The Fog of War is the effect that takes place on areas of the map that are not within the vision range of an allied champion, minion, or ward. This means that, while player can see the topography of any area on the map, they cannot see enemy or neutral units that are in the Fog of War.
Areas which are not obscured by the Fog of War are brighter on the map.
Reveal areas in the Fog of War Edit
There are several ways to reveal an area in the Fog of War:
- Allied units reveal the area around them (1100 range). This includes pets such as:
- A reveals the area around it for 3 minutes. (1100 range)
- A reveals the area around it for 3 minutes (including stealthed units.) (1000 range)
- A ward reveals the area around it for 3 minutes. (1100 range)
- The Mastery Scout increases the vision range of and by 25% for the first 5 seconds. (to 1375 and 1250 respectively.) (The ward from is not affected)
Summoner spells Edit
- The summoner spell Clairvoyance reveals a small area anywhere on the map, including brush, for 5 seconds (5 seconds persistent sight of enemy revealed with Summoner's Insight). This vision is unaffected by topography. (1100 range)
Champion Abilities Edit
Reveal targeted area Edit
- Anivia's Crystallize reveals the area around the wall.
- Ashe's Hawkshot reveals the area it passes over, and the area it detonates over for several seconds.
- Ashe's Enchanted Crystal Arrow reveals the area it passes over.
- Cho'Gath's Rupture
- Corki's Phosphorous Bomb grants vision on impact and for a few seconds after that.
- Cassiopeia's Miasma reveals the area within and slightly around the cloud.
- Draven's Whirling Death reveals the area it passes over.
- Elise's Rappel
- Ezreal's Trueshot Barrage reveals the area it passes over.
- Fizz's Chum the Waters reveals the area around the fish.
- Gangplank's Cannon Barrage reveals the area within the circle if cast in the fog of war.
- Heimerdinger's CH-1 Concussion Grenade temporarily grants vision while on its flight path.
- Heimerdinger's H-28G Evolution Turret
- Jarvan IV's Demacian Standard
- Jayce's Shock Blast reveals the area of detonation.
- Jayce's Acceleration Gate
- Karthus's Lay Waste
- Karthus's Wall of Pain
- Kog'Maw's Living Artillery
- Leona's Solar Flare
- Lux's Lucent Singularity grants vision where it is cast until detonation.
- Lux's Final Spark grants vision of the affected area.
- Malzahar's Call of the Void reveals the area casted for a short time.
- Maokai's Sapling Toss will reveal the area around the sapling, even as it chases down a target, until it detonates.
- Miss Fortune's Make It Rain reveals the area within the circle if cast in the fog of war.
- Nasus's Spirit Fire briefly reveals the area in which it is cast in.
- Olaf's Undertow briefly reveals the area in which it is cast
- Orianna's Command-Attack will reveal the area around The Ball.
- Pantheon's Grand Skyfall reveals the area within the circle if cast in the fog of war.
- Quinn's Heightened Senses
- Shaco's Jack In The Box will reveal the area around the box.
- Syndra's Force of Will
- Teemo's Noxious Trap will also continue to give sight on units poisoned by their detonation.
- Thresh's Dark Passage
- Thresh's The Box
- Trundle's Pillar of Ice reveals the area around the pillar.
- Urgot's Noxian Corrosive Charge
- Veigar's Dark Matter reveals the targeted area during the delay.
- Viktor's Death Ray
- Viktor's Chaos Storm
- Zed's Living Shadow and Zed's Death Mark reveals the area around Zed's clones.
- Ziggs's Satchel Charge
- Ziggs's Hexplosive Minefield
- Ziggs's Mega Inferno Bomb
Reveal enemy champions and their immediate surroundings Edit
- Twisted Fate's Destiny reveals all enemy champions.
- Warwick's Blood Scent reveals nearby enemy champions who are at low health.
- It will not reveal stealthed champions, but Warwick will still get the movement speed buff.
- Rengar's Thrill of the Hunt reveals nearby enemy champions.
- Enemies poisoned by Teemo's Noxious Trap.
Reveal enemy champions when hit by the ability Edit
- Akali's Twilight Shroud
- Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole provides vision while locked on to the target.
- Caitlyn's Yordle Snap Trap
- Corki's Phosphorous Bomb
- Diana's Crescent Strike
- Elise's Cocoon shortly provides vision after hitting a champion.
- Karma's Focused Resolve or Renewal reveals stealthed champions for the duration of the tether.
- Kog'Maw's Living Artillery
- Lee Sin's Sonic Wave
- Lee Sin's Tempest
- Lulu's Help, Pix!
- Lux's Final Spark shortly provides vision after hitting a champion.
- Nami's Aqua Prison shortly provides vision after hitting a champion.
- Nidalee's Bushwhack
- Talon's Noxian Diplomacy
- Zyra's Rampant Growth