|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
|"Submit to my designs."
- Champion Spotlight
- Recommended Items
- Playing As Ezreal
- Use Arcane Shift to help line up your other skill shots.
- You can play Ezreal either as Attack Damage carry or Ability Power carry depending on how you build him.
- You can line up Trueshot Barrage to hit multiple minion waves or even Monsters.
- Playing Against Ezreal
- Ezreal is a very fragile champion so take the fight to him.
- Ezreal is completely skill shot based, so make sure to keep minions in between you.
- Mystic Shot applies on-hit effects including the Crest of Cinders.
- Ability Usage
- Ezreal's strength as a marksman comes from his versatile kit, high mixed damage, and attack speed steroid from Rising Spell Force. His Mystic Shot, Essence Flux, and Arcane Shift have decent range and good utility, encouraging a caster playstyle, and his Trueshot Barrage can deal high burst damage to multiple targets. However, he is very reliant on landing his skillshots for most of his damage output.
- Ezreal has one of the lowest base healths at level 1. Utilize the range from your skills to keep yourself safe.
- By aiming Mystic Shot in brushes and watching your cooldowns while listening for Mystic Shot's hit sound, you can see if enemies are hiding in a brush.
- If attacking a tower with an ally, you can use Essence Flux on them to boost their attack speed. Hitting the friendly champion will proc Rising Spell Force, granting you attack speed as well.
- In the lane, Ezreal's early burst damage and poke is very high. Combine this with a support or jungler's crowd control to get some kills.
- Do not underestimate Essence Flux's damage when building Ability Power. With some aim, AP Ezreal can easily harass and burst enemies down safely behind minions.
- Remember that Arcane Shift can be used to jump terrain spots and walls in the jungle. It is your best escape mechanism.
- Be careful using it offensively in a skirmish as people will know to focus you while it's on cooldown.
- Take note of the surrounding area. If Ezreal is low on health and tries to Arcane Shift over a wall, the escape attempt may hurt you if the homing missile targets a jungle monster and pulls aggro.
- The missile will track the closest target after Ezreal uses Arcane Shift. Keep this in mind when using the skill offensively near enemy minions.
- Use Arcane Shift to help line up your other abilities, but avoid using it in situations that would leave you vulnerable.
- You can line up Trueshot Barrage to hit multiple minion waves or monsters.
- Do not hesitate to use Trueshot Barrage to just farm a creep wave or defend a turret. By spamming Mystic Shot, the cooldown for Trueshot Barrage will come back up very quickly. With maxed cooldown reduction, its cooldown can end up as low as 30 seconds.
- Trueshot Barrage can be used at the beginning of a team fight to instantly gain 5 stacks of Rising Spell Force.
- Trueshot Barrage takes approximately 12 seconds, from the start of casting time, to reach the enemy summoning circle from your own.
- Ezreal benefits from the two neutral buffs more so than most ADCs. Crest of Insight allows Ezreal to use his skills with impunity and Crest of Cinders allows him to kite with Mystic Shot.
- Trueshot Barrage can be saved for teamfights or 1v1 situations to finish off enemies as they run away. Since the range is global and does a massive amount of damage you can kill low health enemies with a well-aimed ultimate.
- Never forget that Trueshot Barrage is global and you may be able to snipe an enemy champion from all the way across the map if you have good aim. You can also use it to soften up an enemy that you are aiming to fight.
- Having teammates with good CC like Leona or Amumu can make it much easier to land your skills and make the enemy take the full brunt of your Trueshot Barrage.
- If you decide to snipe a fleeing enemy, make sure they don't have any sort of heal, shield, or invulnerability.
- While Trueshot Barrage has high base damage, the falloff could be the deciding factor in getting a kill; to get the most out of it, try to hit your target without it hitting minions.
- Use Trueshot Barrage when the enemy has no vision of Ezreal so that they will be unable to warn their teammates.
- Note that Trueshot Barrage can be seen through the fog of war, so a wary opponent can watch for it and avoid it from a distance.
- Trueshot Barrage has a channel time upfront and is easily dodged by skilled players. For this reason, it is often a good idea to use it to hit an entire team immediately after the battle starts, dealing significant total damage and granting multiple stacks of Rising Spell Force.
- Trueshot Barrage is especially powerful in Dominion, delaying enemies' attempts to capture your towers and buying crucial time. Due to its relatively low cooldown in conjunction with Mystic Shot, use it wisely and use it often.
- Smart casting will give you a faster response time, allowing you to hit more abilities.
