- Playing As
- is a powerful harassment ability. Strike an enemy from maximum range for the greatest effect.
- does more damage the more you can land prior to it. Use for maximum damage.
- Darius benefits greatly from enhanced survivability. The longer you can prolong a fight, the more he becomes.
- Playing Against
- When Darius' is on cooldown, he is vulnerable to harassment attacks.
- Darius' ability to escape from fights is . If you have an advantage against him, press your lead.
- Ability Usage
- Remember that your ability to opponoments can be used through walls. Use this to ambush unaware opponoments for a quick kill, such as in the jungle against the jungler early or mid game.
- Runes Usage
- Item Usage
- You should buy on Darius as it syneries with his passive making it easy to stack up the armor reduction. After you've bought you should try to only build tanky items as you will get enough ad from your passive once you've applied 5 or killed someone with Darius' .
- The is often very valuble to build on Darius due to his complete lack of mobility, while still giving some favorable extra stats.
- deals reduced damage and does not apply if you are hit by the shaft. If you are cornered by him without any form of extra mobility to help you out, get very close to him in order to avoid his blade!
- It's sometimes recommended not pick champions like or that has a weak early game if has been picked, who happens to have a strong early game. Picking someone that can poke him well on the other hand such as or can survive the lane better.
- One of 's main weaknesses is his complete lack of mobility without the reliance on items. Once he enters a fight, he will have a hard time to escape.
- Stacking armor is not a good idea against because ALWAYS deals true damage based on the number of stacks and the passive part of has percent armor penetration. It is strongly recommended to stack health against him in order to reduce the damage of his ulti unless he buys , , or .
- ALWAYS remember at level 16, completely refreshes its cooldown whenever he kills someone with his ult. Don't let Darius reach to that point because he will surely to get a pentakill on your team ESPECIALLY when your team composition are all squishies.