|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Diana's mechanic design was done by Volty, her visual design was done by IronStylus, and RiotRunaan and RiotHarrow both worked on her creative design and lore.
- Diana's name originates from the
of the moon.
- Diana's weapon is based on a  or a (an Egyptian sickle-sword).
- It is often jokingly referred as a "Khopsickle" or "Chop-sickle" by the community and IronStylus.
- Diana's weapon, the Moonsilver Blade is a "reverse khopesh", making it a stylized scythe, alluding to it being a metaphorical reaping tool, alluding to the harvest, another aspect of the moon.. and also the murder of the Solari elders in her case whom she "reaped".
- Diana's character design utilizes forms and shape language which are antithetical and opposing of Leona's design language. While Leona's design flairs out in many aspects (the Solari symbol, her crest/crown/faceguards, dress, etc.) Diana is comprised of inwardly converging circles or ovals (chest guard, gauntlets, dress, etc.).
- Initially what turned into Moonfall (at least from a VFX standpoint, not really mechanically) was originally her ult, however it was supposed to be a channeled AOE which darkened the surrounding area where a projection of crescent moon would turn into a full moon if channeled fully. Upon the completion of the moon projection Diana would shatter the area for a tons of true damage dumping an accumulated resource Riot had on her at the time called "scorn". It was scrapped due to it being to hard to counter.
- The visual effects designer for Diana's log-in screen was Anthony Possobon.
- The moment Diana was Chosen, and in that moment, it was as though she'd known how to call upon the moon's power all along. It's a part of her ascension that she immediately understands the extent of her abilities, though with needed refinement.
- When Diana first began questioning the teachings of her Solari elders, she was incredibly eager and thoughtful in her approach. But what began as almost-innocent questions gradually earned her more and more scorn and derision from her peers. She was always a bit stubborn, though, and continued on her path despite the punishment she suffered for it. Diana became bitter, cold, and unforgiving, but she was right all along.
- The mark on her forehead appeared when she ascended as Chosen of the Moon.
- Diana is the first champion to have a unique login screen music in which a song with lyrics is played.
- The writer of the song is RiotRunaan, the vocalist is RiotSaiyaka and the composer is Christian Linke.
- RiotSaiyaka, the graphic designer who sang Daylight's End (Diana's theme), also made the unique targeting reticle for Diana's Crescent Strike.
- The other champion login screens that include vocals are Vi's, Thresh's and Jinx's.
- Diana is the first champion to have specific running animations for whenever she is slowed and chasing a target.
- Diana's Crescent Blade was chosen by the community to be forged by Man at Arms: Reforged.
- Diana's quote, "The moon also rises" is a counter reference to Leona's quote, "The sun always rises," and together they are a reference to the Earnest Hemingway novel The Sun Also Rises.
- Diana and Leona both share the quote, "Twilight fades."
- Diana's quote, "The moon will rise, the night will last forever!" is a reference to Nightmare Moon, from the television show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic by Lauren Faust, who shares that quote with her and other similarities.
- She is reference to the , a host of female figures from Norse mythology who wander the battle fields retrieving slain warriors who are to be brought to Valhalla after a glorious death in battle.
- Dark Valkyrie Diana skin is the dark counterpart of Valkyrie Leona skin.
- She was originally released with a headdress covering the mark on her forehead. The skin was later changed with the removal of the headdress and an alternate face because it bore too much of a resemblance to Syndra.
- There is a distinct rabbit shaped cloud above the tip of Diana's Khopesh in the Lunar Goddess skin splash. This could mean the skin is a reference to Chang'e, the Chinese goddess of the moon.
- On the Chinese server, the Lunar Goddess skin is named “广寒仙子 嫦娥”（The fairy of Moon Chang‘e), which is officially a reference to Chang'e and based on the skin reveal page by Tencent Games, the skin idea is from an Anonymous Tencent LOL Designer.
- Her ability effects are similar to Order of the Lotus Karma.
- Diana was made to be "a foil for Leona" (-IronStylus), with Diana being the "Chosen of the Moon" and Leona being the "Chosen of the Sun".
- The "Chosen of the Moon" and the "Chosen of the Sun" depicted in the mural are not Diana and Leona, but their ancient predecessors.
- If Leona were to concede and offer peace, that would be a point of incredible conflict for Diana, and it goes deeper than their ideological conflict. As a Solari acolyte, Diana admired Leona a great deal from afar. Before becoming the Chosen of the Moon and learning everything about the corruption in the Solari, she saw Leona as the ultimate good, a valiant protector. A small amount of that trust and longing for acceptance would remain. Its uncertain as to what would happen afterwards.
- During the build up to Diana's release. it was hinted that Diana and Leona may have had a relationship, wherever it was platonic or sexual is impossible to know.
- The Rakkor, like most of the Solari, have become unaware that a moon-worshiping culture ever existed, so they're largely "blinded", by the Solari's influence. Most of them would be very quick to consider Diana nothing more than a heretic and a murderer, and Diana would see them in the same corrupt light as she views the Solari themselves. Pantheon is likely very conflicted, but as Leona's childhood friend, his choice, for the moment, should be clear.
- Main Theme
- Related Themes
|Lunar Goddess Diana Theme|
- ↑ Who designed Diana?
- ↑ Diana, Scorn of the Moon - Her Weapon
- ↑ Diana, Scorn of the Moon - Her Weapon
- ↑ Diana ulti development
- ↑ Diana dev blog 1
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JustSerif/status/232767139692552192
- ↑ Diana Login Music
- ↑ Who is singing that beautiful music for Diana's login screen?
- ↑ Diana Login Music Mp3
- ↑ Diana dev blog 2
- ↑ Diana's song lyrics - help me out?