- Playing As
- is a powerful harassment ability. Strike an enemy from maximum range for the greatest effect.
- does more damage the more you can land prior to it. Use for maximum damage.
- Darius benefits greatly from enhanced survivability. The longer you can prolong a fight, the more he becomes.
- Playing Against
- When Darius' is on cooldown, he is vulnerable to harassment attacks.
- Darius' ability to escape from fights is . If you have an advantage against him, press your lead.
- Ability Usage
- Remember that your ability to opponoments can be used through walls. Use this to ambush unaware opponoments for a quick kill, such as in the jungle against the jungler early or mid game.
- Mastery Usage
- The Fervor of Battle path is better than the Grasp of the Undying path because Fervor of Battle now gives ad and Grasp of the Undying is too underperforming at the moment.
- For the first row you should take because Darius relies more on his abilities rather than his auto attacks.
- For the second row you should take because it helps you with laning phase. could also be a viable option but it's near to useless for laning phase. could work but Darius is more of an all-in champion rather than a poking champion.
- For the third row you should take because it helps you by healing you when you deal damage and Darius doesn't have any ability power scalings so you can't utulize the full effect that gives.
- For the fourth row you should take because it helps Darius in extended fights and that is where he belongs due to his passive . causes you to take too much extra damage compared to the extra damage you will deal. could be a viable option as it becomes better than the full effect from once you get at least 4 unique kills.
- For the fifth row you should take because Darius only deals physical damage with his abilities.
- For the sixth row you should take because it increases your ad, thus helping Darius a lot because 3 of his abilities (4 if you count his passive) have ad scalings. Darius doesn't attack much so isn't good enough on him compared to . Same goes for as Darius doesn't build enough ad to benefit from it more than .
- The rest of the 12 mastery points you now have will be spent in the Resolve tree, the reason for this is that it benefits Darius more than spending the points in the Cunning tree.
- For the first row you should take because the extra health helps Darius with the laning phase and doesn't provide enough armor/magic resistance to be useful (5 extra armor per 100 armor/5 extra magic resistance per 100 magic resistance).
- For the second row you should take because it helps with roaming and chasing if you're constantly running through brushes. doesn't provide enough damage reduction to be useful. provides an extremely small amount of armor and magic resistance to be useful, on top of the requirement to get those benefits
- For the third row you should take because it synergies with Darius' . provides too small amounts of health to be useful compared to .
- For the fourth row you should take because it is usually the best mastery to use in that row. could also be used if you want to be a little more tankier at the start of a teamfight or a battle in lane. simply doesn't provide enough power to be useful over or .
- Item Usage
- You should buy on Darius as it syneries with his passive making it easy to stack up the armor reduction. After you've bought you should try to only build tanky items as you will get enough ad from your passive once you've applied 5 or killed someone with Darius' .
- deals reduced damage and does not apply if you are hit by the shaft. If you are cornered by him without any form of extra mobility to help you out, get very close to him in order to avoid his blade!
- It's sometimes recommended not pick champions like or that has a weak early game if has been picked, who happens to have a strong early game. Picking someone that can poke him well on the other hand such as or can survive the lane better.
- One of 's main weaknesses is his complete lack of mobility without the reliance on items. Once he enters a fight, he will have a hard time to escape.
- Stacking armor is not a good idea against because ALWAYS deals true damage based on the number of stacks and the passive part of has percent armor penetration. It is strongly recommended to stack health against him in order to reduce the damage of his ulti unless he buys , , or .
- ALWAYS remember at level 16, completely refreshes its cooldown whenever he kills someone with his ult. Don't let Darius reach to that point because he will surely to get a pentakill on your team ESPECIALLY when your team composition are all squishies.