Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Playing As Fiddlesticks
- Use Dark Wind to rack up many minion kills, and try to use Drain on minions to get the maximum health drain.
- Use Terrify on enemies before starting up Crowstorm or Drain to ensure maximum damage.
- Fiddlesticks is very fragile if you build AP items. Try to strike a balance between offense and defense with runes, masteries, and items.
- Playing Against Fiddlesticks
- Avoid attacking while close to your allies. Dark Wind will bounce between you and your allies, increasing its damage.
- If Fiddlesticks has used Crowstorm, try casting a stun or slow and moving out of range until the spell dissipates.
- If Fiddlesticks is nowhere to be seen, watch out for an ambush Crowstorm from brush.
- Fiddlesticks is versatile and can go on a variety of lanes, with the most common one being jungle. Due to Fiddlestick's sustain with Drain, he is one of the few junglers who don't have to worry at all with being at such low HP at the first clear, that they have to go back to base instead of ganking. In fact, this combined with Terrify makes Fiddlesticks one of the best level 1-3 gankers; he can even gank at level 2 just after taking blue if he decides to level up Terrify instead of Dark Wind.
- Fiddlesticks's jungle sustain is so good, that he might not even need a leash at all. This allows his teammates to go directly to their lanes to farm.
- However, Fiddlesticks is extremely dependent from the blue buff to jungle, especially early game, as he is mana hungry. Be very careful of enemy counterjungling.
- Fiddlesticks' ganking potential spikes even more after he obtains Crowstorm as he can make nasty surprise ganks, coming from nowhere.
- Although Fiddlesticks is good at jungle, he can go mid lane too. The advantages of doing this is that it allows your jungler to pick a tankier champion. While Fiddlesticks may seem to lose most matchups at mid lane, his Dark Wind allows him to farm and to harass the enemy laner from a long distance, and his Drain allows him to stay at lane for a longer time than many other mid champions, as long as you can manage your mana effectively. Keep in mind that Fiddlesticks doesn't push the lane very well unless you decide to max Dark Wind, but if you do that, you lose the sustain and dueling potential from Drain.
- Because Terrify is a reliable crowd control, and the fact that he can harass very well with Dark Wind, Fiddlesticks can also be used at bot lane as a poke-based support. Fiddlesticks' harass is one of the strongest and without a healing support such as Soraka or Sona, Fiddlesticks has the potential to harass the enemy ADC and support out of lane with ease. However, he is very vulnerable to all-ins due to his lack of escapes and his squishiness. Keep that in mind when facing enemy supports with a lot of CC such as Leona.
- Keep in mind that Fiddlesticks doesn't have a lot of utility outside Terrify. You may need to purchase some support items such as to compensate for that. Do that only if Fiddlesticks is behind or if you don't really need another source of magic damage, however, as Fiddlesticks' damage potential is wasted if he goes for a support-oriented build; his Drain will be useless and his Crowstorm will do laughable damage without AP items.
- Even if you decide to build AP, however, is still essential.
- At late game, it is likely that many champions have build their own form of sustain, or defenses, allowing them to 1v1 Fiddlesticks effectively. He is also prone to being bursted due to being squishy. Despite this, Fiddlesticks is extremely good late game due to his insane AoE damage with Crowstorm allowing him to devastate enemies at teamfights, especially when combined with other AoE ultimates such as Amumu's Curse of the Sad Mummy. His Terrify is also detrimental to any champion who is vulnerable to CC, this includes squishy carries such as the ADCs.
- Ability Usage
- Dread is a very useful ability. It allows you to reposition yourself after Drain or Crowstorm.
- Terrify with Drain is an amazing combo that can turn the tables in a fight. To make sure that the enemy stays within range, Terrify them against a wall, where they will be under heavy fire and under control.
- If you use Drain on enemies that go into stealth or , Fiddlesticks won't stop channeling until they go out of range. Drain also continues through Sanguine Pool, Rebirth, and Playful.
- When laning, Dark Wind is an extremely effective poke. Furthermore, Dark Wind can be used from an extremely long range since you can bounce it from melee minions to range minions to the target character. Even at a closer range it silences so you can escape often without taking damage. Since Dark Wind is the last ability you should level, use it early (levels 1-5) and often to give you a lane advantage. At middle levels (6-11) this ability will be far less effective at poking from range and clearing minions, while champions with long range pokes will stop you from farming.
- When taking down opponents, consider using him as an assassin, as Fiddlesticks shouldn't take on many champions head-to-head. Sneaking up on an enemy champion then using Crowstorm, Terrify, and Drain maximizes damage. You can also initiate a fight by using or Crowstorm over a wall and using the aforementioned combo onto the enemy team.
