Slaying Dragon grants experience to killer and nearby allies. After Dragon is slain, it will respawn after 6 minutes.
- If the killing team is lower average level than their opponents, Dragon grants a bonus XP of +25% per average level difference.
- Bonus XP is sharply increased for the lowest level members of the team, +15% per number of levels behind Dragon squared (max total +200% extra).
- When Dragon first takes flight, he knocks back surrounding enemies.
- will not block this ability.
- Dragon has 30% Armor Penetration.
- Dragon's basic attacks deal additional physical damage equal to 7% of the target's current health.
- Dragon's basic attacks are treated as spells and deal 100% splash damage to enemies in an off-centered circle.
- Slaying Dragon grants Dragon Slayer. The first four stacks of Dragon Slayer are permanent, while the 5th stack only lasts 180 seconds or until death.
- # DRAGON'S MIGHT: +6% attack damage and ability power
- # DRAGON'S WRATH: Attacks on turrets deal magic damage over 2 seconds.
- # DRAGON'S FLIGHT: +5% movement speed
- # DRAGON'S DOMINANCE: You take 20% less damage from turrets
- # Aspect of the Dragon: Doubles all previous bonuses and your attacks burn for 150 true damage over 5 seconds. This stack only lasts 180 seconds or until death.
- Dragon has a UNIQUE Passive called "Ancient Grudge", which grants it bonuses against enemies with Dragon Slayer stacks of 20% bonus damage and 7% damage reduction per stack.
The scent of chaos fuels the flames in the heart of the Dragon. Drawn to this war-torn land, the mightiest of beasts has settled deep within the Summoner's Rift, awaiting the next great war. To those who wake this slumbering ancient, beware: for his sharp teeth and suffocating breath have been tempered by the bravest of champions, and yet it is he that still thrives in the depths of the Rift.
- When killing Dragon, check that the enemy team has not warded the area to avoid ganks.
- Ganks at Dragon are in fact pretty frequent, as your team will be weakened by it and with limited escape paths. A good gank at Dragon may result in a lot of deaths for your team, with the Dragon kill being stolen by the enemies.
- Try to keep a ward in the river near Dragon because it provides the following benefits:
- Keep the ward within range of the pit entrance and it will keep the river in sight for spotting roaming champions, and for spotting whether any enemy champions are attempting to kill dragon.
- Consequently, you should consider using a or to check for wards before attempting Dragon.
- Rift Scuttler roaming the river can provide vision in front of, but not inside the pit.
- Killing Dragon is one of the jobs of the jungler. They may require help from the team, especially from the bottom or mid lanes.
- This is one of the reasons why there are usually 2 champions in the bottom lane, with the top lane being solo, when there is a jungler on your team (which there should always be, as it's always a huge advantage, giving roaming help and securing special buffs from every jungle camp).
- Some champions are capable of killing Dragon alone at early levels, but the time and specific circumstances required to do this makes it a risky proposition.
- Dragon can be pulled out of its pit by aggroing on it then moving into the river outside of its range.
- Killing Dragon or assisting in the kill grants five stacks.
- Dragon is the only neutral creep in the game with scaling armor and magic resistance (after level 9).
|Jungle monsters||Summoner's Rift|
|Featured Game Mode|
|Removed monsters||Twisted Treeline|