- Smart casting Arcane Shift can help you dodge a lot of otherwise deadly situations.
- Mystic Shot deals physical damage. Stacking up on armor penetration runes greatly increase the damage this skill deals, especially in the lower levels.
- Ezreal has several options regarding using armor penetration and armor reduction in all of his builds (Mind the notes regarding armor penetration):
- Mystic Shot and improving auto-attacks with attack damage and armor reduction make it a good item against low - mid armor champions. can be used as an all-around item complementing well into mid to late-phase. While a less to not-effective option for ability power, its strength for
- Ezreal for Mystic Shot and attack damage. While less-useful for regular auto-attack than , the armor penetration is the strongest against mid-high armor stacking champions, it is an amazing item against tougher enemies. Its low cost makes it an affordable purchase in the early-phase. However, it's not exactly suitable for ability power and/or hybrid builds as is. and its upgrades complements
- You can play Ezreal either as a ranged physical or caster DPS depending on how you build him. Additionally, a burst caster build could potentially be viable on him, using a to burst down squishies easily.
- Physical damage per second plays like a ranged damage per second, utilizing autoattacks, Mystic Shot and Trueshot Barrage for burst damage, and other abilities for utility and supplementary damage.
- Caster damage per second plays like an area of effect caster, utilizing Essence Flux and Trueshot Barrage to damage multiple targets in battles while using Mystic Shot for supplementary damage and cooldown reduction.
- is a good item early game (upgrading to or later on) if you run out of mana too quickly.
- The casting of Mystic Shot procs damage buff, which is then applied when the shot hits the target, thus increasing its damage.
- / improve his kiting ability.
- Alternatively, Mystic Shot, making it great for catching out people or separating enemies.
provides an area slow when hitting any enemy with
- If using a primarily AP build, will scale better than or .
- Mystic Shot cannot critically strike, so deciding between items such as and would be determined by whether you want pure damage or sustain respectively.
- When building AP,
and will provide decent stats for a relatively low cost.
- is another option for mana regen and is slightly more defensive. However, it is a decent option for those who enjoy using their skills constantly.
- Depending on what you build, Ezreal can choose to pick up an , or both.
- Within the preparation phase of Dominion in the early 1:20 minutes, Ezreal can start collecting Mana with by keeping every ability on Cooldown. This can serve as a minor improvement for the early phases.
- While the bonus Mana pool of and are the same, they complement each other very well. Getting both requires a high level of farm though. Nevertheless, each item is very useful if quickly farmed and can be a fundamental part of most builds.
- Mystic Shot can trigger passive, making it a core item on any AP build.
- Ezreal as it provides Attack Speed, Cooldown Reduction to continuously spam Mystic Shot, and Ability Power to increase the power of all his skills, for a relatively low cost. can work well on AP
- Cleanse are useful for Ezreal, allowing him to escape enemy crowd control effects and reposition in teamfights. , , or
- Ezreal is fairly squishy at early game. Harassing him early will hinder his gold and experience gain.
- Three of his spells deal magic damage. Buying a or early will help you mitigate his damage if he builds towards those spells.
- Ezreal's Trueshot Barrage has a global range. Take care when recalling when your health is low.
- The projectile can be seen through fog, watching the map while recalling can help you notice it soon enough to move out of the way.
- Although Trueshot Barrage is a channeled ability, you cannot stop the channel with hard CC. The only way to prevent him from ulting mid-cast is by killing him.
- All of Ezreal's abilities are skill shots. Buying movement speed items will make it easier to evade his spells.
- When dueling an Ezreal as Ezreal, try using Arcane Shift to dodge their first Mystic Shot. Immediately, you are in a good place to chase them, have dealt more damage, built a stack on Rising Spell Force, and have a cooldown advantage. If you can dodge Mystic Shot while they are casting Essence Flux, you will have an even greater advantage. For this reason, be careful using Arcane Shift offensively against another Ezreal.
- Ezreal cannot trade fairly during close combat and relies heavily on poking. Having a champ that can dash or blink towards him (i.e. Xin Zhao, Diana, Irelia) would cost Ezreal his blink to run away from the team fight and be isolated from the defending allies causing his death.
- Pure AP Ezreal suffers from a weak early game; his burst is very mana-intensive, he loses his only non-flash escape-skill when using Arcane Shift offensively, he cannot reliably push a lane and he lacks any kind of crowd control effects. In exchange, he becomes a very high damage dealer in the mid and late game due to his high AP-scaling and massive AoE-damage. In this case, it is even more effective to dodge his skillshots by moving erratically.