".
- Family bonds can be strong, and a family can become a foundation of strength. It can become easy for weak people to use their family name as a crutch, though, resulting in the kind of self-serving aristocracy that Darius sought to topple. It's clear that Darius felt a responsibility to keep his brother safe and alive - whether that was from love or pragmatism remains to be seen.