- Dark Wind is most useful for silencing enemy champions, but can do very high damage to bunched up enemy champions (especially pairs of champions with no minions around as the spell will bounce between them until it reaches 6 bounces, although it can only silence each target once). It can also be very effective for farming since it deals bonus damage to minions.
- Coordinate with your teammates when you use Crowstorm in order to maximize the damage. It synergizes well with abilities which provide area of effect crowd control.
- Use Dark Wind to rack up minion kills and try to use Drain primarily on siege minions to get the maximum health gain.
- Drain allows Fiddlesticks to jungle by almost continuously regaining health.
- Casting other abilities, getting silenced or getting stunned while using Drain or Crowstorm will stop channeling.
- Crowstorm to quickly jump into an enemy or a group of enemies. Two blinks are twice as effective. can be used after casting
- A summoner spell that can be used to escape, such as Fiddlesticks, as Fiddlesticks lacks any ability to escape. or , is essentially mandatory on
- Crowstorm does not make you invulnerable. Be careful about blinking into crowds with only maximizing damage in mind. Items like or abilities like Idol of Durand would be helpful.
- Mastery Usage
- Dark Wind and Crowstorm. provides a lot of damage over time and can be applied easily through
- Fiddlesticks does most of his damage over time. gives more burst damage which can help kill enemies faster as
- Dread and lets Fiddlesticks stay in range of his opponents. synergises well with
- Item Usage
- Fiddlesticks to keep his mana topped up when clearing. It also provides AP and Movement Speed along with a mini passive. is essential for jungle
- When laning, starting items for Fiddlesticks should almost always include some form of mana regen. A will allow you to poke constantly and keep your life up with Drain.
- Crowstorm or block the massive amounts of CC and incoming damage that will be thrown at you whenever you choose to Crowstorm in. is a must have on Fiddlesticks. It gives you the ability to very effectively tower dive or initiate team fights with
- Buying Drain, as your enemy is slowed when trying to escape. It will also help your ultimate by maximizing damage and adding a large AoE slow in teamfights, giving an advantage to your team. will maximize your damage with
- Buying a Fiddlesticks deal with champions with high health. can help
- Fiddlesticks is a relatively slow jungler and it can be hard to gank until you reach level 6 and get Crowstorm. Consider buying / to help switch between farming while your Crowstorm is on cooldown and ganking. However getting can give you enough magic penetration to basically do true damage.
- Fiddlesticks is almost always inside the aura of the item to deal damage. The magic resistance also gives a good defensive stat against mages. is another good option, since
- Buying a Crowstorm will be interrupted by an enemy with a disruption CC ability. is good idea for more survivability. It also lowers the chance that the channeling of
- A Fiddlesticks to heal a lot more with Drain, meaning that he can put more points into other abilities earlier on. allows
- Fiddlesticks health, AP and CDR which are all helpful for his playstyle. The mini dash on the active also gives Fiddlesticks a larger initiate range in combination with and Crowstorm. gives
- as with most mages, should be bought to counter high MR stacking.
- Fiddlesticks as his AP scalings are extremely high. is a great mid-late game item for
- Fiddlesticks deals most of his damage from his Drain and Crowstorm and both have channels which can be interrupted. This means that hard CC, like a stun, can stop most of Fiddlesticks' damage. However, Fiddlesticks will likely disable you with Terrify's lengthy fear before channeling, making a teammate invaluable.
- A common Fiddlesticks strategy is to hide in the brush, wait for an unaware champion to appear, and use his Crowstorm. Good warding and map awareness can stop Fiddlesticks from ganking you from typical locations.
- When starting a teamfight, try to save your ability with CC that can interrupt his channeling abilities.
- If you see an enemy Fiddlesticks channeling his Crowstorm, use a CC ability that can stop him (stun, silence, knockback, knockup).
- If you have vision of Fiddlesticks, Crowstorm has a distinctive 'scratching' noise while channeling. Alternatively, his pose is the same as Drain except without a green leash.
- However, the time window is fairly narrow, and you may be in even more danger of taking the brunt of Crowstorm's devastating damage if you are trying to reach Fiddlesticks.
- Having a source of Grievous Wounds (like , , or ) can make Drain less effective.
- An easy way to counter Fiddlesticks is to purchase to reduce the duration of his fear or a to negate one of his spells and reduce his damage output.
- As for champion counterpicks, it is recommended to use champions who have more than one hard CC, such as Cho'Gath and Blitzcrank.