|Champion||Ability Details||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Mundo was designed by Fantasyworld, an old Designer who is in Business now.
- Mundo is voiced by J.S. Gilbert, Who also voices Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath, Gragas, Sion and Udyr.
- Mundo is the Spanish, Filipino, and Portuguese word for "world".
- The icons for Dr. Mundo's Burning Agony and Masochism skills used in game on the champion info screen show him in his original model, which was used in the early closed beta. In fact, we can see that model on a coffin of Voodoo Shaman in Autumn version of Summoner's Rift.
- His /dance was inspired by TV series House, M.D., from this episode where Dr. House dances to the song "Fight The Power". A side-by-side comparison be be seen here .
- According to Rinoa, Dr. Mundo's first name is Edmundo, named after an artist at Riot.
- Mundo is apparently lactose intolerant, as said in this post.
- Dr. Mundo is one of the five champions who use health as a primary resource for casting spells. The other four champions are Aatrox, Mordekaiser, Vladimir and Zac.
- Dr. Mundo's quote "Mundo...mmm...*slurp*...smash!" may be a reference to the Hulk, a Marvel Comics character.
- Dr. Mundo's famous quote, "Mundo will go where he pleases." may be a reference to Duke Nukem's quote, "I'll go where I please, and please where I go." This quote is also popular in the League of Legends community.
- For Dr. Mundo's Corporate skin, many of the quotes are references from various office comedies, such as from the movie Office Space.
- The line "Mundo smash like a boss!" is a reference to the popular song Like A Boss by The Lonely Island.
- The quote about the mail room may be a reference to the Broadway musical How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, where the main character starts off working in the mail room like one is supposed to in business.
- The quote about the ABC's of Mundo - "Always be cleavin" - is a reference to Glengarry Glen Ross where Alec Baldwin's character explains that a good salesman should "always be closing."
- The line "PC LOAD LETTER? What the Mundo does that mean?" is a reference to the comedy film Office Space.
- Toxic Mundo bears a strong resemblance to The Hulk, a Marvel Comics character.
- Mr. Mundoverse is a reference to the Mr Universe bodybuilding competition.
- Corporate Mundo was originally a legendary skin suggestion made on the forums that gained a lot of popularity.
- The skin art for Mundo Mundo shows him fitting a Dr. Mundo costume. In the background, masks of Nunu, Heimerdinger, Teemo, Gangplank, and Blitzcrank can be seen as well as costumes of Urf, Tibbers, a French Maid Nidalee robe, and Cho'Gath. Shaco is also visible near the top right corner wearing a mask that resembles Mundo.
- Executioner Mundo bears a resemblance to Astaroth from the Soul series.
- Rageborn Mundo is likely a tribute to Grom Hellscream which shares the same model as Axe of the Dota series.
- It is also a reference to the Orcs in Dungeon Defenders when on Insane mode.