First off, since when were these two rolled together as a package? Second off, I see no reason for a glorified rollback user to also receive the Chat Moderator right. There is nothing that a Content Director/Rollback user does that has to deal with the chat, so why do they get the power to moderate over that area of the wiki? Chat Mod was taken away from Rollback users for a reason, why is it still rolled together with Content Director? This makes less sense than the entirety of the Content Director user group.
In general, Content Directors should NOT receive Chat Moderator rights just for being a CD.
- Support — 03:05, May 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Support — I always did wonder why Content Director had that. It was the same thing with rollback if I remember correctly. Chat just isn't the targeted area of the position, and should be kept separate. Kitty (^_~) 03:26, May 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Support — I personally agree. Although I don't see the harm in it, there's just no point. Content Directors regulate their department of the wiki, not the chat. They were given the rights per a discussion some time in the past, but I don't think it is necessary anymore. I do think that they should keep Rollback rights though, because it can help them regulate their department of the wiki just in case it's vandalized. (TLDR: Remove Chat Mod and keep Rollback for Content Directors.) 19:53, May 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Support — and also remove the rollback automatic part. They really don't need any rights for their weird and antiquated job. ajr 19:55, May 4, 2012 (UTC)
- I always thought that Content Directors were mods... ~ Demise101 ♥ Lets Talk! ♥ Blogs! 08:13, 5/26/2013 ~
- They're on equal level. Also C.Directors have the final say in the content they're in charge of, whereby Mod were more balanced in terms of "everything". If they're the same, then wouldn't it easier to just promote people to mod and have them in charge of certain content? -- - Leia | 零亜のレサンテョスイア™ | 1,485 edits! 05:02, May 4, 2012 (UTC)
- League_of_Legends_Wiki:User_Rights puts them as a role separated from all heirarchy, while League_of_Legends_Wiki:Requests_for_Permissions has Content Directors as Rollback with C.Mod rights. I agree with the former, but that's just my opinion. LionsLight 05:09, May 4, 2012 (UTC)
- I personally don't really care one way or the other. I think there are two Content Directors that aren't also Mods or Admins. I don't necessarily see the need for us to have the chat mod right, but I also don't see why it's a negative thing that we do. --Sydeyc 05:18, May 4, 2012 (UTC)
- I personally don't see the point of the content director position. They hold no real power. 20:31, May 4, 2012 (UTC)