- Playing As
- Thanks to , Fiora excels at quick trades. Use the movement speed boost from striking a to escape unscathed or set up for the next one.
- allows Fiora to take down even the most durable opponents and then recover if successful, so do not hesitate to attack the enemy's front line.
- Playing Against
- shows you where Fiora will try to attack from, so be ready to punish her when she tries.
- Be careful when casting immobilizing disables on Fiora. If her is available, she can turn their power against you.
- Ability Usage
- 's can be used mid- , allowing her to block the effects of and counter-stun usually instant immobilizes such as 's , and 's (though the latter is much more difficult).
will disappear if walks too far away from a champion, and they will not appear if cannot be seen by the enemy team. This is useful in many ways:
- By moving far enough away, can force to appear in positions that are more favorable for her, and vice versa for her opponents.
- When hiding in bushes, will begin to appear if the enemy team has vision of the bush. If they are approaching a bush and you see Vitals forming on them, they can see you.
- For the purposes of , "immobilizing" effects mean any kind of effect that moves or prevents her from moving, no matter how brief the duration. Abilities like 's , 's , 's , and 's count as immobilizing effects, and will cause to stun.
- resets 's autoattack, which can allow her to push turrets quickly.
- can break if the stab hits them, including the ones revealed by .
- Mastery Usage
- Fiora's Keystone mastery can be flexible - tankier builds will usually take , while more AD focused builds usually should take or .
- Striking a will count as a stack towards , accruing two stacks instead of one.
- Item Usage
- Fiora's applies on-hit effects, meaning that items such as 's Cleave, , 's Spellblade all proc.
- While almost never a good buy, heals off of 's damage.
- If building AD, any item that offers a mix of attack damage, lifesteal, and cooldown reduction is good for Fiora.
- A prime example is . The passive will help Fiora survive the large bursts of damage that she will most likely attract when is on cooldown.
- is a good first buy on Fiora, granting her area damage and lifesteal, and a large chunk of attack damage.
- While is not commonly built, Fiora can make good use of all of its stats. Spellblade procs will almost always land with , the movement speed on hit helps her position to strike , and cooldown reduction is a welcome addition to her long cooldowns. The attack speed also helps her win fights when she might not otherwise be able to safely break .
- If building tank Fiora, is generally a good item. However, keep in mind that does NOT grant Attack Damage based on health, and so will gain no benefit. While will still do decent damage to squishies, she will not be able to shred tanks like AD Fiora can, and 's heal will be laughably weak.
- Remember that Fiora is one of the few champions who can be built into multiple item paths. Itemize accordingly in order to counter her.
- Avoid using your high damage abilities like or hard CC abilities like when is available. It blocks EVERYTHING; for example, if parries , the fish will drop to the ground and will not attach itself to her if she walks over it. Likewise, will not be applied, and even abilities like will consume the stacks, but deal no damage.
- has a long cooldown, especially at early ranks - after she uses it, punish her while she can't parry.
- Stacking armor & health can be a good idea against Fiora. However, Remember that & deals true damage based on maximum health. It could be worse of she buys armor reduction items like and percent health damage item like .
- 's second strike is always considered a critical strike. Buying a can cripple 's second strike, though it is usually an inefficient use of gold for this purpose.
- It is difficult to itemize properly against Fiora if she builds Attack Damage, because of 's damage. Try to stop her from snowballing out of control, or position intelligently so she cannot attack your .