|"You belong in a museum!"
+120 ability power|
+10% cooldown reduction
|Active||Unique: Deals 15% of target champion's maximum health in magic damage and applies the debuff, Doom. Doom amplifies all magic damage that champion takes by 20% for 4 seconds. 90 second cooldown (750 range).|
Magic > Ability Power|
Magic > Cooldown Reduction
|Item cost||3100g (680g)|
- is gold efficient.
- For the item to be gold efficient, the active must be worth at least 173g.
The activated damage triggers on-ability effects, such as and spell vamp, and is treated as a single-target spell for the purpose of these effects. It does not apply champion-specific effects (such as Brand's Blaze).
The Doom debuff can be removed with Quicksilver.
- It is best used to initiate fights, as it amplifies all subsequent magic damage the target takes. It is worth stressing that that the damage amplifier will increase magic damage dealt from all sources, not just the holder of Deathfire Grasp.
- Veigar and LeBlanc. is a great choice on burst mages who have the potential to kill enemies in a single spell combo, such as
- is a better option when more than one member of a team deals primarily magic damage, such as an AP support.
- When champions and was removed and reworked into its current iteration.
was originally added, it was far too powerful on certain
- Its previous behavior has now been reinstated and slightly modified into .
- In the V184.108.40.206 patch, the item was reimplemented with a new functionality.
-  , , , and were released as a quartet of "sister items" that share similar features, specifically having an active ability and a gold-generating item in their recipe.
- Abilities that cause you to deal increased damage also increase the damage dealt by Vladimir's Hemoplague, Poppy's Diplomatic Immunity, and Swain's Torment).
- Also, Deathfire's debuff "Doom" stacks additively with other sources of percentile received damage amplification (for example, Vladimir's Hemoplague )
- However it stacks multiplicatively with all sources of percentile dealt damage amplification (for example, Poppy's Diplomatic Immunity, and Swain's Torment), as long as the incoming damage is magical.