- Abilities applying on-hit effects (such as Yasuo's Steel Tempest and Shyvana's Twin Bite) are considered as basic attacks (they don't have a 2-second cooldown for generating stacks).
- Fizz's Urchin Strike is a special case: it grants 3 stacks on-hit, because deals auto attack damage and ability damage.
- Evelynn's Ravage is a special case: it grants 5 stacks, 1 from the ability damage, and 4 from the 2 on-hit effects.
- Shyvana's Twin Bite and Twitch's Rat-Ta-Tat-Tat can proc the mastery more than once in a single basic attack.
- Kayle's Righteous Fury does not proc meaning it doesn't count as an ability.