- Each of stars count as a separate ability for the purposes of applying stacks.
- The 3 second timer is non-refreshing - the third stack has to be applied within 3 seconds of the first.
- Non-damaging abilities also apply stacks - this includes abilities (e.g , ) and item actives (e.g , ).
- Despite not being abilities, stacks can be applied by aura.
- Electrocute is almost identical to the removed Season 2016 mastery
. The primary distinction between the two is that persistent area of effects and multi-hit spells can no longer generate multiple stacks per cast - e.g. , and .
- In addition, Electrocute requires that all three abilities hit within one three-second window, while Thunderlord's Decree only required three seconds between each ability. This makes it harder to activate for champions with slow combos, especially champions who primarily use basic attacks. At least 1.00 attack speed is required without using an ability between attacks.
- Electrocute in-client has a caption that reads: "We called them the Thunderlords, for to speak of their lightning was to invite disaster."