|Effect||Teleports your Champion to target nearby location.|
|Range||400 (Smart cast)|
Flash can easily be used to escape from or catch up with a foe. It can be used to dodge or land abilities. It can also be used to move over walls, either for a quick escape or in response to an opponent's dash.
- The cooldown of this spell can be reduced by Summoner's Insight and boots with the enchantment. When both are combined, Flash has a cooldown of 203 seconds.
- Flash cannot be activated if the player is affected by hard crowd control.
- Flash and Teleport cannot be cast while silenced. This does not hold true for other summoner spells.
- If cast while in possession of boots, it grants a 30% movement speed buff for one second.
- For a time, the inclusion of Flash in the game was hotly debated and Riot considered removing it from the game entirely, with parts of the community for and against removal. As a result, it has suffered several nerfs.
- New particles and sound.
- Icon updated
- Cooldown increased to 300 seconds from 265 seconds.
- Summoner's Insight is now calculated after other Summoner Flash cooldown reductions.
- Cooldown increased to 265 seconds from 255 seconds.
- Range reduced to 400 from 450.
- No longer pops projectiles.
- Cooldown increased to 255 seconds, from 240.
- No longer breaks stealth.
- Can no longer be cast while rooted.
- Flash now removes stealth when used.
- Range reduced to 425 from 450.
- Increased cooldown to 240 from 210.
- Cooldown increased to 210 from 195.
- Cooldown increased to 195 from 180.
- Changed Flash's targeting type so it no longer requires a location click; now it uses the location of the cursor.
- Fixed a bug where attempting to cast Flash extremely far distances away would cause the champion to move, instead of teleporting in that direction.
- Range reduced to 450 from 1000.
- Cooldown reduced to 3 minutes from 6 minutes.
- Flash now pops incoming projectiles when used.
- Cooldown increased to 360 from 330.
- Cooldown increased to 330 from 300.
- Cast range reduced by 100.
- Cooldown increased to 300 from 270.
- Cancels channeled abilities upon casting (no more Absolute Zero hopping).
- Blink of an Eye (mastery): Reduces the cooldown of Flash by 15 seconds.
June 12, 2009 Patch: Reworked
- Reduced range to 800 from 900.
- Changed functionality: Flash is now cast without the need of a target indicator (i.e. it is cast towards the position of your mouse pointer).
- Flash will automatically flash to the furthest valid range in the direction it is cast at.
- Flash no longer has a cast time (to 0 from 0.5).
- Cooldown reduced to 210 seconds from 240 seconds.
- Reduced cast time to 0.5 seconds from 0.75 seconds.
- Cooldown increased to 4 minutes from 3.5 minutes.
- Cooldown increased to 3.5 minutes from 2.5 minutes.