- Playing As
- Since Fizz can , find opportunities in lane to walk through minions and apply your ability - the damage will rapidly add up as the opponent's Health drops.
- Fizz's ultimate ability, , can be aimed at an enemy or towards the area where you think they'll be going.
- Fizz's spells scale off Ability Power - consider getting items like or against teams that have high burst threat - and items like if you think you can survive without the Health.
- Playing Against
- Fizz becomes extremely deadly when your Health reaches critical levels - each of Fizz's autoattacks apply that rapidly grows in damage as your Health becomes lower - stay healthy when fighting Fizz, if possible.
- Fizz is best in extended skirmishes - don't chase Fizz if you can help it!
- Ability Usage
- At level 6, can guarantee a kill on a squishy with , , and an entire spell rotation, in some cases even when you are a little behind.
- At about 400 AP, has the potential to one-shot squishies without using , or > > followed by to escape.
- With the new updates on fizz's abilities,forget about maxing e.Max w first and use it to farm every minion.Safe and drains very little mana if you execute the minions with your w,which is very easy to do,especially with a sheen and couple of dorans.Also don't forget that w resets your autos.Wave in as many auto's as possible.
- At level 3,use q to the enemy mid laner,auto and than e.After you come down from your e,your w should be ready to use for its 3x dmg.So after you come down from e,auto than activate w for the auto reset.At this point most enemy laners should be at a quarter hp,so if you have ignite use it and keep auto than finish with your q.With sheen and 2 dorans fizz dominates anyone in trades in terms of damage.
- At level 6,try to pull the giant fish ultimate,as it isn't as hard as it seems.The hitbox is very large.Than follow with q e and finish with your w for the 3x damage.The ult is also perfect for roaming,especially ganking top.
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage
- Cooldown reduction is very important on as he relies a lot on his cooldowns to do damage and escape. or as a first item is highly recommended.
- can make him even more slippery.
- In lane,before level 6,Fizz can be harassed by most mid laners if he doesn't have enough mana for an e.He can be killed right away if you have a level advantage or a few kills on him.He is most vulnerable right after he uses e(either to farm or avoid damage).
- Fizz's q can miss.Blinks like flash or even dashes can avoid fizz's q,which can be a lot of damage with a lichbane passive.
- Fizz's kit is very flexible and a good fizz player doesn't have much counters midlane.Fizz can change his skill order or even buy certain items to get an advantage mid.Maxing w over e is a good tactic to ensure fizz doesn't push too much and can farm easily under tower if needed.