|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Mundo was designed by Fantasyworld, an old Designer who is in Business now.
- Mundo is voiced by J.S. Gilbert, Who also voices Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath, Gragas, Sion and Udyr.
- Mundo is the Spanish, Filipino, and Portuguese word for "world".
- Dr. Mundo might be a reference to "Mr. Hyde", the abominated alter ego of Dr. Henry Jekyll from the 1886 book by Robert Louis Stevenson; The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde,Van Helsing movie and the video game.
- The icons for Dr. Mundo's Burning Agony and Masochism skills used in game on the champion info screen show him in his original model, which was used in the early closed beta. In fact, we can see that model on a coffin of Voodoo Shaman in Autumn version of Summoner's Rift.
- His /dance was inspired by TV series Fight The Power". A side-by-side comparison be seen here . , from this where Dr. House dances to the song "
- According to Rinoa, Dr. Mundo's first name is Edmundo, named after an artist at Riot.
- Mundo is apparently lactose intolerant, as said in this post.
- Dr. Mundo is one of the five champions who use health as a primary resource for casting spells. The other four champions are Aatrox, Mordekaiser, Vladimir and Zac.
- Of these five champions, Dr. Mundo is the only one to have any associated cost to use his ultimate ability (20% of his current health).
- His quote "Mundo...mmm...*slurp*...smash!" may be a reference to , a character.
- His quote, "Mundo will go where he pleases." may be a reference to quote, "I'll go where I please, and please where I go." This quote is also popular in the League of Legends community.
- Many of the quotes are references from various office comedies, such as from the movie .
- His quote "Mundo smash like a boss!" is a reference to the popular song Like A Boss by .
- The quote about the mail room may be a reference to the Broadway musical
, where the main character starts off working in the mail room like one is supposed to in business.
- His quote about the ABC's of Mundo - "Always be cleavin" - is a reference to where character explains that a good salesman should "always be closing."
- His quote "PC LOAD LETTER? What the Mundo does that mean?" is a reference to the comedy film .
- Some of the papers that spill out of Mundo's briefcase have the heading "TPS", a reference to the "TPS reports" in Office Space.
- He bears a strong resemblance to , a character.
- It is a reference to the bodybuilding competition.
- It was originally a legendary skin suggestion made on the forums that gained a lot of popularity.
- He and his cleaver makes an appearance in the preview video for the Mac Version Launch of League of Legends.
- He is seen in the Mac trailer for League of Legends.
- The skin art for this skin shows him fitting a Dr. Mundo costume. In the background, masks of Willump, Heimerdinger, Teemo, Gangplank, and Blitzcrank can be seen as well as costumes of Urf, Tibbers, a French Maid Nidalee robe, and Cho'Gath. Shaco is also visible near the top right corner wearing a mask that resembles Mundo.
- In this skin mundo bears a resemblance to Leather Face from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Franchise
- He bears a resemblance to Astaroth from the .
- It is likely a tribute to Grom Hellscream which shares the same model as Axe of the Dota series.
- It is also a reference to the Orcs in when on Insane mode.
- This skin is related to "Taipei Assassins", who have won the League of Legends Season 2 World Championship finals.
- He shares this theme with Ezreal, Nunu, Shen and Orianna.