"Warning: Do not thaw!"
+20% cooldown reduction
|Passive||Unique: Reduces the attack speed of nearby enemies by 15%. (700 range)|
Defense > Armor|
Magic > Cooldown Reduction
Magic > Mana
|Item cost||2600g (650g)|
2600 gold (650 gold)
- is gold efficient without the aura.
- As with other aura items such as , 's debuff can give away potential ganks.
- is an item best suited for tank champions because of the high amount of armor and cooldown reduction but can also be useful for tanky support champions.
- Ryze is an excellent candidate for use with the , since the damage of his abilities is increased with his maximum mana. The added mana and cooldown reduction also gives him extra sustainability in lane and the armor reduces physical damage taken.
- For its combine cost of 650 gold, gives 150 mana, 30 armor, 10% cooldown reduction, and an attack speed reducing aura.
- The Frozen Heart is specificly good to counter DPS Melee Carries, like Master Yi, Aatrox, Tryndamere and generaly all ADCs, since they all rely on autoattacks and the decreased attack speed will heavily reduce their damage output.
- , and its upgrade, , are the only items that can reduce attack speed.
- The icon used for is the same icon from the popular online MMO game, World of Warcraft, used to represent a 'Citrine' gem. In this game, the gem appears orange.
- The item's description "Warning: Do not thaw!" is a reference to the item Eye of Skadi from the mod DotA: Allstars, whose description contains the exact same line.
- The was a seasonal item for the 2010 Harrowing celebration. It has the same stats as the , just a different name and picture.