- Playing As
- Since Fizz can , find opportunities in lane to walk through minions and apply your ability - the damage will rapidly add up as the opponent's Health drops.
- Fizz's ultimate ability, , can be aimed at an enemy or towards the area where you think they'll be going.
- Fizz's spells scale off Ability Power - consider getting items like or against teams that have high burst threat - and items like if you think you can survive without the Health.
- Playing Against
- Fizz becomes extremely deadly when your Health reaches critical levels - each of Fizz's autoattacks apply that rapidly grows in damage as your Health becomes lower - stay healthy when fighting Fizz, if possible.
- Fizz is best in extended skirmishes - don't chase Fizz if you can help it!
- Ability Usage
- At level 6, can guarantee a kill on a squishy with , , and an entire spell rotation, in some cases even when you are a little behind.
- At about 400 AP, has the potential to one-shot squishies without using , or > > followed by to escape.
- With the new updates on fizz's abilities,forget about maxing e.Max w first and use it to farm every minion.Safe and drains very little mana if you execute the minions with your w,which is very easy to do,especially with a sheen and couple of dorans.Also don't forget that w resets your autos.Wave in as many auto's as possible.
- At level 3,use q to the enemy mid laner,auto and than e.After you come down from your e,your w should be ready to use for its 3x dmg.So after you come down from e,auto than activate w for the auto reset.At this point most enemy laners should be at a quarter hp,so if you have ignite use it and keep auto than finish with your q.With sheen and 2 dorans fizz dominates anyone in trades in terms of damage.
- At level 6,try to pull the giant fish ultimate,as it isn't as hard as it seems.The hitbox is very large.Than follow with q e and finish with your w for the 3x damage.The ult is also perfect for roaming,especially ganking top.
- Mastery Usage
- Thunderlords is very easy to proc, if you want burst.Other keystones that are worth mentioning are Stormraider's Surge and Deathfire Touch.The former makes you very slippery and it is easy to proc with fizz's w, especially with a sheen, and makes trading in lane very safe against skill shot reliant opponents or melee.The latter gives more damage than Thunderlords in extended trades.Fizz q and w active are both single target and work very well with Deathfire Touch.Q alone will have a 80% ap ratio instead of 55% if you only hit it.
- Item Usage
- Cooldown reduction is very important on as he relies a lot on his cooldowns to do damage and escape. or as a first item is highly recommended.
- can make him even more slippery.
- With the new Hextech Protobelt-01, Fizz can take advantage of every stat it gives.Mobility, cooldown, health, burst and damage.Can be used to close the gap for a Q or escape.
- In lane, before level 6, Fizz can be harassed by most mid laners, if he doesn't have enough mana for an e.He can be killed right away if you have a level advantage or a few kills on him.He is most vulnerable right after he uses e(either to farm or avoid damage).
- Fizz's q can miss.Blinks like flash or even dashes can avoid fizz's q, which can be a lot of damage with a lich bane passive.
- Fizz's kit is very flexible and a good fizz player doesn't have much counters mid lane.Fizz can change his skill order or even buy certain items to get an advantage mid.Maxing w over e is a good tactic to ensure fizz doesn't push too much and can farm easily under tower if needed.
- Rush negatron cloak, double doran's, boots and pots.If fizz plays aggressive trade back after he wastes his abilities,stay inside your minion wave when he uses e on you to make him push the lane.Don't push against fizz,one well placed ult and he kills you.Zonya is also recomended,but it takes a while to build it,negatron into main first item is recommended.Ask for junglers help when he pushes and engage when his e is on cooldown.
- Fizz is slippery, but squishy.In teamfights if you manage to cc him he will die fast.He relies on his skills and cooldowns to avoid damage.He can't tank damage well.Zonya is a great tool agains fizz inteamfights.
- A couple ranked games with Fizz will teach you his pros and cons, so when you will meet him later as an opponent you will know what to do.
- Always ward the your lane after he hits 6 and be very wary of his ult, it can set up a nasty gank for his jungler.Flash his ult if necessary,don't get caught by it.
- Don't let Fizz trick you.Never follow fizz in the jungle unless you are certain he can't kill you.Never follow fizz when he leaves mid to roam top or bot.He can just hide in a bush and ult and kill you.SS when he leaves lane and push your lane or go roam to the opposite lane.